Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lushbaugh88
    • Sep 2011

black diamond valves? Pros nd cons?

so I'm working on the frame as of now of my 67 bonnie chop but soon I'm gonna start stock piling parts for the motor rebuilds, any input on what I need and don't? Found black diamond valves at a good price should I snatch them? Also my bores are scratched should I over bore or 750 kit? Any input on building a one kick snappy motor is appreciated!
  • dazegoneby
    • Apr 2024

the valves, if you plan on a rebuild ,and the top end needs work, would be good chioce,get correct valve guides to go with them,,,,,rebore over a kit?thats your call,, rebore ,,well mic out the cylinders ,in other words,, if you gotta rebore to like.80 over,,, hell to find those pistons ,,,,,,,,,.20/.30/.40/ .60 over stock bore can be found easily,,engines are what you want hotrod /stocker/runner,,the bigbore kits if you got the coins, and have the wrench time behind you to install one correctly,,go for it,,,, either way,,, brit bikes go like hell to begin with,,,,

Comment

• Torch
      • Jul 2009

in my opinion, black diamond valves are the best valves available, don't bother buying guides until you remove the old ones and see what size guides you will need. the big bore kits work much better when you re-balance the crankshaft. otherwise many times they shake the shit out of everything.
      building a "One kick snappy motor" is more of how you build it, not what parts you buy.. a well built and tuned 650 will blow away the average 750.
      Last edited by Torch; 09-25-2011, 9:04 AM.

Comment

• lushbaugh88
        • Sep 2011

thanks for both of your input! And I'm gonna wait till after I check out any and everything till I buy guides, bearings, and bushings. Never know what's gonna need turned or over sized. And torch, I planned on having the crank balanced any way as a tight well balanced bottom end lasts longer and revs smoother. So I figured since my cylinders need bored, I'm gonna need pistons and I planned on balancing the crank regardless it's better bang for the buck to up the displacement.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;