i
    Last edited by Saltytonk; 09-17-2011, 6:23 PM. Reason: f ed it up

Comment

• Saltytonk
      • Mar 2011

Comment

• MileHighMurdercycle
        • Dec 2009

**** Nevermind. Didn't read the whole thread. I see you found one of the cheat sheets.

And there is no need to fight over this. It is confusing and there are exceptions to every rule in life. I finally taught myself these cause I was confused as to what it all meant as well. And yes, even prior to the hydro model front ends, L still meant wide tire/rim. Just like a wide springer. ****

Originally posted by Saltytonk
        And to take it one step further .....if I'm not mistaken the F denotes big twin engine. And I believe the L has something to do with the fork tube dia.
        F= big twin, H means wide front tire, which means it would have wide glide. But not necessarily denotes all models with a wide glide, other wise FXDWG would not follow this code. It refers to the tire, the front end just generally follows, except with the Dyna wide. X means narrow front tire/wheel, which is how you get a FXDWG. HT means touring frame, and I used to remember what the "H" in it meant, but it isn't coming to me now. D is dyna, and st is soft tail. Any after that is the trim level of the bike. Like a FXDXT, is a big twin, dyna frame, x being sport trim, and the last t being tour pack. Also explaining the FXDWG, as big twin, skinny front tire/rim, dyna frame, but with a wide glide. There is some cheat sheets on line too.
        Last edited by SMChewy; 09-17-2011, 7:48 PM.

Comment

• BillyT
          • Dec 2010

I'd ride this one...

Buddy was considering doing this to his...

Comment

• ibuiltmine
            • Jun 2010

WHat I found was a bike called a road king that seems to be am FL, but with less stuff on it then the Electra Glide. Once I started looking at Road Kings, I understood it all better. Im fairly sure that at only having 3 grand into it so far, and it runs, drives and has a clear title I can clean it up and make a few bucks. Got my eye on three more next Tuesday. Im going to have to buy a shop now, and make it Legit. Got a letter from the state saying I can sell any more vehicle for the next 12 months without getting a license.

Im hoping after buying and selling a dozen or so, I will ahve enough parts laying around to build one for myself.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;