Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chopped850
    • Apr 2024

1" Clutch perch for biltwells

I'm working on the norty and found an issue. I put the 1" clubman's on and the Magura clutch perch the bike had is for 7/8"s bars not the 1". Been to both MX stores and my local indy for a perch. No dice! Anyone had this issue when they put biltwell's on their brit iron and had the same issue? Where do I find a clutch perch that works?
  • Boylecomm
    • Jun 2009

Comment

• chopped850
      • Apr 2024

Those won't work for me. I also recalled the brake MC is the same.

Comment

• eliwolf6
        • Aug 2009

i just take the 7/8 ones and bore em out a bit, 1/16th all the way around....

Comment

• chopped850
          • Apr 2024

So I could buy a drill bit the next size up from 7/8" tighten up the clamps and bore them out in the drill press?

Comment

• chopped850
            • Apr 2024

I've figured out how to fix this issue. I'm gonna simply dimple the bars where the mounts will squeeze them. Put the clamp parts on and make small cuts, tap the cut parts inward and weld them shut. It will keep the controls from ever sliding up and down the bars. I will see if it works tomorrow.

Comment

• chopped850
              • Apr 2024

Well I couldn't stand the thought of cutting into the bars and then fuck it up. So I found the hand controls on fleabay and it's all good in the hood.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;