CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 10 of 11 First ... 891011 Last
    livingdeadmc

Quote Originally Posted by beanhead78 View Post
    i usually try to say no to drugs.
    Wait....you mean I can say no? I didn't know that was an option! Shit my brains gonna be pissed!

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

I thought that Dr. Octagon was some hippie dude from the 70's, maybe I was thinking of Edgar Winter? Anyway, that was some drug shit for sure.

You know, normally, I would try not to hijack a thread with random rap videos and drug references, but since ChoppyGee quit posting on the Build for Brandon, I suppose that this will have to suffice for now.

LivingCanvas

Seems weird that choppy OR brandon aren't keeping us updated. Disappointing.

Get Adobe Flash player

was there ever anything mentioned about this Build for Brandon in the media? If there wasn't, thats kinda fishy... A lot of folks donated some great stuff even to Brandon's request... In my eyes, what the folks on here did deserves as much puplicity and recognition as the the folks that lifted the car.
    Normally these kinda things are all done as a surprise. I really hope its something minor and totally excusable. If not, then thats pretty damn lame. It totally kills the opportunity for this to happen to someone thatd actually finish the bike. I know itd take some serious convincing for me to donate something again.

livingdeadmc

It was a scam...

starwolf

I don't necessarily think it was a "scam" per say. Initially I think he had good intentions, but perhaps lacked somewhere else, it really is difficult to know for certain. You all know what they say ..."Good intentions, pave the way to hell" One thing is for certain, I will never donate parts again,regardless of the cause.
    Last edited by starwolf; 02-01-2012 at 9:33 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey sorry guys, I didn't mean to leave you hanging. I'm in the process of moving back to Wyoming (got a job brewing professionally) and Brandon is busy with school and trying to get the legal an financial stuff taken care of he can't cover his bills and isn't gettin any checks from that fuck that hit him or his insurance so he doesn't have much money to put into the little shit that wasn't donated. He has started to rewire the bike but I know he can't swat down to work on it too long. Deyne at Sids speed shop is a bad ass and is going to help him out with the build. Sorry again, I feel like a dick for leaving ya'll out of the loop this long.

As far as it being in the news every time I was interviewed I mentioned what you guys had done and how great chopcult was but unfortunately I was a dick to the media guys about them not respecting the family so my interviews were never aired. I can't speak for brandon but I would be surprised if he hasn't mentioned it in his more recent interviews and I know he wears the clothing sent to him in photo ops as kind of a subtle tip of the hat to all you guys who helped out. So as far as it not getting reported doesn't have much to do with us. The fund raiser we did didn't get much media either. A local radio station syndicate who said they'd donate a slot never did. unfortunately it seemed like everyone in the media was interested in him getting hurt but nothing after the fact
    Last edited by ChoppyGee; 02-01-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

unfortunately it seemed like everyone in the media was interested in him getting hurt but nothing after the fact
    Well, the Chop Cult crew is just the opposite. We weren't too interested in seeing Brandon get hurt. We are more interested in seeing him get back on two wheels... and CC stepped up in a big way on this.

I just finished the painting for the benefit raffle winner, and have it crated up to ship out tomorrow. It is a portrait of the winner's wife on her sporty that I compiled from different elements of a few different photos the winner sent me plus a few photos I stole off his wife's Facebook page. He's going to surprise her with it for Valentine's Day. Here is a link to the finished painting.

Raffle Winner's Painting

You know this lady, Choppy... don't spoil the surprise!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by AngryJohnny View Post
    Well, the Chop Cult crew is just the opposite. We weren't too interested in seeing Brandon get hurt. We are more interested in seeing him get back on two wheels... and CC stepped up in a big way on this.

I just finished the painting for the benefit raffle winner, and have it crated up to ship out tomorrow. It is a portrait of the winner's wife on her sporty that I compiled from different elements of a few different photos the winner sent me plus a few photos I stole off his wife's Facebook page. He's going to surprise her with it for Valentine's Day. Here is a link to the finished painting.

Raffle Winner's Painting

You know this lady, Choppy... don't spoil the surprise!

I know the 33 has stepped up thats why I feel so terrible that guys feel taken. I saw the painting you did for the Rigby's its badass and they're really good people I'm pretty sure they spent more at the fundraiser than anyone else so i'm glad they won your painting. they're great people and i promise i won't spoil it because Fawn is a firecracker and she'd whop my ass.

Get Adobe Flash player

Pics???

Get Adobe Flash player

Sorry guys I feel like a huge asshole... turning wrenches, and getting down to the bike just hurts like hell still, and I haven't gotten very much done.
    I don't want anyone to think I'm taking advantage of peoples generosity, but it'll take a while for me to get going on this project. I'm just not strong enough to do it yet. Not to mention trying to deal with school, doctors, lawyers, and the insurance company keep me really busy.

As far as the media goes, it doesn't really matter what I say, they write their own story. I was wearing biltwell clothes in a lot of pictures, and "Mercury Moto, ChopCult, and Old School Lids" were mentioned in one of those "caught on camera" shows that are on day time t.v. That'll air in Wales, and the U.S.

This newspaper article mentions this thread, but doesn't give specifics. Which is lame, but I don't really have control over what they print.
    http://news.hjnews.com/news/article_...cc4c03286.html

Sorry to leave you all hanging, I really am. I just don't get on ChopCult that often. I'll be better about checking in and keeping you all up to date with progress/setbacks. I sincerely appreciate all that you all have done for me, and I'm not taking it for granted. I'm just overwhelmed with everything else thats going on, and still not feeling good enough to get work done.

So far I've done a lot of electrical work, and I had a friend come over and lift the engine out for me. I feel like my damn grandpa. Getting everything ready and then having someone else come do the heavy lifting. I'll grab some pics tomorrow.

Get Adobe Flash player

I wasn't trying to bust your chops, Choppy. I was just pointing out that folks here ain't like the rest of the whole freakshow circus surrounding this. I hear you on the media thing. They'll say what they will, and don't usually have any qualms about omitting facts or misrepresenting them.. there's nothing you can do really to influence what they will print.I understand about the lack of money, too. It's hard to get anything done without any scratch... believe me... I know!

I also know about sticking with it even after all the hoopla and excitement has passed. I've got three months of my spare time wrapped up in that painting. Alot of late nights long after the world had forgotten who Brandon is, and long after the raffle proceeds had already been spent. What kept me going on it was the commitment I made to the raffle winner and wanting them to see them pleased with the result. When you took this on and solicited donations from 33ers for a build, you made a commitment, too. I think these guys just want to see that thier efforts went toward something tangible, and not toward just a pile of dust covered parts sitting over in the corner of some garage somewhere.

My donation netted y'all cash, which I figured might be spent on the build, but might very well not. I knew it would go toward helping out Brandon in some way, so I'm good with it, but some of these guys who fabbed parts.. well, those can't go for anything other than the build, so where I can feel like I helped out in some way, the rest of these guys don't get the satisfaction of knowing that feeling.

i promise i won't spoil it because Fawn is a firecracker and she'd whop my ass.
    hahaha! ..that's the impression I got of her from this whole process! She and her husband seem like good people.

Brandon,
    I can understand the pain keeping you from working on it. Maybe get a handful of your bros to come over some weekend help you with it to knock out what you can. Hell, turn it into a party and invite a handful of folks to come over and work on it, just to get it done, so you don't have to struggle with it.
    If nothing else, just bolt on what you have so far and then throw up some pics of ya'll sitting out in the garage with the bike enjoying some beers and taking turns sitting on it and going, "BRRRUUUMMMM!!!... BBBRRRUUUMMM!!!" while wearing that kickass new pinstriped donated helmet! That would prolly do the trick.

Your story of the "Phoenix" bike build is an interesting one. I think that those here who helped write the plot, just want to see the how the story ends is all.

Oh , and one more thing... you suppose you could put in the good word to Oprah for me?.. Man, I'd love to git wit dat!.
    Last edited by AngryJohnny; 02-03-2012 at 12:12 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Pics of the tear down. I've got the engine soaking in pb blaster, and cleaner. It turns over, and seems to have decent compression!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0012.jpg   IMG_0009.JPG  

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey there, Brandon. Good to see you posting. I was a little disappointed at some of the responses from people on the thread and I think that some may have come down a little hard on you and Choppy. I have never thought that this was a scam and I generally just trusted that donations of parts, products, fab work and such were going to a good cause regardless of what happened.

Maybe some people expected that you were going to be thrashing around Utah on a bitchin new ride within a few days like a TV "Build-Off" or something and I hope that's not the case. I have had some severe physical injuries (although nothing like yours, I'm sure) and I know that the recovery process takes months, even years. I don't know what others expected but I didn't expect to see photos of you welding away on a hardtail or throwing sparks with a grinder.

I think that some of us might have expected to see Choppy doing those things though. Maybe we don't know much about either one of you guys or your personal relationship but I believe that we were under the impression that Choppy would be heading up the build for you; not moving to another state and leaving it for you to cobble together alone when you're not hurting too bad.

Do what you can, when you can, but worry about yourself and your recovery first and foremost. Cheers from TX.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah, I agree with Nosebleed. I saw a show the other day about this whole thing and they mentioned the extent of your injuries... I didn't realize the extent of them. I don't want you putting yourself through a bunch of pain just to be able to post photos to appease Chop Cult. Choppy solicited the donations and spearheaded this, I kind of feel like he should have stayed on board long enough to see it through, or at least get it well underway.. but whatever.. I guess he's got his reasons, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

What we did here certainly doesn't deserve the same attention as those who lifted the car. Those people literally saved your life. We just donated some stuff. Not even in the same ball park.

Maybe this spring you (or more appropriately Choppy) could invite some fellow 33ers or other riders/builders in the area to make a day of it and come out and work on it a little this spring or something. I just did a search and there are 158 fellow 33ers in Utah. Maybe since Choppy can't see his commitment through, he could try to whip up some kind of chop cult get together to pick up the ball and move forward. Turn it into a party or something. Meet some fellow 33ers & hang out and make some progress as a bonus.

Any of us could probably organize something like this this just from our keyboards online, but I really feel like since Choppy came on here and asked us for donations, he should be involved in trying so see it through in whichever way he can...even if he's doing it from Colorado or wherever.

At any rate though, Brandon, I don't want you trying to take this on yourself. You aren't the one who asked for our donations, and so you shouldn't have to be the one to tidy this up. Just keep mending, and don't worry about the rest of it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey Brandon, saw that you popped up online this evening. How goes the recovery process, man? Hope all is well in UT and that you are feeling fit. Zap us an update on your status and the status of the bike if there are any developments.

Cheers from TX,
    Nose

Get Adobe Flash player

Ditto! Hope yer feeling better!

Get Adobe Flash player

I would have really liked sticking around and helping with the bike but a guys got to make a living and moving back to Wyoming was the only option I had. It all happened very fast and unexpected. Sorry to disappoint but I had no future staying put.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ChoppyGee View Post
    I would have really liked sticking around and helping with the bike but a guys got to make a living and moving back to Wyoming was the only option I had. It all happened very fast and unexpected. Sorry to disappoint but I had no future staying put.
    How is he doing and is he still building the bike?

starwolf

Its kool Choppy, sometimes a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do, I don't think any of us are holding it against you for doing what you have to do. I'm not sure what I expected from all of this, I guess like most I figured you'd be able to pull it together for Brandon with a few of ya'lls buddys (or other CC'ers) I of all folks understand shit takes time,especially when money is tight, its been nearly 3 years on my piece of shit, and its still not road worthy, and leaks oil something terrible.

Perhaps you would be able to spearhead a get together bbq beer party or somethin for local 33ers to come pitch in, make a day or weekend of it. and just try to bang out as much as possible on it. Maybe your not really able to or don't feel comfortable trying to spearhead something like that from afar. Perhaps some other local 33ers would be able to? I know I was stoked just being able to throw a part to the cause, I'm fairly certain other 33ers would be just as stoked to have their hand in the mix(literally) also.

It's understandable that Brandon may not be ready to ride again yet, but it might cheer him up a good bit. (laughter is the best medicine) and I think it'd be bitchin for it to be ready for him, when ever he feels ready for it.

Share This