X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allen
    • Apr 2024

Burning Car lifted Off Motorcyclist

PEOPLE LIFT BURNING CAR OFF MAN TRAPPED UNDERNEATH CLICK TO WATCH VIDEO

Have you seen this video yet. On the news this morning. >>> the attached news article >>>

Logan, Utah (KUTV) - A group of people came together and lifted a burning car off a man, then dragged him to safety, after he was trapped under the vehicle.

The crash happened when a car pulled out of a parking lot and collided with a man on a motorcycle.

Police say the driver of the car did not see the motorcyclist, who laid down his bike and slid into the car.

The crash left the motorcyclist pinned under the vehicle, and the collision caused both the bike and the car to ignite.

After a few moments, a group of bystanders came together, and after several attempts, were able to lift the vehicle up high enough so one of them could pull the victim away from the wreckage.

The motorcyclist suffered broken bones, cuts, and burns, and had to have emergency surgery.

The entire incident was recorded by people in a nearby high-rise office tower.

Police in Logan say they want to find the people who helped rescue the man to thank them.
  • REV
    • Aug 2009

thats a nightmare. laying it down probably saved his life, but i hate people who dont look and claim "didnt see".

thank god people who were there had the compassion to put themselves in harms way to help him. i know that in 99% of accidents, moving the vic is the worst thing to do, but in this case it had to have been the best thing for him.

Comment

• BadMonkeyMW
      • Jul 2010

I just watched that on MSN a few minutes ago. It restores your faith in humanity a little to see a group of strangers risk their own asses to help someone like that. How about the girl who was in the middle of it all, lifting the car along with all those guys?? That's a good woman for sure.

Respect to all of the people that jumped in to save the rider and hoping he makes a full recovery.

Comment

• ChoppyGee
        • Aug 2009

Brandon, The rider in the video is a Chop cult member and my best friend and has been since we were six. I spent most of the night at the hospital last night they put him through his first surgery and it went very well but he's still got a long way to go. All he could talk about is how he needed to thank those people and how he wanted to know what kind of shape his cafe racer was in and I saw him cry for the first time when he was talking about his bike. He is one tough bastard and he's a great guy. I'm just so thankful that there were enough heroes around yesterday that stepped up and pulled him out from under that flaming heap. Keep him in your thoughts bros. He's stable but the road ahead is long and nasty.
        Last edited by ChoppyGee; 09-13-2011, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• MotorCityOutlaw
          • Sep 2009

I was just reading about it on Yahoo and was going to post it up too.

Choppy, glad to hear he is doing good and if there is anything he needs just let me know and I can do what I can from the other side of the country.

Comment

• Nosebleed
            • Mar 2010

Wow, I saw the video on Fox News this morning and cringed. When I saw the bike (looked like an old Honda) I wondered if he might be a CC brother. That looked like a rough situation; glad to hear that he survived it.

Maybe some of the merchants and vendors on CC would be willing to send your buddy a little care package, eh Choppy? All of the best magazines are active on CC, maybe the guys from ShowClass, Dice, The Horse, Street Chopper, Cycle Source etc. would send him some reading material and swag to keep him occupied while he recovers. Ton of people with parts as well. Maybe people could chip in with a donation when he is able to evaluate getting that bike back up and running.

Prayers for his speedy recovery. Cheers from Texas.

Comment

• CRFyou
              • Mar 2010

oh man... i'm so sorry for your buddy. at least he's alive.

and when people say, "i didn't see him" it really translates to;

"i didn't even bother looking before i pulled into traffic. i should actually lose my license for becoming so complacent and placing a poor, innocent man's life at risk. and i suck.... on second thought, i should be in jail."

Comment

• theghostoflLinkWray
                • Mar 2011

Best wishes to Brandon for a speedy recovery.

KYEO, dudes. This could have happened to any of us.

Also hope he hits the motherfucker that did this where it hurt$, big time.

Comment

• ChoppyGee
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Nosebleed
                  Wow, I saw the video on Fox News this morning and cringed. When I saw the bike (looked like an old Honda) I wondered if he might be a CC brother. That looked like a rough situation; glad to hear that he survived it.

Maybe some of the merchants and vendors on CC would be willing to send your buddy a little care package, eh Choppy? All of the best magazines are active on CC, maybe the guys from ShowClass, Dice, The Horse, Street Chopper, Cycle Source etc. would send him some reading material and swag to keep him occupied while he recovers. Ton of people with parts as well. Maybe people could chip in with a donation when he is able to evaluate getting that bike back up and running.

Prayers for his speedy recovery. Cheers from Texas.
                  You're right it was a '81 CX500 we've modded from hell to high water it was a great looking and riding bike but its totally FUBAR'd so I'm on the classifieds right now looking for something to build up for him If anyone wants to send him their well wishes or anything else hit me up. Thanks for the kind words ya'll.

Comment

• EricWoodward
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by CRFyou
                    oh man... i'm so sorry for your buddy. at least he's alive.

and when people say, "i didn't see him" it really translates to;

"i didn't even bother looking before i pulled into traffic. i should actually lose my license for becoming so complacent and placing a poor, innocent man's life at risk. and i suck.... on second thought, i should be in jail."
                    Agreed!

Glad to see people doing something in an emergency though, better than all the stories of hit and runs and people who could've been saved.

Comment

• Nick32vic
                      • Sep 2009

So thankful that he is alive and that those amazing people jumped into action to save another persons life.

Choppy, tell Brandon that we are all keeping him in our thoughts and prayers. Last year my buddy severely broke his leg in a motorcycle accident. He spent about 2 months in the hospital but is walking on his own and doing well. I hope Brandon has a full recovery. Please keep us up to date on how he is doing and let us know if there is anything that any of us can do/send to help out.

Comment

• ChoppyGee
                        • Aug 2009

Thanks ya'll his 33 handle is brandondubya on here if you want to shoot him your wishes but I doubt he'll be using the computer for awhile so I'll let him know everyones pullin for him.

Comment

• Nosebleed
                          • Mar 2010

Choppy, may be a good time to hit up the "Free Parts with a Catch" forum thread. A lot of people use that and would probably be willing to chip in parts to build something up or repair Brandon's bike. Just a thought.

I bet if we asked nicely, the Biltwell guys might send a pair of 7/8 bars if you can get something going. Maybe someone local there in Utah would volunteer to do some welding or basic fab. Lotta resources on here.

Comment

• Sighless
                            • May 2010

I'm glad to hear he's alive and on the road to recovery. Keep us updated on what's going on with him.

Comment

• REV
                              • Aug 2009

good to know hes got a good support base, and def glad hes here, this is a good buncha guys....usually. speedy recovery. lets help get his bike up!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;