CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: need brake help

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default need brake help

Trying to get my 83' FXR road worthy, having front brake trouble. Front lever lacks pressure, bled system and it sends fluid down lines when depressed, but shoes don't budge. I'm thinking the calipers may need to be cleaned or rebuilt, bike has sat for the last 15 years. Any other ideas. Also brake light stays on all the time, maybe a faulty pressure switch? I should start wrenching., then ask questions, but I'm already on the computer, so.....

ARBY

Quote Originally Posted by JaySco View Post
    Trying to get my 83' FXR road worthy, having front brake trouble. Front lever lacks pressure, bled system and it sends fluid down lines when depressed, but shoes don't budge. I'm thinking the calipers may need to be cleaned or rebuilt, bike has sat for the last 15 years. Any other ideas. Also brake light stays on all the time, maybe a faulty pressure switch? I should start wrenching., then ask questions, but I'm already on the computer, so.....
    If the brake light stays on then you have pressure in the system but the piston must be frozen. Pull it apart, clean it out and start over.

Share This