Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • racer32
    • Aug 2010

OIF Triumph tire width?

Wondering if a 5.10-18 tire will fit in a 71 Bonnie OIF swingarm. Anyone running a big dual-sport tire on their bike?
  • dazegoneby
    • Apr 2024

all depends if you have hydralic brakes or old shoe mechanical type...on my 77 oif,,,, all will fit is 400/18,,,thanks to triumphs mastercylinder placement,,, wont allow any bigger tire on mine,,maybe if you move mounting point for m/c ,,,you could fit larger tire in there,or if you have theold mechanical brakes,,,2cents in

Comment

• racer32
      • Aug 2010

Still have the stock conical (drum) hub. Thanks for the help, though. I'm thinkin' the 5.10 aint gonna fit, though. I hate to order a tire that's not gonna work, but I want the biggest DOT-legal knobby/trials tire I can get in there. Wish I could find a stash of 18" K180s.

Comment

• dazegoneby
        • Apr 2024

try the trials universals they had on tr5ts(trophy trials)thinking that, i run a big knobbie on the one i had,,5.0018,,,,,

Comment

• racer32
          • Aug 2010

Thanks. I had a TR5T once. how long ago did you have yours?

Comment

• dazegoneby
            • Apr 2024

had the tr5t around 95/96,,when found,,, needed a tranny,installed tranny from a daytona ,,, was fast like a desert bike,,miss that bike was a wheely monster,,could climb any hill you dare to ride up,,,,

Comment

• Speedfiend
              • Dec 2009

Its not really the hub or even the frame that limits tire width. Its the chain/sprockets clearance. You can go up a 135 on an 18" wheel, but no wider. And that's depending on the tires profile. To get a wider tire back there requires work. You can A. off set the wheel. B. Cut you sprockets down to fit a 520 chain. And there are other ways to get up to 180, but that really serious.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;