Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hutch73
    • Sep 2010

honda cm185-every bulb blown

i'm helping a friend with his newly acquired cm185. we discovered that every bulb is blown on the bike. headlight, tail, turns, controls. it's runs fine though. is there a something in the electrical system that could have made this happen? maybe a common problem? i had a few random turn signal bulbs, we put them in and they worked. we didn't want to buy a new head light and just have it blow out. any ideas?
  • easyspeed
    • Dec 2010

what kind of charging system does it have? Must be working pretty good! Depending on what it has it could be the regulator/rectifier or maybe it needs a capacitor? If it's blowing through lights and stuff like that I'd be leary of running it. Might be frying your points/condensers or any other electrical bits

Comment

• Billyboy13
      • May 2011

A faulty ground will cause bulbs to blow, if they are all grounded together that would explain it.

Comment

• Jasonisdico
        • May 2010

Also if you run it with no battery and no capacitor it will blow them all. At least it did with my twinstar.

Comment

• cros36
          • Dec 2010

regulator or like billy boy said, all grounded together.

Comment

• Waylon
            • Nov 2010

If those turn signals are still holdin' up, it sounds like PO had voltage reg. give up. Replaced faulty regulator. Didn't replace blown bulbs. Make sure charging system is putting out correct voltage when idling.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;