CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default '94 Sportster wiring questions

I bought a '94 sportster a few months back and I have been doing some things here and there to clean it up. The previous owner swapped out the speedo with a mini speedo and the wiring was all different because they eliminated the self canceling turn signal deal. Does anyone have a clue how the wiring was originally run, or has anyone removed stock speedo and eliminated the self-canceling deal? Are all three large connectors supposed to be inside the headlight housing? It seems like a $hit-ton of wiring to get inside the headlight, I want to get everything straightened out ASAP!

Get Adobe Flash player

I know exactly how all that wiring works. What exactly is your question? What are you trying to do? Do you have a service manual?
    Pictures of wiring in question?

Get Adobe Flash player

I am waiting on a service manual, I don't have a photo I just ran internal wiring through my new bars and got them hooked up. However the main harness that comes from the back of the bike is where all of the wiring questions come from.
    They have a few wires just cut and a two with ceramic 10ohm resistors on them. I can get it all unwrapped and snap some pics tomorrow, does this connecter go inside the headlight along with the control connectors?

Get Adobe Flash player

I have a few pics of the harness in question. This comes from the back of the bike up the frame and connects to the speedo only. Someone swapped the speedo and hacked it up. Does this connect inside the headlight or down by the frame?

Get Adobe Flash player

Is it that bad? I just want to make sure I wire it up right and have everything kosher so I can ride the damn thing.

Get Adobe Flash player

appears to be a resistor, maybe for led turn signals?

Get Adobe Flash player

That orange box with all the wires going into does go in the head light bucket. There's a whole mess of shit in there. If I were you I'd gut it and rewire the whole thing. There's some real good wiring diagrams on here and whole threads showing you how to do it and it's easier than it looks.

Share This