CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default My Motorcycle on a Nordstrom T-Shirt! Really?

Kinda weird, not sure whether to be flattered or not :shaking:

Found out from another forum that the image of my XS650is now on a Nordstrom's T-Shirt for sale... And NO, that is NOT Me in the pics :laughing:

Looks similar to this shot right??

Didn't this happen to Falcon

Get Adobe Flash player

part of me would be flattered and the other part would be pissed.Shouldnt they have to get permission or pay you or something?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by BurseCurse View Post
    part of me would be flattered and the other part would be pissed.Shouldnt they have to get permission or pay you or something?
    I was wondering the same thing.

Get Adobe Flash player

Haha, you should send them a cease and desist order...maybe get some cash out of them???

Get Adobe Flash player

Can you say "royalties"? If not, can you say "Sue their balls to the wall"?

Get Adobe Flash player

Who took the picture?

Whomever took the picture has the rights to the photo.

Get Adobe Flash player

If you took the picture and did not give the right to use the picture you are entitled to royalties for the use of it. Just about any blood-sucker would jump on a case like this. it will never make it to trial and you will end up with a paycheck.

However don't expect a huge payout. $2500 would be on the high end of a payout.

Now if they used it as a logo for a national campaign.... BIG money!
    Last edited by Carman34L; 08-12-2011 at 4:07 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Those fuckers! You should get some royalties. Did you take that photo they stole from? Burn-outs in the lobby of their corporate office are in order!

Get Adobe Flash player

Tips and tricks for a successful Website - Copyright

SEE ALSO
    META TAGS, Tips, Spam Mail, Security
    THE SEVEN DEADLY MYTHS OF INTERNET COPYRIGHT

by Attorney David L. Amkraut

WARNING: The following is a summary of important information regarding the use and misuse of photos on the Internet. It is not specific legal advice. Copyright is a specialized field of law, and there are sometimes exceptions to the rules. If you have a specific copyright concern, you should consult a lawyer with expertise in copyright issues concerning the use and misuse of photos on the Internet.
    AN EXCELLENT RULE OF THUMB

If you do not have specific permission (preferably written!) from the owner of a photo, you cannot legally display it on a website, post it to the Usenet, copy it, send it around by Email or other means, make photos derived from it, sell it, or otherwise exploit it.

MYTH # 1

"I do not need to register my photos with the copyright office, because I 'automatically' have copyright at the instant I snap the shutter."

This is a serious misunderstanding of the law. Yes, you do own copyright without registration. BUT if you want to protect your photos from theft, you should register them with the Copyright Office, before you publish or distribute them. If you register your photos, you gain powerful remedies against infringers. These can include:

* Civil penalties ("damages"). The pirate is on the hook for up to $150,000 for each misused photo;

* Attorney's fees: the infringer has to pay your attorney's hourly fees and all costs such as copies, postage, filing fees, etc.

* Restraining orders, Preliminary and Permanent Injunctions against the infringer, and even seizure of the pirate's computer equipment in some cases.

An important practical point is that if the photos are registered, you might find an attorney to take the case on "contingency," which means he takes the risk of gambling on a win, rather than you paying him by the hour. Faced with a lawsuit over registered images-and an injunction which would likely mean being put out of business forever-many pirates will quickly settle up and pay.

By contrast, if you did not register your photos, it is almost impossible, as a practical matter, to nail an infringer. To get any damages at all, you have to prove how much the pirate made off your particular photos, or exactly how much money the theft cost you. Either is almost impossible to prove. And you do not recover attorney's fees, so the cost of the lawsuit would far outweigh your possible recovery.

So-if you have registered your work, you are in good shape to "convince" an infringer to stop, or to successfully sue him. If you have not registered, you probably cannot do anything about pirates.

Allen

I'm a little curious myself. Might be worth getting someone (maybe from here?) to draft up a "Nordstroms... wtf?" letter, see if they'll throw you $250 clams, which is about what a pic is worth... unless you've found a celebrities dead corpse in the photo. Do you know where the photo was originally posted? flickr or photobucket is like putting a prostitute on a corner...

starwolf

regardless, of where it was posted they stole his shit & are blatantly using his material. Forget the lawyer, that dude needs a helmet check ! Yeah and a burnout in his office !

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Hmm

Get Money! Good luck man, its going to be tough but you might be able to get something out of all the hard work you did. Im not a sue happy guy but in a situation like yours i think you should be entitled for something. I dont know if my bike pics are worth copy writing. Imstill bush league.

Get Adobe Flash player

Its Nordstroms, probably an $80 shirt.

Go get ur money! its like fucking a whore up the ass, no one will remember the next day but you will be happy you did - lol

Get Adobe Flash player

Wtf. That's weird. I think it was Paul jr that stole falcons bike for a shirt

Some people will do anything to get their bike in a rag.
    You got yours on a shirt.?
    Open up a can of "Sweet" and knock it back.

Get Adobe Flash player

If you posted it on sites like facebook it becomes their property and you loose your rights. Not sure what other sites do that.

Get Adobe Flash player

Not trying to toot my own horn, but that bike has been a huge hit, there are pics of it all over the web...

NOW, I just gotta "steal back my design" and print my own with "Hugh's HandBuilt" stamped on it

I do want a few though

Get Adobe Flash player

Well, unless you took the pic you have ZERO rights to the image. The photographer owns the copyrights. Companies like this often use stock image brokers for this kind of thing, so the photographer may have very well sold the image though such an agency.

Get Adobe Flash player

On one side of the coin, congrats.

On the flip side, I fucking hate thieves.

Get Adobe Flash player

In all seriousness, Im not sure how I would feel.

I think I would actually hate them for it. If I break it down, literally I was an art nerd for years, if I would even see something remotely close to my style or what I was doing it was a a Punk Rock Irish shootout. So as Im back and forth on this, maybe I would look at it like this:

If they would give you props and acknowledge you, your build and respect for what you do in return then the shirt would have soul, but they didnt so they can just fuck off.

Alright Ive had a few -

Share This