Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cewart
    • Aug 2011

What is it?

This is an old Circa 70's BSA that my friends neighbor has stored in the garage. Hasn't been running in over 20 years, but the thing is SWEET! All I know is that it's a Mid to late 70's BSA 650, (Lightning?). Any idea on the frame/tank combo? Has anyone seen anything like this before? I'd love some feedback, because I want to see this thing running, but want some more grub on it!

• TheLakewoodKid2
    • Nov 2009

71- and later frame with a wassel/hap jones tank molded in.In the late 70's BSA was dunzo

Comment

• Speedfiend
      • Dec 2009

71-72 (OIF), BSA A65 Lightning. No more A65's after 72

Looks like they've molded a mustang tank onto that huge, ugly back bone. Hmmm.
      It certainly is different. Kinda neat.

Comment

• signal9
        • Apr 2024

Would you mind posting the serial number from the engine? That would help to find out a bit more. I'm having a hard time seeing, are there one carbs or two?

Comment

• cewart
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by signal9
          Would you mind posting the serial number from the engine? That would help to find out a bit more. I'm having a hard time seeing, are there one carbs or two?
          From when I was looking at it, it seemed like it only had one carb, but it';s packed pretty tight in the garage, so I didn't get a great look at the other side of the bike.

I'll also try to get a serial number. The Guy that owns the bike said that half the serial is on the engine, and the other half is on the (now covered up) tank, but I'll see what I can do.

Comment

• JimmyStacy
            • Sep 2010

I have the same riser bar setup I took off a oif beezer years ago weird.Harpoon ran the same on a pre unit trump too.

Comment

• Moparkevin
              • Jan 2011

that bike is strange, now do something with it.. I would

Comment

• freewheelin
                • Feb 2010

Looks like a 72 A65 thunderbolt (not a lightning which has 2 carbs). Sadly I have that same seat sitting on my shelf at home, and now I don't feel like using it after seeing it on this thing. I feel like droppin a deuce after seeing this bike.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;