Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noah
    • Sep 2009

help w drum brakes

i would love to see some images of rear drum brake set ups for yamaha xs 650s with forward controlls i am on mt third try and still not getting it
    thanks noah
  • YcMatt
    • Aug 2009

why dont you post a pic of what youve tried and we can give you some suggestions.

Comment

• noah
      • Sep 2009

thats a good idea but my son took the camera to school and it hasnt come home yet at least thats what he says

Comment

• coachstorms
        • Apr 2024

i am getting ready to do the same, i'm not talented or tooled up enough to fab anything on my own so I am using TC Bros forwards with the G&L Pivot. Any advice is appreciated.

Comment

• jamesgs4
          • Oct 2009

found this pic on another board
          Last edited by jamesgs4; 10-26-2009, 5:44 PM.

Comment

• KT
            • Aug 2009

maybe I cant see the whole deal but my first thought is why not stagger bend the main rod and go from the bottom under the case cover instead of going over the top and have to make 4 other linkage rods? you could make one swtich over at the rear and when you push down it will push the main rod back bringing the second forward applying the brake ...Like I said it is hard to tell exactly what clearance you have but just a thought....

Comment

• YcMatt
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by KT
              maybe I cant see the whole deal but my first thought is why not stagger bend the main rod and go from the bottom under the case cover instead of going over the top and have to make 4 other linkage rods? you could make one swtich over at the rear and when you push down it will push the main rod back bringing the second forward applying the brake ...Like I said it is hard to tell exactly what clearance you have but just a thought....

thats pretty much exactly what i did. keep it simple and it will work.

Comment

• lobstermobster
                • Aug 2009

that rear brake set up looks like a real live game of mouse trap.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;