Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WesD
    • Jul 2009

sr 500 magneto diagram

does anyone have a clymer wiring diagram for a 1978 sr500 magnito and voltage regulator.
  • TRUMPNUT
    • Jul 2009

Thats a CDI year right ? I might have a points mag diag. let me dig it up

Comment

• erikweste
      • Jul 2009

Does this help?

Comment

• WesD
        • Jul 2009

thanks trumpnut
        eric thanks I think it has a after market mag/stator because none of the wires are the same colors as any of the wire diagrams. I have 4 whites, 1 pink, 1 tan, 1 black and 1 yellow.Im Bumed I need to get it done yesterday.

Comment

• TRUMPNUT
          • Jul 2009

Google electrosport they are out of Oceanside CA and I believe you have one of there ign. Their site has a complete installation directions for all there products

Comment

• WesD
            • Jul 2009

thanks again Trumpnut.
            I emailed them this morning,for a wire diagram.They dont give much info on the site,looks like its all plug and play.
            tried to call to but not open.
            Last edited by WesD; 07-25-2009, 2:11 PM.

Comment

• TRUMPNUT
              • Jul 2009

I tyried finding it for you but I'm in the middle of moving shops . I just poored the concrete floors of my new garage Friday . So everthing is scattered everywere !!!

Comment

• TRUMPNUT
                • Jul 2009

Silly Question it is a mag not a CDI ? if it is a mag does it have a coil under the tank ? If it does look up a DT yamaha mag wire diagrhm . if it is a CDI then all you have is the exsiter coil , pick up coil , ign coil wire and ground plus another wire that grounds to turn off the ign.

Comment

• WesD
                  • Jul 2009

A big thanks to everyone that help. I ended up ohm ing all the wire to fiqure out what was going on.At one point I had 60 volts coming out of the charging system......I sat down at Kim's house for 3 days frustrated as hell,but determined to finish before a Kim's newest deadline.It all came down to 2 grounds/black wires coming of the mag to the cdi box.They were both hooked together thinking a ground is a ground (Wronge).Once I switched the wires up and kick it over the light flickerd,I didnt say nothing to Kim I just put my hand up to get a high five.He said "the Look on your face was Priceless".

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;