X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WOMPY
    • Aug 2009

Cafesito Moderno CB750

*****WE ARE THE CULT OF CHOP*****
    Another bike on the chopping block!!! This time a '79 CB750 DOHC which I got as a trade for some work.
    First off from my stash is a set of Yamaha R1 inverted forks which will get a new stem and axle to go with a 19" 5-spoke mag from a Virago. I will also be making new carriers for the dual 13" rotors which will offset them .050" to bring back to where they need to be. Also scored a stabilizer which will mount to a welded tab on the neck.

Some R1 rear sets will find their way to my modified frame which will see reinforcement as well as traditional styling. I'm thinking Norton featherbed meets Ducati multistrada. This calls for deraking the neck to 27 degrees and moving forward and down to get the height where I need it.

A Suzuki SV650 donated its aluminum monoshock swingarm and happens to fit without much fabrication, plus adds 2" to the wheelbase. Rear wheel is a matching 18" 5-spoke Enkei mag from a KZ550 with rear disc for added stopping power.

My original tank from Kz650 will be skinnied up and provided with a new tunnel and clip-on and knee indents just for fun. I have some early Ninja ZX600 32mm Keihin CVK carbs that are cleaned and waiting to suck gas once they get reracked and jetted to fit. They make close to the same HP's so I'm pretty confident they'll work. A Yoshimura can will mate up to a 4-into-2-into-1 like on my KZ will make this baby sing.

First mock up shown with original swingarm. New one on its way. God bless Ebay!!!!

Photobucket
  • Jasonisdico
    • May 2010

Nice plan Wompy. I've always admired the stuff you turn out. Killer quality. Can't wait to see this thing come together.

Comment

• Gene
      • Jan 2010

subscribed! Looking forward to this. Don't skimp on the development pics!

Comment

• 55fairlane
        • Jul 2011

too kewl.....too kewl !!!! hope to see it on one wheel running past me at 100 mph !

Comment

• grenade
          • Jan 2011

this build looks bitchen where you at i want to see this bike

Comment

• jbishop
            • May 2011

I am excited to see where this goes.

Comment

• motorlou
              • Jun 2010

lookin good, like the name....starbucks anyone?

Comment

• WOMPY
                • Aug 2009

Does everyone have a hot redhead Fedex lady that brings me motorcycle parts or is it just me?
                Got my swingarm and mono shock today!!!!!!!! The seller was nice enough to provide all the measurements I needed before I bidded. I went through 4 different models until I found one close enough to make work.
                Photobucket

Photobucket

Comment

• hellbilly1932
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by WOMPY
                  Does everyone have a hot redhead Fedex lady that brings me motorcycle parts or is it just me?
                  yeah just you. Fed Ex is a dude most of the time and UPS is a very unattractive Lesbian.

Nice swing arm though

Comment

• junkyardjon
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by WOMPY
                    Got my swingarm and mono shock today!!!!!!!! The seller was nice enough to provide all the measurements I needed before I bidded. I went through 4 different models until I found one close enough to make work.
                    Photobucket

Photobucket
                    all you had to do was ask, i have one sitting here all set to go on a cb750

Comment

• jbishop
                      • May 2011

Any update on this thing? I was really looking forward to this build.

Comment

• richfrazier
                        • Nov 2010

im gonna need to see a picture of this fedex girl..start stalking her my man!!

Comment

• 4444Design
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by richfrazier
                          im gonna need to see a picture of this fedex girl..start stalking her my man!!
                          second that!

need pictures!!!!!!

Comment

• poonslammer
                            • Apr 2011

pics or it didn't happen

Comment

• WOMPY
                              • Aug 2009

Sorry no updates as I have gone from working 32 hours a week to 80 except for this week. I got my hands on a '99 zx10 front end, so I'll be using this front end instead of the Yammy (going now on another whip). It came with calipers and integrated h-bars on top tree. I have some 17-4 stainless at work which will become my new neck. I will make a couple extras for those interested.
                              The blueprint is done & cnc program is written.
                              As far as the frame goes, I snatched up a 5-foot piece of 12" I-beam which will become a neat modular frame jig. In my little free time I've been working on a customer's bike as well as getting my garage more fab-friendly.

Here are some of my inspiration photos:

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;