Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cycleboy
    • Aug 2010

Any of the modern sportbike radial style will work......and..................................... .they usually come with an electric brake switch that is easy to wire to the lamp!! I use one off a zx14 (only because it was the cheapest one on ebay) and the stopping force is crazy! set up is a sportster single front caliper on a XS650.

Comment

• fxrjocky
      • Nov 2010

i'm confused about this!.... are you just using the stock master cylinder or do you have to buy a replacment? not sure if it was covered and i missed it but if some one could clearify that would be awesome thanks guys cause i really want to take care of some of the bulk on my bars

Comment

• ARBY
        • Apr 2024

Originally posted by fxrjocky
        i'm confused about this!.... are you just using the stock master cylinder or do you have to buy a replacment? not sure if it was covered and i missed it but if some one could clearify that would be awesome thanks guys cause i really want to take care of some of the bulk on my bars
        I got mine off a sport bike. It's a Nisin, off a GSXR, I think.

Last edited by Guest; 12-13-2010, 7:44 PM.

Comment

• ssjones
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by fxrjocky
          You pull the stock master cylinder and replace it with a piece of plastic tubing. Instructions are earlier in the thread.

Comment

• fxrjocky
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ssjones
            You pull the stock master cylinder and replace it with a piece of plastic tubing. Instructions are earlier in the thread.
            I get it! like i said i wasnt sure if i missed it or not i read the whole tread from beginning to end to try and make sence of it. but i wish it was that easy just pulling it off! lol antone know what will work for a 90 lowrider? or where to find it ?

Comment

• BillyT
              • Dec 2010

All this tech is about is changing the reservoir. If you already have a hydraulic front brake, and are happy with your current brake handle/control, all you are gonna mess with is the reservoir, nothing else.

Comment

• BillyT
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ssjones
                No no no no... That would be a way bad idea, lol...

Just the reservoir.

Comment

• corneilius
                  • Aug 2009

i like this gonna give it a try

Comment

• Wayland137
                    • Dec 2010

Nicely done, but I think a harder plastic would look a little better as oppossed to seeing it vibrate in front of you, blasting done the road.

Comment

• ruckus2115
                      • Jan 2010

ok so if I wanted to really change out my front brake system then i would need the matching disc brake for the caliper....then the matching master cylinder? because a lot of the sport bikes have dual front brakes i am seeing a lot of "sets" on ebay with those dual brakes.....how are you guys putting together these set ups? i love the idea of having that small master cylinder...

Comment

• ran
                        • Jan 2011

thanx for this...cannot believe its so easy...now that its explained...def going to do this...

Comment

• gmp
                          • Jun 2010

thanks this is badass

Comment

• djturnz
                            • Apr 2010

I am a bit lost on finding what Master Cylinder I need to match my KZ Caliper? I assume that any modern sportbike brake lever would have enough to power my old caliper, right? Perhaps my resevoir comes off like that already. I'll have to look.

Comment

• memper
                              • Sep 2010

Its not about matching up a mc to the caliper by brand or what ever. Whats needed is the bore size of the mc. Take Brembo for instance. They have a 19mm(bore) x 20mm(pivot point) brake mc for dual calipers. That means a lot of volume of fluid is being pushed on your old OEM single caliper. Feel will be lost and the brake will essentially work like a switch. Dangerous but maybe you like to have your brakes really touchy, I dunno. If you took a smaller bore size and shorter pivot point then feel would be brought back into play but if the bore is too small then you get spongy brakes.
                              I have read that 19x18 for most sportbikes with 4 pistons, 19x20 for 6-piston calipers, and 16x18 for single caliper applications.

Comment

• BMG
                                • Aug 2009

just set this up myself.
                                pretty easy and not alot of $$$

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;