Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ecmthis
    • Jan 2013

Hey Dunnisher,how hight does that reservoir stand off the mc mount?

Comment

• dunnisher
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by ecmthis
      Hey Dunnisher,how hight does that reservoir stand off the mc mount?
      It's a little over 2"

Comment

• dunnisher
        • Mar 2012

I've got a question for you guys.. How are you going about removing the paint and polishing your controls. I know a lot of the time an epoxy paint is used on aluminum and paint stripper has little affect on it. Thanks in advance

Comment

• haizenberg
          • Apr 2014

i've done mine today. Just perfect. Stock 1991 sportster brakes and some shitty cheap master cylinder for yamasuki sportbike... Cut the plastic as said in the DIY and works perfectly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150312_181811.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	1280814

Comment

• jjj123
            • Sep 2014

Going to be doing this soon, got a couple questions, looked back and don't think they've been asked and answered, but sorry if they have. First off, what caliper is everyone doing this with? just stock one? Does the stock brake line bolt right up or you running an adapter, or just taping the thread? Got a pre 83 fx caliper.

Also, for people who have purchased recently, what have you been finding them for? Saw some people on here saying they found them for next to nothing, I haven't been able to find one, a 5/8 bore at least, for under $120. Just a bad time to buy, or am I'm just late on this trend and there expensive now, or do i just suck at using the internet?

Comment

• hxcjosh13
              • Sep 2012

jjj123 I picked up a couple a while back and I'm going a different direction now. PM me your email or phone number and I can get you some pictures.

Comment

• OakBehringer
                • May 2011

Just finished mine! Turned down a SS socket head bolt in my poor man's hand-drill lathe for the cap. MC is from a 2004 Kawaski Ninja ZX6R, which is the correct size for my stock XL1200R dual disk setup. Got it off eBay for $25, reamed it out to an inch, painted it, slapped on a new china lever for about $10.

TIP: Using a hot piece of round bar I enlarged the dust cap so I could fit the reservoir/tube through it. Looks much better than leaving it off.

SECOND TIP: If you want to use the stock brake lines, which have a 12mm banjo bolt, you can get these awesome banjo bolt reducers from joker machine. The worked great. I didn't feel too good about how few threads went into the MC with them (or maybe the 12mm banjo fitting is thicker), but it's only temporary until I upgrade my brake lines.

Looks great, stops on a fucking dime. Full success.
                Attached Files

Comment

• boombostick
                  • Apr 2016

For anyone looking for a 5/8 nissin master, these are the oem matches I've found.
                  1998-2004 KAWASAKI ZX6R ZX6RR
                  2004-2005 KAWASAKI ZX10RR
                  2000-2005 ZX12R
                  1996-2003 SUZUKI GSX-R 600 750
                  2001-2004 SUZUKI GSX-R 1000
                  1999-2004 YAMAHA R6 /R6S
                  2005-2009 YAMAHA R6S
                  2001-2005 YAMAHA FZ1

Comment

• OakBehringer
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by boombostick
                    For anyone looking for a 5/8 nissin master, these are the oem matches I've found.
                    1998-2004 KAWASAKI ZX6R ZX6RR
                    2004-2005 KAWASAKI ZX10RR
                    2000-2005 ZX12R
                    1996-2003 SUZUKI GSX-R 600 750
                    2001-2004 SUZUKI GSX-R 1000
                    1999-2004 YAMAHA R6 /R6S
                    2005-2009 YAMAHA R6S
                    2001-2005 YAMAHA FZ1
                    Look at the pics of what you're buying on eBay. Every MC is going to have the size stamped on it, which should be easy to see. often it will be in metric (in my case, 14). Compare that to your stock/current MC, which will also be stamped...

Comment

• DirtyBird1914
                      • Oct 2016

What size tubing are you guys using? ID & OD

Comment

• Motocrash
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by OakBehringer
                        Look at the pics of what you're buying on eBay. Every MC is going to have the size stamped on it, which should be easy to see. often it will be in metric (in my case, 14). Compare that to your stock/current MC, which will also be stamped...
                        Also, if you look closely at the MCs, the larger ones have a gap between the reservoir mount and the clamp (see OakBeringers pic above). The smaller MCs, the mount is mated to the clamp (see below). The smaller MCs are usually from bikes (GSXR 600s, etc) with dual 4 pot calipers and are better for single caliper set ups. The bigger MCs are from bikes with dual 6 pot calipers.

Last edited by Motocrash; 10-31-2016, 3:21 PM.

Comment

• IErictheRedI
                          • Oct 2012

Resurrecting a dead thread here, but I just recently did this mod and am having issues. My front brake is locking up out of nowhere which is obviously sketchy. I bled the whole system when installing and am running DOT 5. Stock Harley single disc caliper. Any ideas why?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4363.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	1296161Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4364.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	1296164
                          Last edited by IErictheRedI; 04-18-2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• Sky
                            • Aug 2009

Not blocking the return hole are ya? Good practice is to enlarge that passage anyway...
                            Does your little reservoir have any way to breathe? Have to allow for heat expansion of the fluid...
                            If it's just "grabby" when you pull the lever, might be too big a master for the caliper(s).
                            Then again it may be in the caliper (pucks, pads, pins, springs, shims), disc or wheel...

Comment

• IErictheRedI
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Sky
                              Not blocking the return hole are ya? Good practice is to enlarge that passage anyway...
                              Does your little reservoir have any way to breathe? Have to allow for heat expansion of the fluid...
                              If it's just "grabby" when you pull the lever, might be too big a master for the caliper(s).
                              Then again it may be in the caliper (pucks, pads, pins, springs, shims), disc or wheel...
                              I thought that maybe it wasn't venting properly and took it out with the cap lightly threaded into the reservoir. It still started locking up. I don't remember the size bore of the MC because I shaved off all the castings, but I'm fairly certain it was close enough to the bore of the caliper, otherwise I wouldn't have attempted it. It has to be something to do with the MC only because I wasn't having this issue at all before I made the switch. When I say it locks up, I mean it LOCKS UP...there will be no play in the blade at all to squeeze. I had to unthread the cap a lot and squeeze it over and over (brake fluid was coming out as I was doing this) in order for it to release.

Comment

• Sky
                                • Aug 2009

Banjo bolt too long?
                                Lever and piston not adjusted properly?
                                Burr in da bore?
                                Shit in da line?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;