Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MajorStedeBonnet
    • Jul 2017

This really helpful, if like me you butchered your plastic elbow and don't feel it is a good connection, Nissin do make a vertical resevoir connection, 8mm tube/15mm base that fits in as long as the MC you used has a pinch clip to hold the connector in.
    Part number is MCB-K38.

Click image for larger version

Name:	37191c8d3a0f8bc0d49f0c143bae1705.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1297259

I found it for sale at this store:

I *think* Gale speed in the US sell the same thing but it would be worth checking with them:

Product Description: GALE SPEED Straight Nipple for Master Cylinder [29000048] : Fits:Others Universal:Size: Φ7.3Compatible tanks: NISSIN... - Webike

Edit: Oh and if you miss having a standard mirror, Nissin also make sell these seperately:

Which gives you a 10mm thread for a mirror on your nissin master cylinder.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MajorStedeBonnet; 07-17-2017, 7:12 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

• Dane
      • Aug 2015

nercro'ing an old thread because I NEED this. If my MC has 1/2 stamped on it (12.7mm?), whats the closest bore equivalent that I should be looking for? Trying to find one on the eBay right now.

EDIT: oh it’s a stock 2014 sporty single disc caliper with two pistons, not sure if that helps.
      Last edited by Dane; 12-07-2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• TheHumbleWelder
        • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Dane
        nercro'ing an old thread because I NEED this. If my MC has 1/2 stamped on it (12.7mm?), whats the closest bore equivalent that I should be looking for? Trying to find one on the eBay right now.

EDIT: oh it’s a stock 2014 sporty single disc caliper with two pistons, not sure if that helps.
        That depends on the feel you want. If you want the stock feel go for somthing of the same size.
        A larger bore will make the brake feel more stiff, and a smaller with be softer. A smaller bore in theory will transfer more force to the caliper at the cost of lever travel *see hydraulic ratios*
        I've got the ninja MC on my Sportster S front end and its a littler softer than stock but itll stop on a dime. i forget the MC size tho haha.

Heres a link to MC ratios http://www.vintagebrake.com/mastercylinder.htm

Comment

• Dane
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by TheHumbleWelder
          That depends on the feel you want. If you want the stock feel go for somthing of the same size.
          A larger bore will make the brake feel more stiff, and a smaller with be softer. A smaller bore in theory will transfer more force to the caliper at the cost of lever travel *see hydraulic ratios*
          I've got the ninja MC on my Sportster S front end and its a littler softer than stock but itll stop on a dime. i forget the MC size tho haha.

Heres a link to MC ratios http://www.vintagebrake.com/mastercylinder.htm
          Thanks! Yeah same feel or softer would be fine. I don’t need to be locking up that front brake ever. I noticed there’s different types, one with the big cylinder coming out to the banjo bolt along the bar, and the other where it’s more hidden within the lever. I’m guessing the larger looking ones are larger bore?

Some random pics to show the difference I’m talking about -
          Click image for larger version

Name:	FB9CDD6A-1E1B-4D90-94EA-3E64823EB707.jpg
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1299468Click image for larger version

Name:	2E9ED809-90DE-4485-AB2B-7DBC40044F20.jpeg
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	1299469

Comment

• TheHumbleWelder
            • Apr 2017

Thanks! Yeah same feel or softer would be fine. I don’t need to be locking up that front brake ever. I noticed there’s different types, one with the big cylinder coming out to the banjo bolt along the bar, and the other where it’s more hidden within the lever. I’m guessing the larger looking ones are larger bore?

Some random pics to show the difference I’m talking about -
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]80242[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]80243[/ATTACH]
            The trouble with finding a sportbike MC is finding one that has a small enough bore for a single disc harley. theyre all pretty huge to accommodate 4-8 piston calipers.
            They SHOULD have the bore size stamped or cast into the underside of the MC, but not always.
            Lemme have a looksee on ebay

Edit- Found this one ebay, not sure how you feel about no name MCs https://www.ebay.com/itm/Master-Cyli...5TnIU4&vxp=mtr
            Last edited by TheHumbleWelder; 12-07-2017, 5:58 PM.

Comment

• Dane
              • Aug 2015

Yeah, most Ive found don't have pics of the stamp, I've asked sellers and they've been like 17+ mm. Im figuring since 1/2 is 12.7mm that I probably wont want over 14mm (which I've also found, just they look pretty haggard from crashes etc, broken nipples and so on) but thats just a random guess on the 14...

I really like how that second one I pictured doesn't have the long banjo mount cylinder off the end, and that the reservoir link comes out of the side before it goes up, I feel like it will look even smaller on the bars.

I don't care about the brand, I just want a good functioning brake that look small, haha.

Comment

• TheHumbleWelder
                • Apr 2017

Yeah, most Ive found don't have pics of the stamp, I've asked sellers and they've been like 17+ mm. Im figuring since 1/2 is 12.7mm that I probably wont want over 14mm (which I've also found, just they look pretty haggard from crashes etc, broken nipples and so on) but thats just a random guess on the 14...

I really like how that second one I pictured doesn't have the long banjo mount cylinder off the end, and that the reservoir link comes out of the side before it goes up, I feel like it will look even smaller on the bars.

I don't care about the brand, I just want a good functioning brake that look small, haha.
                I hear ya man! The inline style ones are bitchin! I know the ninja ones like this- https://www.ebay.com/itm/K-06-11-KAW...hZ-i5E&vxp=mtr are actually nissin branded Brembos

Comment

• Dane
                  • Aug 2015

I was looking at that one, would be perfect. But I don't see a bore size on it anywhere and he hasn't responded to my request

Comment

• TheHumbleWelder
                    • Apr 2017

I was looking at that one, would be perfect. But I don't see a bore size on it anywhere and he hasn't responded to my request
                    Found the same MC on google images and the bottom says 11/16. seems about right to me.

Comment

• Dane
                      • Aug 2015

Damn thats 17mm. You think some of these 14mm would be fine for the 1/2" (12.7/13mm)?

Comment

• TheHumbleWelder
                        • Apr 2017

Damn thats 17mm. You think some of these 14mm would be fine for the 1/2" (12.7/13mm)?
                        Yeah i think the 14mm ones would work good, maybe a little more stiff but still manageable.

Comment

• Dane
                          • Aug 2015

Snagged a 14mm for $20. Just has the plastic reservoir stem snapped off. Hopefully the rest of it is fine, just looks like minor road rash, took a little gamble. Trying to find one of those straight stems like someone posted on the last page.

Comment

• kane
                            • Nov 2011

Well, I've rear and re-read this thread about 3 times. I understand the basic concept, but can't view any of the photos without paying like 50 bucks to photobucket. That aint gonna happen, so I guess I'm gonna have to wait till I see what yall talking about when I see one in person. Anyone have an 02 sporty with this set-up anywhere near South Louisiana???

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by kane
                              Well, I've rear and re-read this thread about 3 times. I understand the basic concept, but can't view any of the photos without paying like 50 bucks to photobucket. That aint gonna happen, so I guess I'm gonna have to wait till I see what yall talking about when I see one in person. Anyone have an 02 sporty with this set-up anywhere near South Louisiana???
                              Did you try this to view pics:
                              Thread: PhotoBucket fix.

If, like myself, you have your enjoyment of older threads being made virtually useles coz of Photobuckets denial of access to the pictures, try this fix : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/photobucket The first one worked like a charm for me. :cool: I'll get fuck all done at work now though...... haha :rolleyes:
                              If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• kane
                                • Nov 2011

I finally managed to see all the pics. NOW I'm having trouble finding a "nissin" front master cylinder for under 75 bucks. Where did yall all find those 20 dollar set-ups? I'll be honest, I'm still a little confused on which exact master cylinder I'm looking for in reguards to "bore" size and thread size. I have an 02 sporty and absolutely hate all the bulk on the bars. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;