Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edward
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ARBY
    OK. I'm almost ready to give this a try. But what are yooz guys doing for brake lines and clutch cables??? I doubt the japper controls are gonna hook up with Harley components.
    i like the goodridge ebony stainless lines. look like old hoses but you get modern performance.

they use AN-3 fittings. great for when you need address crazy angles. the have the straights too:
    Photobucket
    Last edited by edward; 03-30-2012, 5:39 AM.

Comment

• ARBY
      • Apr 2024

That's what I'm looking for. Thanks much.

Comment

• TimB1640
        • Nov 2009

ok i see what you have done but my questionto you now is, you said you used the internet to find out what master cylinder size would work for you. ok but now can you tell us where or explain how we find out that info ? thank you

Comment

• TimB1640
          • Nov 2009

where do you find the little caps?

Comment

• crass
            • Apr 2024

the original poster is using a stainless steel allen bolt w/head shaved down
            I'm sure a plain old SS allen bolt will work, get it at any fastener shop..
            just make sure to bring your tube with you to make sure it's fatter than the tube

however, I'm largely confused as to the majick behind chosing the proper size master cylinder so that the breaks actually work.

Comment

• Coldies
              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by crass
              however, I'm largely confused as to the majick behind chosing the proper size master cylinder so that the breaks actually work.
              Same here. Along with that stupid brake light pressure button. I would imagine when you change out the brake lever it will not fit in that slot were the button is that activates the brake light when depressed.

Im probably over anylizing this. Once I find the matching MC for my 04 sporty im just gonna buy it and figure it out from there.

Comment

• wargasm
                • Sep 2009

Forget the front brake switch. As long as the switch for the back works, who cares. I never touch my front brake unless I am on the back already anyway.

And if anyone cares to know, the knockoffs from this guy will not work for what we need. http://stores.ebay.com/woodymoto

Comment

• Coldies
                  • Jun 2010

[QUOTE=wargasm;93280]Forget the front brake switch. As long as the switch for the back works, who cares. I never touch my front brake unless I am on the back already anyway. QUOTE]

Brake lights (on my 04 sporty at least) will not work unless that front switch is connected.

Comment

• ssjones
                    • Sep 2010

I saw this setup at the Ephrata PA Bike breakfast a few weeks ago, on an old Panhead chop.

I chickened out on my Triumph. I bought an aftermarket XS650 front brake MC from "Mike' XS" and ran ebony Goodridge lines/fittings (bought the line too damn long...)

Comment

• ARBY
                      • Apr 2024

I did it and it works!

Thanks for the inspiration and the help.

Comment

• edward
                        • Aug 2009

good job

Comment

• WrenchTV
                          • Apr 2024

what's the make on that headlamp? looks like a euro style fog lamp, just looking for the manufac.

Comment

• edward
                            • Aug 2009

pretty sure it's made by Hella. probably a spot light.

Comment

• WrenchTV
                              • Apr 2024

thanks ed!

Comment

• stevanjohnson
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by wargasm
                                Forget the front brake switch. As long as the switch for the back works, who cares. I never touch my front brake unless I am on the back already anyway.

And if anyone cares to know, the knockoffs from this guy will not work for what we need. http://stores.ebay.com/woodymoto
                                any idea what WILL work? im interested in doing this real soon but want to figure out what master cylinder sety up ill need for my stock sporty single disc up front...im sure some sort of slimmed down street bike stocker one will work, but anyone have any luck yet finding a specific model?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;