CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 12 First 1234 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by crass View Post
    however, I'm largely confused as to the majick behind chosing the proper size master cylinder so that the breaks actually work.
    Same here. Along with that stupid brake light pressure button. I would imagine when you change out the brake lever it will not fit in that slot were the button is that activates the brake light when depressed.

Im probably over anylizing this. Once I find the matching MC for my 04 sporty im just gonna buy it and figure it out from there.

Get Adobe Flash player

Forget the front brake switch. As long as the switch for the back works, who cares. I never touch my front brake unless I am on the back already anyway.

And if anyone cares to know, the knockoffs from this guy will not work for what we need. http://stores.ebay.com/woodymoto

Get Adobe Flash player

[QUOTE=wargasm;93280]Forget the front brake switch. As long as the switch for the back works, who cares. I never touch my front brake unless I am on the back already anyway. QUOTE]

Brake lights (on my 04 sporty at least) will not work unless that front switch is connected.

Get Adobe Flash player

I saw this setup at the Ephrata PA Bike breakfast a few weeks ago, on an old Panhead chop.

I chickened out on my Triumph. I bought an aftermarket XS650 front brake MC from "Mike' XS" and ran ebony Goodridge lines/fittings (bought the line too damn long...)

ARBY

Default I did it and it works!

Thanks for the inspiration and the help.

Get Adobe Flash player

good job

WrenchTV

what's the make on that headlamp? looks like a euro style fog lamp, just looking for the manufac.

Get Adobe Flash player

pretty sure it's made by Hella. probably a spot light.

WrenchTV

thanks ed!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by wargasm View Post
    Forget the front brake switch. As long as the switch for the back works, who cares. I never touch my front brake unless I am on the back already anyway.

And if anyone cares to know, the knockoffs from this guy will not work for what we need. http://stores.ebay.com/woodymoto
    any idea what WILL work? im interested in doing this real soon but want to figure out what master cylinder sety up ill need for my stock sporty single disc up front...im sure some sort of slimmed down street bike stocker one will work, but anyone have any luck yet finding a specific model?

Get Adobe Flash player

Any of the modern sportbike radial style will work......and..................................... .they usually come with an electric brake switch that is easy to wire to the lamp!! I use one off a zx14 (only because it was the cheapest one on ebay) and the stopping force is crazy! set up is a sportster single front caliper on a XS650.

Get Adobe Flash player

i'm confused about this!.... are you just using the stock master cylinder or do you have to buy a replacment? not sure if it was covered and i missed it but if some one could clearify that would be awesome thanks guys cause i really want to take care of some of the bulk on my bars

ARBY

Quote Originally Posted by fxrjocky View Post
    i'm confused about this!.... are you just using the stock master cylinder or do you have to buy a replacment? not sure if it was covered and i missed it but if some one could clearify that would be awesome thanks guys cause i really want to take care of some of the bulk on my bars
    I got mine off a sport bike. It's a Nisin, off a GSXR, I think.

Last edited by ARBY; 12-13-2010 at 8:44 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by fxrjocky View Post
    You pull the stock master cylinder and replace it with a piece of plastic tubing. Instructions are earlier in the thread.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ssjones View Post
    You pull the stock master cylinder and replace it with a piece of plastic tubing. Instructions are earlier in the thread.
    I get it! like i said i wasnt sure if i missed it or not i read the whole tread from beginning to end to try and make sence of it. but i wish it was that easy just pulling it off! lol antone know what will work for a 90 lowrider? or where to find it ?

Get Adobe Flash player

All this tech is about is changing the reservoir. If you already have a hydraulic front brake, and are happy with your current brake handle/control, all you are gonna mess with is the reservoir, nothing else.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ssjones View Post
    No no no no... That would be a way bad idea, lol...

Just the reservoir.

Get Adobe Flash player

i like this gonna give it a try

Get Adobe Flash player

Nicely done, but I think a harder plastic would look a little better as oppossed to seeing it vibrate in front of you, blasting done the road.

Get Adobe Flash player

ok so if I wanted to really change out my front brake system then i would need the matching disc brake for the caliper....then the matching master cylinder? because a lot of the sport bikes have dual front brakes i am seeing a lot of "sets" on ebay with those dual brakes.....how are you guys putting together these set ups? i love the idea of having that small master cylinder...

Share This