X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Junkshow
    • Aug 2009

My Version, turned a collar on the lathe to seat the bottom nice and tight

Brake Rez photo 2013-06-20195552_zps430b9435.jpg
    Last edited by Junkshow; 07-10-2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• ARBY
      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Junkshow

Sweet! How much to have you make another one???

Comment

• hillakilla
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Junkshow

i agree it is neat, but i am just wondering, if you have the skills and resources to make this, are you able to just make a smaller reservoir and get rid of the hose? i think that would look neater, and would be interested in that.

as is, with the hose like people are doing, i guess it's a cool way to personalize your bike, and if you like it go for it, but personally i think a prefer the stock hd levers shaved down a bit.

Comment

• vnygra
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by hillakilla
          i agree it is neat, but i am just wondering, if you have the skills and resources to make this, are you able to just make a smaller reservoir and get rid of the hose? i think that would look neater, and would be interested in that.

as is, with the hose like people are doing, i guess it's a cool way to personalize your bike, and if you like it go for it, but personally i think a prefer the stock hd levers shaved down a bit.
          A make em and use beer bottle tops. Fit all nissin master cylinders.

Last edited by vnygra; 10-04-2013, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Junkshow
            • Aug 2009

Arby,
            I spun it on a buddy's lathe, i should be able to do another similar one. I'm heading his way on Saturday. i will PM you some pics and see what you think.

As for a full reservoir, I'm no machinist and the bottom of these are pretty tight tolerances. I am thinking of a threaded option, but for now, this is what I'm running, besides, i do actually like the tube so that was what I went with, I have seen some other options, but this one works good and is easy to adjust on the fly without any tools,

Comment

• ARBY
              • Apr 2024

You da man. I will tell my grand children about you.

Comment

• vnygra
                • Aug 2010

Made up a mini one today. It will fit nissin front and rear masters. Direct swap from the plastic doohickey. Put one in the classifieds and can make more if there's any interest

Comment

• kgb
                  • Oct 2010

Hello, i'm french and i read this post , i love it.

I want to do the same thing on my 400 xs chopper , i bought a master cylinder brake , it's a nissin coming from a 750 gxsr 1996 .

I wait i don't have the part for the moment but it's very difficult to have a good translation in french is there someone how make this for nissin.

I try to understand what i must do to make a tiny brake , nobody speak french?.

Here is my bike.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

• mcclane
                    • Jan 2013

Hey guys, got a little question...
                    How can ya all run these Nissin mc of jap bikes on a Harley bar? Its 1" and the nissins are for 22mm, or am i wrong?

Comment

• RetroRob
                      • Oct 2011

Gotta open up the clamp. There's a thread on hear somewhere showing it.

Comment

• EVILBLACKSABRE
                        • Dec 2013

Is it just me, or in some of those pics does it look like the handlebars have a little erection? Little tube sticking straight up with a slightly larger "head"?

No, I'm not 14 years old . And no offense intended regarding the idea or those who use it (I like the ingenuity).

I was thinking about doing something similar for my rear brake, but I wouldn't do it for my front.

Seeing that tube sticking straight up from the bars, I can't help but think BOING!
                        Last edited by EVILBLACKSABRE; 01-14-2014, 4:27 PM.

Comment

• vnygra
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by EVILBLACKSABRE
                          Is it just me, or in some of those pics does it look like the handlebars have a little erection? Little tube sticking straight up with a slightly larger "head"?

No, I'm not 14 years old . And no offense intended regarding the idea or those who use it (I like the ingenuity).

I was thinking about doing something similar for my rear brake, but I wouldn't do it for my front.

Seeing that tube sticking straight up from the bars, I can't help but think BOING!
                          Then run the long tube with large plastic cup, or the huge "block" reservoir..

Comment

• kgb
                            • Oct 2010

I have just one question is ther any problem to make this system when you have a single disc like me for my 400 xs , because the master brake nissin is for two disc , is there a problem when you use the front brake ? Thanks for your answer.

Comment

• ARBY
                              • Apr 2024

Originally posted by kgb
                              I have just one question is ther any problem to make this system when you have a single disc like me for my 400 xs , because the master brake nissin is for two disc , is there a problem when you use the front brake ? Thanks for your answer.
                              Nope, no problem. As long as the bore of the mc is compatible with your caliper. For example, a 5/8 bore mc that worked with two calipers will work just fine with only one of them.
                              Last edited by Guest; 02-06-2014, 6:14 PM.

Comment

• Braaap
                                • May 2013

Originally posted by EVILBLACKSABRE

i fabbed a bracket and linkage emulating Fab Kevin's for the underside of the triple-tree on my sporty, then ran a cable brake on the bars and thats it. used a crotchrocket rear MC and an old shovelhead lever.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;