CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last
  1. #201
    Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    35

    Default

    jjj123 I picked up a couple a while back and I'm going a different direction now. PM me your email or phone number and I can get you some pictures.

  2. #202
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    318

    Default





    Just finished mine! Turned down a SS socket head bolt in my poor man's hand-drill lathe for the cap. MC is from a 2004 Kawaski Ninja ZX6R, which is the correct size for my stock XL1200R dual disk setup. Got it off eBay for $25, reamed it out to an inch, painted it, slapped on a new china lever for about $10.

    TIP: Using a hot piece of round bar I enlarged the dust cap so I could fit the reservoir/tube through it. Looks much better than leaving it off.

    SECOND TIP: If you want to use the stock brake lines, which have a 12mm banjo bolt, you can get these awesome banjo bolt reducers from joker machine. The worked great. I didn't feel too good about how few threads went into the MC with them (or maybe the 12mm banjo fitting is thicker), but it's only temporary until I upgrade my brake lines.

    Looks great, stops on a fucking dime. Full success.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 2.00.02 PM.jpg   Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 2.00.11 PM.jpg  

  3. #203

    Default

    For anyone looking for a 5/8 nissin master, these are the oem matches I've found.
    1998-2004 KAWASAKI ZX6R ZX6RR
    2004-2005 KAWASAKI ZX10RR
    2000-2005 ZX12R
    1996-2003 SUZUKI GSX-R 600 750
    2001-2004 SUZUKI GSX-R 1000
    1999-2004 YAMAHA R6 /R6S
    2005-2009 YAMAHA R6S
    2001-2005 YAMAHA FZ1

  4. #204
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boombostick View Post
    For anyone looking for a 5/8 nissin master, these are the oem matches I've found.
    1998-2004 KAWASAKI ZX6R ZX6RR
    2004-2005 KAWASAKI ZX10RR
    2000-2005 ZX12R
    1996-2003 SUZUKI GSX-R 600 750
    2001-2004 SUZUKI GSX-R 1000
    1999-2004 YAMAHA R6 /R6S
    2005-2009 YAMAHA R6S
    2001-2005 YAMAHA FZ1
    Look at the pics of what you're buying on eBay. Every MC is going to have the size stamped on it, which should be easy to see. often it will be in metric (in my case, 14). Compare that to your stock/current MC, which will also be stamped...

  5. #205

    Default

    What size tubing are you guys using? ID & OD

  6. #206
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OakBehringer View Post
    Look at the pics of what you're buying on eBay. Every MC is going to have the size stamped on it, which should be easy to see. often it will be in metric (in my case, 14). Compare that to your stock/current MC, which will also be stamped...
    Also, if you look closely at the MCs, the larger ones have a gap between the reservoir mount and the clamp (see OakBeringers pic above). The smaller MCs, the mount is mated to the clamp (see below). The smaller MCs are usually from bikes (GSXR 600s, etc) with dual 4 pot calipers and are better for single caliper set ups. The bigger MCs are from bikes with dual 6 pot calipers.

    Last edited by Motocrash; 10-31-2016 at 3:21 PM.

  7. #207
    Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Resurrecting a dead thread here, but I just recently did this mod and am having issues. My front brake is locking up out of nowhere which is obviously sketchy. I bled the whole system when installing and am running DOT 5. Stock Harley single disc caliper. Any ideas why?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4363.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	76330Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4364.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	76333
    Last edited by IErictheRedI; 04-18-2017 at 12:42 PM.

  8. #208
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,881

    Default

    Not blocking the return hole are ya? Good practice is to enlarge that passage anyway...
    Does your little reservoir have any way to breathe? Have to allow for heat expansion of the fluid...
    If it's just "grabby" when you pull the lever, might be too big a master for the caliper(s).
    Then again it may be in the caliper (pucks, pads, pins, springs, shims), disc or wheel...

  9. #209
    Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    Not blocking the return hole are ya? Good practice is to enlarge that passage anyway...
    Does your little reservoir have any way to breathe? Have to allow for heat expansion of the fluid...
    If it's just "grabby" when you pull the lever, might be too big a master for the caliper(s).
    Then again it may be in the caliper (pucks, pads, pins, springs, shims), disc or wheel...
    I thought that maybe it wasn't venting properly and took it out with the cap lightly threaded into the reservoir. It still started locking up. I don't remember the size bore of the MC because I shaved off all the castings, but I'm fairly certain it was close enough to the bore of the caliper, otherwise I wouldn't have attempted it. It has to be something to do with the MC only because I wasn't having this issue at all before I made the switch. When I say it locks up, I mean it LOCKS UP...there will be no play in the blade at all to squeeze. I had to unthread the cap a lot and squeeze it over and over (brake fluid was coming out as I was doing this) in order for it to release.

  10. #210
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,881

    Default

    Banjo bolt too long?
    Lever and piston not adjusted properly?
    Burr in da bore?
    Shit in da line?

  11. #211

    Default

    This really helpful, if like me you butchered your plastic elbow and don't feel it is a good connection, Nissin do make a vertical resevoir connection, 8mm tube/15mm base that fits in as long as the MC you used has a pinch clip to hold the connector in.
    Part number is MCB-K38.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37191c8d3a0f8bc0d49f0c143bae1705.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	77854

    I found it for sale at this store:

    https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/acces...nectormcbk38-2



    I *think* Gale speed in the US sell the same thing but it would be worth checking with them:

    https://japan.webike.net/products/23337639.html

    Edit: Oh and if you miss having a standard mirror, Nissin also make sell these seperately:

    https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/acces...ndern1466202-1

    Which gives you a 10mm thread for a mirror on your nissin master cylinder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 37191c8d3a0f8bc0d49f0c143bae1705.jpg  
    Last edited by MajorStedeBonnet; 07-17-2017 at 7:12 AM. Reason: additional info

  12. #212
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    171

    Default

    nercro'ing an old thread because I NEED this. If my MC has 1/2 stamped on it (12.7mm?), whats the closest bore equivalent that I should be looking for? Trying to find one on the eBay right now.

    EDIT: oh it’s a stock 2014 sporty single disc caliper with two pistons, not sure if that helps.
    Last edited by Dane; 12-07-2017 at 12:37 PM.

  13. #213
    Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    nercro'ing an old thread because I NEED this. If my MC has 1/2 stamped on it (12.7mm?), whats the closest bore equivalent that I should be looking for? Trying to find one on the eBay right now.

    EDIT: oh it’s a stock 2014 sporty single disc caliper with two pistons, not sure if that helps.
    That depends on the feel you want. If you want the stock feel go for somthing of the same size.
    A larger bore will make the brake feel more stiff, and a smaller with be softer. A smaller bore in theory will transfer more force to the caliper at the cost of lever travel *see hydraulic ratios*
    I've got the ninja MC on my Sportster S front end and its a littler softer than stock but itll stop on a dime. i forget the MC size tho haha.

    Heres a link to MC ratios http://www.vintagebrake.com/mastercylinder.htm

  14. #214
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumbleWelder View Post
    That depends on the feel you want. If you want the stock feel go for somthing of the same size.
    A larger bore will make the brake feel more stiff, and a smaller with be softer. A smaller bore in theory will transfer more force to the caliper at the cost of lever travel *see hydraulic ratios*
    I've got the ninja MC on my Sportster S front end and its a littler softer than stock but itll stop on a dime. i forget the MC size tho haha.

    Heres a link to MC ratios http://www.vintagebrake.com/mastercylinder.htm
    Thanks! Yeah same feel or softer would be fine. I don’t need to be locking up that front brake ever. I noticed there’s different types, one with the big cylinder coming out to the banjo bolt along the bar, and the other where it’s more hidden within the lever. I’m guessing the larger looking ones are larger bore?

    Some random pics to show the difference I’m talking about -
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB9CDD6A-1E1B-4D90-94EA-3E64823EB707.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	80242Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2E9ED809-90DE-4485-AB2B-7DBC40044F20.jpeg 
Views:	0 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	80243

  15. #215
    Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Thanks! Yeah same feel or softer would be fine. I don’t need to be locking up that front brake ever. I noticed there’s different types, one with the big cylinder coming out to the banjo bolt along the bar, and the other where it’s more hidden within the lever. I’m guessing the larger looking ones are larger bore?

    Some random pics to show the difference I’m talking about -
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB9CDD6A-1E1B-4D90-94EA-3E64823EB707.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	80242Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2E9ED809-90DE-4485-AB2B-7DBC40044F20.jpeg 
Views:	0 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	80243
    The trouble with finding a sportbike MC is finding one that has a small enough bore for a single disc harley. theyre all pretty huge to accommodate 4-8 piston calipers.
    They SHOULD have the bore size stamped or cast into the underside of the MC, but not always.
    Lemme have a looksee on ebay

    Edit- Found this one ebay, not sure how you feel about no name MCs https://www.ebay.com/itm/Master-Cyli...5TnIU4&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by TheHumbleWelder; 12-07-2017 at 6:58 PM.

  16. #216
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Yeah, most Ive found don't have pics of the stamp, I've asked sellers and they've been like 17+ mm. Im figuring since 1/2 is 12.7mm that I probably wont want over 14mm (which I've also found, just they look pretty haggard from crashes etc, broken nipples and so on) but thats just a random guess on the 14...

    I really like how that second one I pictured doesn't have the long banjo mount cylinder off the end, and that the reservoir link comes out of the side before it goes up, I feel like it will look even smaller on the bars.

    I don't care about the brand, I just want a good functioning brake that look small, haha.

  17. #217
    Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Yeah, most Ive found don't have pics of the stamp, I've asked sellers and they've been like 17+ mm. Im figuring since 1/2 is 12.7mm that I probably wont want over 14mm (which I've also found, just they look pretty haggard from crashes etc, broken nipples and so on) but thats just a random guess on the 14...

    I really like how that second one I pictured doesn't have the long banjo mount cylinder off the end, and that the reservoir link comes out of the side before it goes up, I feel like it will look even smaller on the bars.

    I don't care about the brand, I just want a good functioning brake that look small, haha.
    I hear ya man! The inline style ones are bitchin! I know the ninja ones like this- https://www.ebay.com/itm/K-06-11-KAW...hZ-i5E&vxp=mtr are actually nissin branded Brembos

  18. #218
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    171

    Default

    I was looking at that one, would be perfect. But I don't see a bore size on it anywhere and he hasn't responded to my request

  19. #219
    Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    I was looking at that one, would be perfect. But I don't see a bore size on it anywhere and he hasn't responded to my request
    Found the same MC on google images and the bottom says 11/16. seems about right to me.

  20. #220
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Damn thats 17mm. You think some of these 14mm would be fine for the 1/2" (12.7/13mm)?

Share This



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in