X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sackman
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by CriminalKZ
    No Kz550 jets =(
    The site might not specify kawa,honda suzi specifcally but, I believe you can go by the type of carb you have and pick the jets from there.

Comment

• WOMPY
      • Aug 2009

Are they Teikei 26mm CV ???

Comment

• CriminalKZ
        • Jul 2010

They are the TK-22 mechanical slide only carbs. I can't remember what size.

Comment

• CriminalKZ
          • Jul 2010

Just got my seat pan in today! Ordered off of fleabay for $14.99 plus $5 shipping. Got the extra foam and leather off of an old seat. Gotta get some glue and I'm gonna ask the boat restoration guy in the warehouse next to me if he can stitch it up for me with his machine. Still need a hinge and springs for when I hardtail the bike, but that can wait for now.
          Attached Files

Comment

• WOMPY
            • Aug 2009

Try hitting up some dudes on KZrider.com forum not to get you out of here but those guys really help me through more technical carb related questions,and I know there has to be dude who knows your carbs inside and out.

Comment

• CriminalKZ
              • Jul 2010

I haven't had a chance to check everything thoroughly yet. After I do and if I'm still stuck I'll definitely do that. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• CriminalKZ
                • Jul 2010

I cut some foam and wrapped the big hunk of leather I had around the seat pan just to see what it would look like on the bike. I need to do some cutting soon. I was supposed to get those Rebel 250 shocks this week but they never came. Hopefully just a mix up at the post office. I also need to get some new bars and get rid of all that junk that clutters them up. I hate the tank, the headlight, the rear shocks, the frame, the cluttered look of all the wiring behind the side covers, and many other things. Ive got a lot to do and can only do a little bit at a time.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by CriminalKZ; 08-11-2011, 2:27 PM.

Comment

• CriminalKZ
                  • Jul 2010

Finally got some tracking info on my Rebel shocks. Should be here Monday. Still got some Carb issues to figure out.

Comment

• CriminalKZ
                    • Jul 2010

Got my bike tagged yesterday finally so I put the turn signals and tail light/tag mount back on so I can ride this weekend. Got my shocks mounted up today as well. I still have a lot more to do to get this bike where I'll be happy with it but the drop the shocks gave me makes it more comfortable to sit on. The clearance between the seat and the tire is pretty close so i'll do some trial runs before I jump out on the turnpike with it. Here's some pics:
                    Attached Files

Comment

• CriminalKZ
                      • Jul 2010

Been enjoying riding but I'm ready to make this thing look better. I'm gonna keep the rear suspension for now. I need a new tank, bars, relocate all electronics, new taillight/tag bracket (axle mounted), and custom seat. Its gonna be a brat for now until I can afford to hardtail it. Here is how she sits right now.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• OldSchoolBully
                        • Aug 2011

You gonna use that solo seat now? I removed the subframe completely and used 11" shocks which, with my fat ass on 'em, are soft enough to drop another inch putting the wheel almost over the bars left from the subframe. Personal choice, I wanted that arse as low as possible, and have no intention of hardtailing.

Comment

• CriminalKZ
                          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by OldSchoolBully
                          You gonna use that solo seat now? I removed the subframe completely and used 11" shocks which, with my fat ass on 'em, are soft enough to drop another inch putting the wheel almost over the bars left from the subframe. Personal choice, I wanted that arse as low as possible, and have no intention of hardtailing.
                          Well, I seen this XS in The Horse that Garage Co. did for some dude. The article was called "Swingarm Style". The way they did the seat was awesome. I lost the mag and can't find a pic of it on the internet anywhere. The cut the rear section off and welded the curved back part closer to the shock mounts and put a seat that covered all the way up to the tank. Since I'm keeping the suspension for now, I'm thinking of doing it like that.

Comment

• TJBC
                            • Aug 2009

hey duder, Im working on a 1980 KZ 550 right now too and im having the same issue, bike only runs with the choke, i already made a custom thumb screw for the throttle stop so i can adjust it when the choke is on for different weather conditions. But i wanted to let ya know keihin jets fit the TK22's, but you will have to do a bit of experimenting to find what sizes run well for your bike, im on my 3rd round of rejetting, but getting closer. (barf)

ill try and get some pica up of this lame ass bitch of a bike, and when you see it, no i did not build it... it has many things wrong with it but its for a customer.

your shits lookin good man, keep it up!

Comment

• TJBC
                              • Aug 2009

PS, thought you might wanna see this homey- http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_car...K_22_carb.html

=)

DO FUN SHIT!

Comment

• CriminalKZ
                                • Jul 2010

Thanks for the kind words and the info. I've already worked out the carb issues. I ordered Keihin main jets last year. I've put about 5,000 miles on it with no issues. It runs a lil rich but when I cut the baffles out, hopefully it will lean it out a bit.

Have you cleaned the carbs out completely?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;