CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Punkskalar View Post
    If you have a 256 Donor engine (74 and down) in good shape, then take a look here: http://hughshandbuilt.blogspot.com/p...-services.html

I don't want to distract from this thread, I think there is some cool information being shared here for the budget minded builder
    hugh, with all due respect i just wanted to throw it out there that my 74 is a 447. i think that some 74's are 256 and some are 447, not for certain. just dont want confusion on the subject.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by cros36 View Post
    hugh, with all due respect i just wanted to throw it out there that my 74 is a 447. i think that some 74's are 256 and some are 447, not for certain. just dont want confusion on the subject.
    yeah, there are a few oddball mismatches mid year in 74.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'd just like to apologize coming off like an ass earlier lol.

I was in a bad mood and I think the heat is getting to me. So again I'm sorry for the dick move back on the other reply.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Punkskalar View Post
    IF you keep the stock bore, you can delete the base gasket and use a thinner copper head gasket for a full point or so in compression bump Go ahead and keep that 72 camshaft as well, its my preferred camshaft for building engines with. IF you delete the base gasket and install a thinner head gasket, you'll have to redegree the cam by pressing the gear off and getting it to open at the right timing again. Not too hard, but a little time consuming.
    does this go for any xs650 motor? having a tough time figuring it out in my brain, but having a problem doing that...i guess you're gaining more length in the cam chain which would make the cam be running behind where it should be? all year cams press off? would like to make a little more compression out of a (mostly) stock motor.

Share This