Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chopped850
    • Apr 2024

1976 Suzuki T500 Titan

Here is the T500 Titan I just finished rebuilding. She starts first kick and rides like a dream. It's still on the stock bores and everything is there. I'm pre-mixing the fuel in the tank as I don't trust the 33 year old oiling system.

• junkyard2
    • Sep 2009

very nice...so what are your plans for it?

Comment

• dannyb
      • Aug 2009

Very nice, my buddy has one of these waiting to be redone. Question about premixing, i read that on some of these old suzuki's that the oil injection was required to keep some bearings (i think) in good shape. Do you know anything about this? Reason is, i think for simply racing the bike around town, premixing would be a much better way to go for the same reasons you mentioned above.

Comment

• philbey
        • Aug 2009

There was one of these go for sale recently in Aus but decked out as a cafe racer. Cool looking machine, check out the dudes description in the ebay listing!

Talk about negative sell. I wanted to buy it! Tough looking bike though, loking forward to see what you do with yours.

Comment

• Halwade
          • Apr 2024

I love these things. You sir have done a good thing. Don't chop or bob a thing... it's perfect.

a fire-breathing RD400 eater!

Comment

• AfterHours
            • Jul 2009

"very nice...so what are your plans for it? "

The thread starts off with - "Here is the T500 Titan I just finished rebuilding" , I'm guessing it's been done.

I'm with McGoo - leave it alone. it's too the point a nice, well (re)built stock bike is refreshing.

Comment

• sumo
              • Jul 2009

i did edr2 on one of them - in all its piratey purple rain painted goodness [you cant see all the rainbow flake in the black areas]. was a cool bike... wish id just stuck with that and not thought about getting a different bike...

Comment

• gofastmoto
                • Sep 2009

killer bike. when i raced vintage ALOT of guys used those front brakes. stupid stopping power.

Comment

• chopped850
                  • Apr 2024

Thanks for the responses. It's going to stay just like it is and it is for sale. Everything has a price and it's what I like to do is get bikes that are not running and bring them back to life. TemeculaTerry wants this bike and I can make him a great deal!!!! Come on Terry you know it's faster than the BMW! LOL I'm pre-mixing the gas in the tank as I never trust the oil injection system. I do have the lines for it and the stock air box. The motor is just like the banshee motor spliting top and bottom making it easy to rebuild and work on. I'm thinking she's worth about $2,500 or so. Some collector will want it in his stash.

Comment

• TemeculaTerry
                    • Jul 2009

Looks good bro - keep me out of this - hahaha

Comment

• chopped850
                      • Apr 2024

I'm always down for a trade of equal value in a basket case of course. It' what I enjoy doing is bringing bikes back to life. I don't do it to get rich as I don't want the bullshit involved with owning a business. I do it as a hobby. So if someone has a basket case and has no clue what to do with it let me know. If it's an sad shape the basket and some green backs are always good let me know.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;