Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • turbonate
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by cntrhub

When I say "DO NOT RESUSCITATE" on my leathers... You are going to have to win it real bad from me is take you out is watch the fuck out you come get some, hear!
    this proves exactly jack shit, i want to see where you are undefeated in iom tt as you have claimed on other threads here.

Comment

• turbonate
      • Sep 2010

I said I never went but was in practice for it. One more time... Are you throwing more air into the chamber as you port and cut the valve circle closer to the chamber kind of moves yes or no?
      so if i go out in my backyard and practice jumping off of a milk crate does that make me a skydiver?

fucking wannabe.

Comment

• cntrhub
        • Mar 2024

I think I need to restate a statement. I never said your bike. I was talking about how sad off the bike in the photo was. It WAS a mess. It now is going to be one sweet runner I hope. So, that post was my build I was talking about, not yours. How could I know what kind of condition yours was in but make a fool of myself and assume.

What I did was talk about the condition of this bike, not yours, guy. You have to remember something... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUh2rw9o2JY

I do not come here to fuck around. I can backup any shit you want I say. I say this. One more time... With all the porting, polishing, wall sticking kind of finish, we are sending more are into the cylinder chamber for more HP... Say yes or no because this is about as black and white as I have been posting you see I cannot get even a simple yes or no.... Which is it?

Comment

• cntrhub
          • Mar 2024

Originally posted by turbonate
          so if i go out in my backyard and practice jumping off of a milk crate does that make me a skydiver?

fucking wannabe.
          Don't make me have a group of guys dance on the ground and plan how they fall out of that plane and now it's air time. If jumping off a crate makes one a better jumper, I'm not going to stand in the way of that idea. That was your crate idea not mine.

Comment

• turbonate
            • Sep 2010

why are you so bent on derailing this thread? port work WILL NOT affect my camshaft selection given the fact that i will not be doing a shit job. i am looking for cam advice, not your ill informed idea of how to make an engine run good, i don't need any advice on how to make them run good, i've already made more hp/ci than you ever will, so you're going to have to forgive me for thinking any of your ideas are simply wiki'd internet bullshit. now, go study on how to do a proprer port job and get back with me in a couple of years when maybe you can pick up what i'm putting down. unless you can tell me which cam i should be using based on your own real world experience, your input is no longer ( and never was for that matter) needed or welcome on this thread.

Comment

• turbonate
              • Sep 2010

When I say "DO NOT RESUSCITATE" on my leathers... You are going to have to win it real bad from me is take you out is watch the fuck out you come get some, hear!
              by the way, i can't help but notice that those leathers look awfuly new for a seasoned racer (practicer) such as yourself.

Comment

• billdozer
                • Mar 2024

For the record, cntrhub is no longer with us. Enough threads ruined by that nonsense.

Comment

• panmaster
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by billdozer
                  For the record, cntrhub is no longer with us. Enough threads ruined by that nonsense.
                  all praise to bill for FINALLY removing the threadjacker from our midst

and turbonate , great job of handling his incessant badgering

Comment

• fritz
                    • Oct 2010

giving you a serious answer.

I'm not sure you'll get off the line without a lot off slipping the clutch with a 46 on the back.
                    I'm running a V Comp 4010 cam,with head work, 9.0-1 pistons, Dyna S ign. and true duals with mufflers. 4 speed trans, 22 and 48 on the sprockets. Pull is good and the sweet spot (no vibration) is 70 to 80 MPH. That is the set up on my 75
                    My hot rod 72 shovel has a V Comp 4020 cam(lopey idle and doesn't pick up till about 2800 RPM), head work, 9:0-1 pistons, Dyna S ign., and shorty 2 into 1 pipes with reversion cones and adjustable washers at the ends of the main pipes. 4 speed trans with 24 and 48 sprockets. A little slow off the line and some clutch slipping, but takes off like a rocket when it gets "on the cam" so to speak. Sweet spot on the road is 60 MPH in 3rd gear. 85 to 90 in 4th. Fun as hell but not a real good street bike.
                    V Comp 4010 is pretty comparable to an Andrews "A" grind.
                    Not the best mechanic in the world, but I've fucked up enough to learn a lesson or 2. I would try a 48 on the rear first, if you're not going for a land speed record.

Comment

• turbonate
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by fritz
                      giving you a serious answer.

I'm not sure you'll get off the line without a lot off slipping the clutch with a 46 on the back.
                      I'm running a V Comp 4010 cam,with head work, 9.0-1 pistons, Dyna S ign. and true duals with mufflers. 4 speed trans, 22 and 48 on the sprockets. Pull is good and the sweet spot (no vibration) is 70 to 80 MPH. That is the set up on my 75
                      My hot rod 72 shovel has a V Comp 4020 cam(lopey idle and doesn't pick up till about 2800 RPM), head work, 9:0-1 pistons, Dyna S ign., and shorty 2 into 1 pipes with reversion cones and adjustable washers at the ends of the main pipes. 4 speed trans with 24 and 48 sprockets. A little slow off the line and some clutch slipping, but takes off like a rocket when it gets "on the cam" so to speak. Sweet spot on the road is 60 MPH in 3rd gear. 85 to 90 in 4th. Fun as hell but not a real good street bike.
                      V Comp 4010 is pretty comparable to an Andrews "A" grind.
                      Not the best mechanic in the world, but I've fucked up enough to learn a lesson or 2. I would try a 48 on the rear first, if you're not going for a land speed record.
                      thank you sir, if i can cruise 70-80 on an old shovel,i'll be as happy as a pig in shit.

Comment

• LDNCLR
                        • Nov 2009

not trying to hijack, but I have a similar concern. I run 24-48 on both of my shovels with very similar engine setups. My rigid feels great at 80-85 but my FLH feels like its gonna vibrate apart. I had heard that the FX and FLH trans had different first gears, but does any one know if they run the same ratio in 4th? I would think they are both 1:1 in fourth...? I might have to try the 46 on the FLH and see what it does.

Comment

• fritz
                          • Oct 2010

All 4 speed FL's 1-1 final ratio. Might check engine sprockets. probably where the difference is.
                          Being designed when the max legal speed was 55, they adjusted sprockets for weight and torque at the lower end.
                          Last edited by fritz; 07-13-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• TroubleLeather1
                            • Aug 2009

Holy shit what the fuck was going on here!!!! HAHAHAHA I just got to the party Nate that fucker threw me off a few times my self THANK YOU Bill

You running solid lifters? I'm running a Sifton Avenger cam , 40/60 belt pulleys & 24/51 rear sprockets....seems to be all right but it's a 5 into 4 tranny, have no idea what the gear ratios are...not that any of this helps your question LOL

Comment

• turbonate
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by TroubleLeather1
                              Holy shit what the fuck was going on here!!!! HAHAHAHA I just got to the party Nate that fucker threw me off a few times my self THANK YOU Bill

You running solid lifters? I'm running a Sifton Avenger cam , 40/60 belt pulleys & 24/51 rear sprockets....seems to be all right but it's a 5 into 4 tranny, have no idea what the gear ratios are...not that any of this helps your question LOL
                              it was hydraulic when i got it, but i have solids going into it now, the gearing i was figuring would be the same as my green bike, because it hauls down the highway like a champ, but it looks like i'm just going to have to play with them a little.

Comment

• johnnyp81
                                • Dec 2011

clean those ports up a good valve job and an andrews ab should pull that thing pretty good .what are you running for a primary drive?i run a 24/48 on the back and a 24 on the motor on a chain drive in a rigid frame 4spd with a fresh74 +o2o cast pistons balanced lower end (well worth the money) cleaned up heads and an ab cam and it pulls like a freight train and runs hard on top with no problems at all and starts on 1 or2 kicks unless of course there are hot chicks within 50 ft

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;