Views:	1
Size:	274.5 KB
ID:	1313256[ATTACH=CONFIG]97158[/ATTACHClick image for larger version

Name:	TheMeteors-1017.jpg
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	1313258
      Attached Files
      Last edited by paulr; 09-21-2019, 3:02 PM.

Comment

• CycleFreak
        • Jun 2011

Only your scooter is pure psychobilly. Love it. I'd like to see more pics.

Comment

• kmanator
          • Nov 2017

Here's a little Bass Boat flake job done with craft store glitter and Minwax poly/Krylon stained glass translucent paint on a minibike project.

Comment

• UjointElvis
            • Sep 2019

Click image for larger version

Name:	057DABF5-E30F-4FB8-93D3-B8ECF4FD1C93.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1313332

I did this bike in rattle can black. Nothing fancy like the paint jobs I been seeing on here ! But basic rattle can Krylon black none the less !

Comment

• shiznits75
              • Jun 2010

Just did my tank this weekend. It's been bare steel since I crashed a couple seasons ago.
              I hammered out and metal finished the dents.
              I used kustom cans harley black cherry and their 2k clearcoat as well. Wet sanded 2000 grit then buffed with maguire's 105 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200410_145955.jpg
Size:	316.1 KB
ID:	1317347Click image for larger version

Name:	20200410_145735.jpg
Size:	311.6 KB
ID:	1317348Click image for larger version

Name:	20200217_131449.jpg
Size:	321.2 KB
ID:	1317349
              Attached Files
              Last edited by shiznits75; 04-13-2020, 2:29 PM.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                • Oct 2016

Beautiful, looks smooth as glass!

Comment

• tzienlee
                  • Apr 2024

not a paint job on the Tins but came across these of my rotary top transmission when I painted it,
                  I used 3 coats from a Rattle can of HAMMERITE SMOOTHE on the case 2 coats of VHT wrinkle
                  on the rotary top cured with a heat gun for even finish. 3 years down the line & it still looks new.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Guest; 04-23-2020, 2:52 AM.

Comment

• Hatchet54
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by shiznits75
                    Just did my tank this weekend. It's been bare steel since I crashed a couple seasons ago.
                    I hammered out and metal finished the dents.
                    I used kustom cans harley black cherry and their 2k clearcoat as well. Wet sanded 2000 grit then buffed with maguire's 105 [ATTACH=CONFIG]102071[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]102072[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]102073[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]102075[/ATTACH][ATTACH]102076[/ATTACH]
                    This is exactly the look I am going for.

What did your prep work look like? Primer?
                    Walk me through the process lol, I want to follow your steps to a T

Comment

• bryan83taco
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by tzienlee
                      not a paint job on the Tins but came across these of my rotary top transmission when I painted it,
                      I used 3 coats from a Rattle can of HAMMERITE SMOOTHE on the case 2 coats of VHT wrinkle
                      on the rotary top cured with a heat gun for even finish. 3 years down the line & it still looks new.
                      Man that looks GREAT. Gonna look into curing with a heat gun.

Comment

• tzienlee
                        • Apr 2024

Originally posted by bryan83taco
                        Man that looks GREAT. Gonna look into curing with a heat gun.
                        It works great with a heat gun blowing at it, keep at it, as it takes a bit of time to dry the paint & to start it wrinkle, but when it starts to go it's amazing,
                        I usually laydown an even medium coat of the paint, leave it 10 minutes and then give it another coating, almost as soon as the second coat is down i start to gently heat it up slowly increasing the heat until it starts to cure
                        keep the heat gun moving & not too much in one place, but it will get a shit load hotter than you think !!.
                        once it's wrinkled you need to let it be for a day to harden. as it's still soft after it has the desired wrinkle effect you want,
                        when I first used heat I thought it wasn't gonna work or I'd be burning the paint, but no, it all of a sudden goes and looks great,
                        no more waiting for it to work, or wondering is it too cold, too hot, too thin or too thick,
                        Last edited by Guest; 05-03-2020, 8:30 AM.

Comment

• bryan83taco
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by tzienlee
                          It works great with a heat gun blowing at it, keep at it, as it takes a bit of time to dry the paint & to start it wrinkle, but when it starts to go it's amazing,
                          I usually laydown an even medium coat of the paint, leave it 10 minutes and then give it another coating, almost as soon as the second coat is down i start to gently heat it up slowly increasing the heat until it starts to cure
                          keep the heat gun moving & not too much in one place, but it will get a shit load hotter than you think !!.
                          once it's wrinkled you need to let it be for a day to harden. as it's still soft after it has the desired wrinkle effect you want,
                          when I first used heat I thought it wasn't gonna work or I'd be burning the paint, but no, it all of a sudden goes and looks great,
                          no more waiting for it to work, or wondering is it too cold, too hot, too thin or too thick,
                          Awesome, thanks for the tips man. I’m gonna try on some small pieces first.

Comment

• tzienlee
                            • Apr 2024

once you do it & see it form in front of your eyes you will want to coat everything with the stuff,..
                            looks good on all sorts of things from bike parts to cameras, cell phones, guns, MagLite's ANYTHING !!...
                            remember, the more heavy you want the wrinkle the more paint you use but be careful not to put so much down that it runs,
                            it looks shit with runs so be aware of it....
                            post pics of your results,
                            remove any plastic parts before using the heat or you can melt them,
                            if ya want to wrinkle plastic parts just let them cure sitting on top of a house radiator as a heat gun's high temp may damage some plastics.........
                            I did loads on my Shovelhead.... the headlight visor after drilling it, fork sliders & callipers, clutch spring switch gear, rotary top of the Transmission, loads of things
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Guest; 05-05-2020, 9:07 AM.

Comment

• Revelator
                              • Aug 2009

Click image for larger version

Name:	earthquake dust and rocks 003.jpg
Size:	302.3 KB
ID:	1319108

I recently painted this old prism tank that I had lying around for ages.
                              I used cheap ass rustoleum rattler cans (like 4 bucks a can). I usually use quality
                              shit, but all of My nice paint guns, air brushes, & lots of high dollar paint, even my
                              compressor, all burned up in a fire.

I topped the tank of with some rustoleum matte clear coat & this shit sucks. It sprays
                              on okay but It hates gasoline big time. It's not shriveling up or cracking, But there are
                              obvious marks made by the gas running down the tank from fill ups.

*Can any of You guys recommend a descent clear coat (preferably matte or satin low gloss)
                              that comes in a Rattle Can, & Does not look like shit when Gas comes in contact with it ??

Comment

• TexasMudTaco
                                • Jun 2021

Spray Max 2k

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;