Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • armyssg19k
    • May 2011

headlight issues.....need help

Hey yall, having issues, need some input..... Was out riding today and when I got home, I notices my headlight wasn't on, so I removed the light and tested it....bulb is still good, so I ran the wires and nothing was cut, broke or loose. My brake light works when brakes are applied but running light isn't..... broke out the manuel and still couldn't figure it out. Its an '84 Ironhead.....any suggestions are welcomed!!!!! Thanks ahead of time.
  • vnygra
    • Aug 2010

Good ground? Meter from neg battery to headlight bucket.

Comment

• armyssg19k
      • May 2011

yepp checked the ground, and ran all the wires, thats why Im so lost

Comment

• cntrhub
        • Apr 2024

Yep, I concur with posts #2 and #3. I am going to go with basic fun due men till you figure this out. Think like a vein. Sever it, no flow, right? I have 3wV's is watt I call it. 3-Wire-Variables:

1. Connector not connected: You know what that says? My wall socket has to be in the wall if my bulb is good. I can't hold your head here so if the 3wV is flat the fuck in your face you go, watthefuck; that was too easy!
        2. Wire not in connector: You know what that says? My bulb is good, my socket is good, but my wire is off the switch. My switch is... Hold your horse is that is not the problem wait! Hold your hand one more time I said I wouldn't, but wouldn't you agree if the bulb is good then it's possible the wire is not connected between A and B is the bulb? So it is not the bulb watthen?
        3. Short to ground our jobber failure: You know watt that means? That means if it is not the bulb is the jobber broken? No. It says, your taillight works so it is not the switch. Is the switch a jobber? Yes, so one more jobber out of the way. It says, it is not the battery the taillight works is one more jobber working fine here is your hand back.

I'm going for variable #2. House of cards does that pull your wire off a bad connector kind of broken wire you can't see to the bulb side? It's as if the hot side is ready. It just needs a ground. It means if there is a direct short it smokes to ground, then a hand hold on, hold on... Relax, I told you I'm going to look stupidoing dishit I dish the shit out.

Comment

• rustrocket84
          • Aug 2009

Headlight and running light are going to be on the same circuit. I know you said you followed the wires, but did you check them with a test light? Is the headlight operated by a separate switch, or does it come on automatically when you turn the key to the run position. If it is the second choice there you either have a ground issue, or a power issue. Also by chance is the headlight/running light on its own fuse, separate from the brakelight?

Test light will solve your problems.

Comment

• armyssg19k
            • May 2011

got it fixed guys, thanks for all the info

Comment

• LivingCanvas
              • Apr 2024

Originally posted by armyssg19k
              got it fixed guys, thanks for all the info
              God dammit that's annoying when people don't POST WHAT FIXED IT. You know its possible other people with similar problems might want an answer so they have something to check for...

Comment

• rustrocket84
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by LivingCanvas
                God dammit that's annoying when people don't POST WHAT FIXED IT. You know its possible other people with similar problems might want an answer so they have something to check for...
                That does suck. I'm guessing it's because he found a loose ground or hot wire somewhere, and didn't want to admit to it.

Comment

• armyssg19k
                  • May 2011

damn.... sorry, the wire running from the ignition was burnt into, took the voltameter and checked all the wires like you suggested rustrocket84, was stoked to go ride, sorry if I offended yall.......

Comment

• rustrocket84
                    • Aug 2009

Just busting your balls to get you to put up a response why it wasn't working.

Comment

• cntrhub
                      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by armyssg19k
                      yepp checked the ground, and ran all the wires, thats why Im so lost
                      Oh, so now you bring in burned. I would have called it #3 but you know how you bust them on line with little info and you ASSUME he [said ALL THE WIRES], but did not see a burned wire and now it changes the 3-amigos number call in the absolute call of the ball. There you go is bust my balls is bust your ass right back.

Now, was that not easy like a 20/20 hindsight says it is? Piss is me off you had to give it away. I like that blank stare back at the monitor they never say what resolved it.

Not that it piss is me off per say. It wasn't my problem to begin wit. I like how we play 8-ball is you take a shot, I take a shot. He takes a short up the ass. Shit like that. Yes, I'm bored!

It's solved.

NEXT!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;