Clear All
  • 5akers
    • May 2010

Air conditioning

Just put a portable AC unit in the garage
    I'm not a pussy but I'm on the cusp
  • NHMike
    • Apr 2024

Nothing wrong with being comfortable when you're working!

Comment

• vnygra
      • Aug 2010

I have a 12000 btu window unit in mine. Got it on craigslist last summer for 40 bucks on a hundred degree day.

Comment

• cros36
        • Dec 2010

air conditioning is great. heres my problem tho. its cold as fuck in my house, which eventually gets my garage nice and cold, then i open my garage door, heat rushes in and everything gets condensation (sp?) literally water dripping and running down my newly polished fork lowers and cases and shit. little white aluminum oxide spots. not to mention everything else in a garage that isnt supposed to get wet. maybe ill try opening it a little at a time, balance it out slower.

Comment

• nick5
          • Jan 2010

My dads always said that "its been the ruin of many a good man", bc they'd rather sit in the ac then work, hahaha....i quite like it though

Comment

• robleticia
            • Jun 2011

last summer I ran a vent from my a/c unit to the garage, it has a motorized damper that is controlled by an on/off switch in the garage. As long as the house a/c is running the garage stays about 76-78 on a 100 degree day, just got to adjust the house thermostat down to keep the a/c dumping into the garage. Works great, and there is enough "leakage" of air through the damper in the closed or off position that it keeps the humidity out of my garage and i dont have to worry about bare metal flash rusting over night! And, my beer stays colder too while I'm working!

Comment

• jamesgs4
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by 5akers
              Just put a portable AC unit in the garage
              I'm not a pussy but I'm on the cusp
              does it work?

Comment

• justbrian
                • Sep 2009

Love those portable jobs. I used to rent a storage space in the basement of a warehouse where I kept my workshop and had one of those, just vented into the boiler room. Now that I've moved my shop home to the garage, I need to do some insulation before I bother. For now at least, a big shop fan is doing the job just fine.

Comment

• panmaster
                  • Dec 2010

i have air conditioning in my garage and not at all in my house , shows where my time is spent

Comment

• 5akers
                    • May 2010

Works pretty good! When the garage is usually running about 96 - 100 it takes down to 85.

Comment

• MIKE47
                      • Aug 2009

Nothing wrong with AC. Proven fact that productivity goes up in a shop when the workers are comfy instead of dead. We had AC in the old small shop and when we would get a 100 degree day we never knew the difference. Now in the new place there's no AC. It gonna be 99-101 degrees over the next 3 days + the humidity. Needless to say we aren't gonna be working much-during the day at least. If you can afford the cost run with it.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;