Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JaySco
    • Aug 2009

just a random Rte 66 pic

Hey all, havent been around in a while, so while I'm checking in real quick I figured I'd just drop a pic from a ride I took the other day.

Thats about all, catch ya around.
  • nerdsports
    • Mar 2010

Must've been a slow day on that road. lol

Comment

• hellbilly1932
      • Aug 2009

It's always a slow day on most of 66 here out west

Comment

• NHMike
        • Apr 2024

Nice pic, nicer bike.

Comment

• starwolf
          • Apr 2024

66 rulez

Comment

• blackchop
            • Aug 2009

66 used to rule. wouldve loved to have been old enough to be hoppin along route 66 when it was the happening road to be on. before the highways took alot of the scene away.

Comment

• Buster68
              • Nov 2010

OK, I gotta ask ... why didn't you tilt the back of that tank down another few degrees when you hardtailed that bike? The way it sticks up at the back and doesn't meet up with the frame or seat - everything else is nice about that bike, but that is just throwing off the whole look

Comment

• starwolf
                • Apr 2024

Just a thought , I know its a HD, & my shits a ratty Trumpet, but I have had to do something sorta along the same lines ,that doesnt mean that I like it ,it def detracts from the overall apperance of the bike , but sometimes you gotta do, what ya gotta do, the problem for me is that my petcocks dont clear my carbs ,as the tanks rear mounting bracket has been modified slightly (extended by about 2 1/2 -3 " or so)
                Heres a pic of my shit on a trailer , **YEAH I KNOW I WILL LIKELY GET FLAMED ( I was returning home from working on it at my bosses farm /shop, he has many more tools than I ) near Arcadia, OK. The Rock O Ages station, or what's left of it, is a true throwback to the earliest days of automobile travel in the US. This is a very early station that was built in the late teens or early 1920s. There was no electricity here at that time and gas was dispensed from 55 gallon drums laid on their side on a wooden cradle. You could buy a cold soda only when the ice man had been by, and all lights were kerosene. What stories this place could tell! There's one interesting one told though. The story goes that it closed when the owner was arrested for counterfeiting $10 bills in the "secret" back room. Times were hard back then.
                Last edited by Guest; 06-25-2011, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• blackchop
                  • Aug 2009

ill definately agree that there are alot of great stories to be heard along the route66 -
                  i still look at it as the decay of america.
                  wish most often times werre still that way and the world would just slow the hell down and take a breather .

Comment

• JaySco
                    • Aug 2009

Unfortunately most of the old 66 is in disrepair and forgotten, the parts that are still used are pimped out as a gimmick to sell keychanes and bullshit, even though it's not 66 anymore. It's 'Foothill Blvd' around here.

This section that I was on is about a 4 mile strech that runs next to the I15 close to Devore, the 15 got paved over the rest.

Starwolf, cool pic, and yes it would have been cooler without the trailer. I knew I wasnt the only one that had a good 66 pic.

Bastard, I guess I just figured it was good enough and ran with it, but your right, it would look better with the rear dropped a bit. I may have to look into that.

Comment

• LowbrowCustoms
                      • May 2010

Great pic man! I have driven on 66 in all the states and tried to run all the longest existing parts. You can't beat it on an old bike or in an old hot rod.

Comment

• nerdsports
                        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by JaySco
                        Bastard, I guess I just figured it was good enough and ran with it, but your right, it would look better with the rear dropped a bit. I may have to look into that.
                        You could also lift the front - it'll drop the rear since the rear mount is in a weird spot. However, you'll need to relocate the petcock to get all the fuel out of the tank.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;