Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deathtrap
    • Aug 2009

Harbortown Bobber, thoughts.

Last night I went to the Harbortown Bobber "debut". And for some reason, I can't seem to stop thinking about it, and it is producing more thoughts. Last night was a fair night. Good riding weather. I went solo cuz my bitch friend thinks he has the swine flu, really. Got there on time, grabbed my redvines and a coke. The movie itself, was good, perhaps not oscar worthy, but most definitely worthy of my time and money, although, they didn't charge to get in. And! the gave away some free shirts! After the show, I slowly made my way to the kings head for a beer. But as I was rolling solo, that got boring quick. Half a beer, and gone. Truth is, I was itching to get back on the bike. I made my way back home, taking streets instead of the freeway. Good thing too. Something on my bike was grounding out, and I had no high rpm's. I got to thinking about the work I do in my garage. I'm not a mechanic I just play one, but I've spent a lot of time there. I started thinking about the movie, and the people involved with the build. The amount of skill I had just witnessed, was truly inspiring. Picking up a 3"x3" piece of metal, and making 3 parts from it. An air cleaner business that kicks off. Welders that actually bothered to show you how to get it done, in a movie. The history and culture that IS Century Cycles. It got me thinking of this community, that I have been honored to witness, of artists, smiths, people that truly create with their hands. The bike created is a wonderful piece of that. Not flashy, or overdone, just a simple piece of functioning art.

Which brings me back to my garage, and the things I do there. I've made honest attempts at making differences in what I ride. But I'm often hampered by my "get it done quick " thoughts. This movie showed me where my errors are. And the simplicty with which I could improve. Granted, with 27 and 37 year old bikes, a good amount of that time is repair, but I see the difference. More importantly, I see this community I have been part of, in a new light, with greater appreciation, and greater respect.

Thanks guys for a great film, and thanks to everyone here, for a great experience.
  • NHMike
    • Apr 2024

Thanks for the review, can't wait to see it here on the east side. Hopefully it'll be warm enough to ride there.

Comment

• cro
      • Aug 2009

Congrats to Scott and Zack

It is not an easy thing to build a nice bike, it's even harder to build a really nice bike, and even harder to make a film about it, not to mention putting together all the people involved in the process.

Scoot and Zak did an outstanding job putting this film together. I think one thing that makes the film appealing to me is that it was done with the same spirit a lot of us put towards our bikes, that after hours, elbow grease determination to get a machine on the road. Of all their three films I think this one managed to capture that spirit of building and riding like the others just touched upon.

If that wasn't enough to make a good indy film, throw in several cycle hero's like Dennis Goodson and an unforgettable interview with Cindy Rutherford from Century Motorcycles. On a personal note, pre-viewing we were pre-drinking at the Kings Head and I had the pleasure of meeting Dennis. This dude has grandchildren, he is a true "gray beard"! If you run a repop Goodson, you suck!

Great indy film, great time, great people. If you missed it last night, you missed a great time.

Many thanks, and congrats to Scott and Zack

Comment

• svwannabe
        • Aug 2009

Movie looks sick, we need someone on the east coast with a place to setup a screening. Preferably the Philadelphia area would be sweet...

Comment

• glitterfist
          • Aug 2009

A "must see"

I just finished editing my pics & will post them when I figure out the best place on here to do it.
          It was great meeting many of you!

Comment

• glitterfist
            • Aug 2009

Harbortown Bobber Premier Pics ©KMP

Mods, please move this if it's in the wrong place.
            It's was great meeting many of you!

Last edited by glitterfist; 10-16-2009, 5:49 PM.

Comment

• glitterfist
              • Aug 2009

Comment

• glitterfist
                • Aug 2009

Comment

• glitterfist
                  • Aug 2009

Comment

• glitterfist
                    • Aug 2009

Comment

• glitterfist
                      • Aug 2009

Comment

• BlueCollarMoto
                        • Apr 2024

Had a great time last night! What more is there to say that hasn't already been said by more eloquent people than myself above. Great seeing everyone!

Thanks Scott and Zack!
                        You guys rock!

Comment

• Halwade
                          • Apr 2024

You picked a great place to post your photos, Kristina. Thanks for introducing yourself, and for sharing your time and images on CC. Irish Rich, a pleasure as always to rant with you. You and your friend (and my generous sponsor!) Dennis Goodson are stand-up cats. The breather is awesome, Thanks again.

And of course, congrats to Scott and Zack for creating such a cool film and hosting such a great premiere party. I wore my Harbortown bobber shop shirt to work on my project this evening.

Good stuff, gents.

McGoo

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                          Working...
                          ;