Evo Sporty Rewire (Reduced to Essentials Only)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heyheyhey
    • May 2011

I have a hardtail project that I'm working on, and I'm not sure where to put the circuit breakers or the ignition control module. Do you guys have any good ideas for where to hide your electronics?

Comment

• jsaz666
      • Mar 2015

If a guy needed to keep his turn signals, what would you use for a switch? I want to do this on my softail, but I have to keep them. Planning on running the switches onto the dash.....

Comment

• 7and7is
        • Dec 2012

If you are still using your "signal module" (for lack of a better word) i would think any kind of "momentary on" switch would work, they make a "momentary on/off/momentary on" you can get away with one switch, check the link.

K4 Switches Momentary On / Off / Momentary On 20 Amp Sand Sealed Toggle Switch With Tab Terminals from Pacific Customs Unlimited your best source for Street, Off Road, Sandrail, Dune Buggy, Manx, Rock Crawler, Volksrod, or Mud Buggy VW Parts.

Comment

• jmattsen
          • May 2015

is there anywhere i can buy OEM electrical connectors so i dont have to chop anything?

Comment

• TurnerR
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by jmattsen
            is there anywhere i can buy OEM electrical connectors so i dont have to chop anything?
            Amazon. My dealer has them too.

2-pin

4-pin

Comment

• jmattsen
              • May 2015

hell yeah, thanks

Comment

• jmattsen
                • May 2015

here is what i came up with for my 95 sporty. feel free to use it or tell me where its fucked up

Comment

• Dragstews
                  • Sep 2010

These Guys got it going on ......

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• tnichoson
                    • Sep 2009

Hi I'm doing a full rewrite on a 2002 1200 and I'm using a few pieces out of the stoc harness (for the starter) and my manual doesn't go into color code detail if anyone could direct me as to which color slices into the power, ground, and and which color goes right to the ignition. I'm using a 2 circuit breaker diagram I got off the clock forum thank you in advance

Comment

• tnichoson
                      • Sep 2009

sorry xl forum

Comment

• Rothbart
                        • Sep 2014

Can anyone tell me what year the 'bank angle sensor' was introduced to the Sportster? I have a 95 harness that I'm about to clean up and don't see it on my wiring diagram. I'm just checking everything out just to make sure I'm not gonna screw this thing up. I have a read all 10 pages of this thread but my have a few more questions. I'm hopping to God that that 95 hand drawn diagram above is right. I'm building a hard tail and I thought about just welding up a box under the seat and stuffing all that wiring and control boxes in there and just extending all some for the headlamp, coils and such but that would be cheating. Here's a pic of my bike just cause. Click image for larger version

Name:	loom 012.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	299.9 KB
ID:	1288670

Comment

• Rothbart
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by jmattsen
                          here is what i came up with for my 95 sporty. feel free to use it or tell me where its fucked up

I've been trying to get this wired up for the last few days but I keep blowing fuse 5. Anyone else have good results with this diagram yet? Not trying to ask a million questions here or rack anyone's brain too hard. Just want to know if this is gonna work or not the way it's laid out in this diagram.

Comment

• Fruttolo
                            • May 2016

Hi guys, I need a little explaination, on my 2000 sporty can I just ditch the manifold pressure sensor and bridge the two cables together, or is it a signal that the modules need in order to work properly? Thanks

Comment

• 7and7is
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Fruttolo
                              Hi guys, I need a little explaination, on my 2000 sporty can I just ditch the manifold pressure sensor and bridge the two cables together, or is it a signal that the modules need in order to work properly? Thanks
                              When you say "manifold pressure sensor" are you talking about the vacuum line running from your carb to the VOES? If so click the link.

Comment

• Fruttolo
                                • May 2016

Originally posted by 7and7is
                                When you say "manifold pressure sensor" are you talking about the vacuum line running from your carb to the VOES? If so click the link.
                                http://www.wildwestcycle.com/f_voes.html
                                Yep was talking about the VOES itself
                                Thanks for the link, very well explained, now I just don't get how people make their engines run good with no VOES :/

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;