Evo Sporty Rewire (Reduced to Essentials Only)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smallston
    • Aug 2011

Wires are new so I hope it's not them, I'll change the plugs out and see if that makes a difference. My buddy said it might just be a faulty ignition module that isn't sending signal to the coil regardless of it having power, any input on this?

Comment

• Smallston
      • Aug 2011

It has spark just not when it should, if I wire up the accessory position wire coming from the switch to the breaker it sparks on contact, but nothing when the ON wire is wired from the switch to the breaker

Comment

• shredzorv2
        • Sep 2012

Im really hoping someone will still look at this thread. I Just rewired my 1999 883 Sporty, and I have no spark.

I used this diagram. Im not sure what could be causing the lack of spark. I had 4 wires coming out of my ignition, White/BLK Pink which go to the coil, Black which I grounded, and Violet which I capped. I have no clue why Im not getting any spark. Any ideas of where to look would be much appreciated. Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

• rus
          • Aug 2009

thats for an aftermarket ignition/coil. is that what you're running?

Comment

• brooklynbomber
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by shredzorv2
            Im really hoping someone will still look at this thread. I Just rewired my 1999 883 Sporty, and I have no spark.

I used this diagram. Im not sure what could be causing the lack of spark. I had 4 wires coming out of my ignition, White/BLK Pink which go to the coil, Black which I grounded, and Violet which I capped. I have no clue why Im not getting any spark. Any ideas of where to look would be much appreciated. Thanks
            Did you cap your VOES?

Comment

• JukeJointGypsy
              • Oct 2012

Unless we know the ignition type there's no way to give a correct answer. Also did you completely rewire the entire bike? meaning did you remove all wiring and then go back with new. Or did you only cut and patch certain parts of the wiring. Also is what you have in your nose cone a sensor or an actual ignition module?

Comment

• 1stgenxxx
                • Apr 2011

I'm about to wire up my 89 sportster with screaming eagle ignition and stock coil. The wire colors don't match most simplified wiring diagrams that Ive seen. Anyone have a simplified drawing for an 89 883?

Comment

• Evidence
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by 1stgenxxx
                  I'm about to wire up my 89 sportster with screaming eagle ignition and stock coil. The wire colors don't match most simplified wiring diagrams that Ive seen. Anyone have a simplified drawing for an 89 883?
                  Your best bet is to take Billdozers diagram and use it as a basis for your specific bike. Find a stock wiring diagram (if you have a manual) and figure out what you need to keep, or just start over from scratch. If youre doing super basic, use the stock diagram to figure out where your Ignition Control Module wires are going, and its all downhill from there. Headlight, taillight, and all that little junk can all be followed verbatim off Bills diagram.

Comment

• 1stgenxxx
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Evidence
                    Your best bet is to take Billdozers diagram and use it as a basis for your specific bike. Find a stock wiring diagram (if you have a manual) and figure out what you need to keep, or just start over from scratch. If youre doing super basic, use the stock diagram to figure out where your Ignition Control Module wires are going, and its all downhill from there. Headlight, taillight, and all that little junk can all be followed verbatim off Bills diagram.
                    Yea I'm looking at that right now. I have a single ignition module...The wiring colors are...Pink,Purple/white, White, Green,Black/White, and red.

Comment

• DroppinDeuces
                      • Feb 2011

Drink cases of BIG FLATS beer with your roomate and go after it. It takes a couple weeks longer to complete but it works. Also as soon as youre done, ride it. Especially if the oil tank is just tacked on. As soon as you see that hot girl in the sunfire, show off your mad skills. Thats when youll find yourseld hungover in this nice part of town tying your oil tank back on with your shoe strings and some dude in a range rover asking you for your number to put apes on his new triumph, while youre still stranded.

Comment

• 1stgenxxx
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by DroppinDeuces
                        Drink cases of BIG FLATS beer with your roomate and go after it. It takes a couple weeks longer to complete but it works. Also as soon as youre done, ride it. Especially if the oil tank is just tacked on. As soon as you see that hot girl in the sunfire, show off your mad skills. Thats when youll find yourseld hungover in this nice part of town tying your oil tank back on with your shoe strings and some dude in a range rover asking you for your number to put apes on his new triumph, while youre still stranded.

Fuck yes

Comment

• lowlife32
                          • Feb 2011

Im in the middile or rewiring an 89 sporty at the moment. I am running a car style key switch, do I still need the starter relay wired in or can I just run from the start lug of the switch directly to the starter? I have the relay wired in now, but itd be less to hide if I dont have to have it.

Comment

• gonzoguilt
                            • Apr 2024

I'm gunna lose it. I can't find any resettable curcuit breakers anywhere online, and every auto/hardware store I go to do not have em in stock. I could order some, but the closest place they'd be sent to is 2 fucking hours away!

Help....

Comment

• bobbarooski
                              • Dec 2012

go to the school bus garage in your county,ask if they have any old buses they are not gonna put on the road,they are full of those little breakers you desire

Comment

• psychokat
                                • Aug 2010

Yeeeaaaahhhh...... OR, you could try this....

If you type 'manual reset circuit breaker' in any search engine, you should find what your'e looking for. I am in the middle of ordering my parts, also. There are cheapo breakers, or you could add 'marine grade' to your search. They are waterproof, salt proof, and corrosion resistant, but they are more expensive. Hope that is some help. And keeps you outta County for stealing breakers outta school buses!!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;