Email Password Mobile Version / Desktop Version
Search
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Hedstrong View Post
    WOMPY can you circle where you are talking about on a picture, or tell me no XD
    I think he's talking about the upper, center motor mount.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks wompy, I may use that.

I decided to stick my key under battery box

Get Adobe Flash player

Default stupified.

Stupified, plain and simple.
    I'm no electrical whiz. That being said, I have had my main mechanic buddy toil and sweat over this problem for a couple weeks until he threw up his hands and resigned. So I called up a buddy who wired up my old Ironhead Sporty, and he seemed really confident at first. Two trips to my garage later, and a complete rewire following the diagrams on this post, he is likewise stumped.
    I'm freaking out here! The latest bit of speculation is that my ignition control module is bad. Is there some way of testing this, so I am not just blindly dropping loot on something that may or may not be the culprit? As far as I know, it's wired correctly. But still no spark. Coil gets hot, gas is getting into the carb, starter works, has a push button on the solenoid.
    I mean jesus...it's only a 94 evo sporty... how fucking hard can it be to diagnose and get it going? I was gonna take this bike to Sturgis, and now it seems I might be up a shit creek.
    I wish I could give more details, but my level of tech ability is far outshadowed by the two pros who gave up on my shit.
    Any input/ ideas appreciated.

Get Adobe Flash player

Great post. I'm about to take this on with a 95 I just got. The po went ape shit with dykes and wire nuts.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by wiseowl73 View Post
    I'm no electrical whiz. That being said, I have had my main mechanic buddy toil and sweat over this problem for a couple weeks until he threw up his hands and resigned. So I called up a buddy who wired up my old Ironhead Sporty, and he seemed really confident at first. Two trips to my garage later, and a complete rewire following the diagrams on this post, he is likewise stumped.
    I'm freaking out here! The latest bit of speculation is that my ignition control module is bad. Is there some way of testing this, so I am not just blindly dropping loot on something that may or may not be the culprit? As far as I know, it's wired correctly. But still no spark. Coil gets hot, gas is getting into the carb, starter works, has a push button on the solenoid.
    I mean jesus...it's only a 94 evo sporty... how fucking hard can it be to diagnose and get it going? I was gonna take this bike to Sturgis, and now it seems I might be up a shit creek.
    I wish I could give more details, but my level of tech ability is far outshadowed by the two pros who gave up on my shit.
    Hell man, if you can run a wire crimper and read, you'll be fine. I believe in you. Check for spark and pull A/C over and visually confirm you have a nice spray of fuel for us?
    I "heard" mine shooting fuel but it was not at one time and point.
    I will check back on my lunch break

Get Adobe Flash player

Start a new thread on this and list as much as you can about what was done and try to include what wires were removed, spliced to what and so on- I worked on the wiring for my 93 (which I think is the same) and in the end feel really confident about it- ill help ya as much as I can

Get Adobe Flash player

bill (or anyone else who can read better than me)

did you run a separate starter button, or are you running a car-like keyed starter?

and for those circuit breakers, you just cut all the wires to the fuse box and connected them to those little breakers? fucking genius. that box is taking up so much space on mine. gonna have to ape that shit.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by rus View Post

did you run a separate starter button, or are you running a car-like keyed starter?

and for those circuit breakers, you just cut all the wires to the fuse box and connected them to those little breakers? fucking genius. that box is taking up so much space on mine. gonna have to ape that shit.
    he's running a mechanical push button directly on the end of the starter solenoid.
    like this-
    http://www.debrix.com/Solenoid-Cover...p/17762-m1.htm

billdozer

Quote Originally Posted by rus View Post

Rus, yeah I removed the fuse box and stock breakers and just replaced them with the three breakers shown. Once you get rid of all the blinkers and junk you don't really need all that stuff. Tobiism is right, it's just a push
    Button starter, super simple.

Get Adobe Flash player

How did you delete the bank angle sensor? The green/grey wire needs to be tied into ground.

That bank angle sensor gives a LOT of people grief when they rewire.

Get Adobe Flash player

bank angle sensor...
    bill can probably answer but from what i remember there are 3 wires. you tie two of them together, cap the other. can't remember which, but if you google it eventually you'll find it. i believe i got the info off xlforum

Bill,
    if I'm keeping signals, can i still get rid of the fuse block and just add another circuit, or will it cause some unknown issues? i don't want signals, but i want tickets even less. plus, i like the challenge of trying to do them in a real tasteful way.

Get Adobe Flash player

I don't think a 94 should have a bank angle sensor- the 2 wres that need to be tied together are the white and grey wires its essentially over riding or cancelling the kill switch

Get Adobe Flash player

Great thread. I have to tackle this soon.

billdozer

Did you get this resolved? If you truly have no spark but are getting power to the coil then it must be somewhere between your ignition in the cone and the module. Do you have a diagram for your year? The 94 is not going to be the same as the 2002 I showed. Retrace that portion, and don't tidy it all up until you know you are getting spark. Check that all grounds are grounded and not just snipped off. Make double sure its not a gas issue with the Voes petcock not flowing fuel.

Get Adobe Flash player

Cut down the hand controls. Didn't touch the bulk of the wire bundle short of just cutting it back to where the coil/key switch are. Moved the hi/low switch to the top of the light. Installed a starter button on the solenoid. The pic I posted is huge. You can see it on http://www.visegripmc.com

Get Adobe Flash player

well my bro in law and i redid the wiring on my 01' 1200 , we kept the factory self reseting breakers and all , used a microswitch for the start button.
    all seemed well untill after he left , i got the rest of the bike together and went to start it and its acting like the batt is dead. i just hear starter clicking.
    (probably bad idea) but i tried to jump it with the car since i dont have a batt charger. it started once, while i was setting the the idle the choke snapped back in and killed it now i cant get it to start again.(even hooked to the car batt.)
    the voltage on the battery is reading 12-13 and i dont see any reading at all when i jump from the ground terminal to a ground on the frame.
    so as far as i can tell there is no draw there. do you all think i will be ok if i can just get my hands on a trickle charger?

Get Adobe Flash player

I am in the middle of a re wire on my 96, but Im hung up on an Issue. I am not getting spark out of my coil either. My bike is stock without a bank angle sensor. I'm getting power to the coil and my voes and cam position sensor. Any ideas? Can a coil take shit like that, its been sitting for a week.

Get Adobe Flash player

^^^^^^^^^^Did you mess with the control pods on the bars? Mainly the kill switch?

Get Adobe Flash player

Yes I eliminated them, I've been trying to gather info about that. Something about jumping or looping it? But the thing is, I don't have any wires left to use..

Share This