Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPWilliams
    • Nov 2009

Cruiser to Streettracker (Frame mod?)

Thinking about my next build and considering a streettracker. I'm considering starting with a v-twin cruiser. I have seen some nice sportsters done that way, but I have different donor in mind. I'm sure that some people have done expensive and/or time cosuming frame mods/builds, but can decent results be done with longer rear shocks alone?
  • crush1776
    • May 2011

There's a few Virago cafe's over on dotheton.com and a CX 500 that the wrenchmonkees shop did that are pretty cool, can definitely be done on the cheap IMO.

Comment

• doom
      • Dec 2010

street trackers can be done on the cheap. its mostly like building a bobber or cafe. strip the bullshit and throw some moto bars on it. thats what Im doing with my cb750.

Comment

• JPWilliams
        • Nov 2009

The plan is start with a old dual carb 1500 Vulcan. Commonly called a BUBF for Butt Ugly But Fast.

They can be made less ugly.

I figure on making a set of dyna mid control work on it. Then the proper bars, longer rear shocks, high routed front bikes and some engine hop-up and of course the cool tail piece.

The thing is that you can't really change up the swingarm shock mounts because it is shaftdriven.

Comment

• JPWilliams
          • Nov 2009

Would the stance even come close to this?

Comment

• jakeisagreasyguy
            • Nov 2010

I just turned this

into this

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;