Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • builditbigger
    • Oct 2010

New Springer Mounted

Here is my springer I just modified. I removed 14" from her. Can wait to get it back on the road. This winters projects are taking far too long!

• NHMike
    • Apr 2024

Looks good, although I think it's a damn shame to cut up a nice old springer.

Comment

• livingdeadmc
      • Apr 2024

Rad

Comment

• kokopelli
        • Apr 2024

what method did you use to shorten it?

Comment

• builditbigger
          • Oct 2010

I cut an equal amount off the bottom of each leg then spliced and wellded the bottom mounts back on. Rather easy. Now I want to get it rechromed. Chrome is rather rough all over on this one. I also had a buddy make me a new steering stem to fit stock XS bearings.

Comment

• Hooligans
            • Oct 2010

Looks good man. I did the same thing on my Denvers springer. Chopped the legs and lathed up a steering stem.

Comment

• Ivannatinkle
              • Feb 2011

poor old springer never stood a chance, however looks good on your build this way!

Comment

• Ember
                • May 2010

Nice! I wish I had a short springer.

Comment

• jaybee
                  • Jan 2011

Looks good.

Is that a Fury springer? looks like it. I just picked one up the other week, it is 10" or 12" over and I think i might have to shorten it as well.

nice work.
                  jaybee

Comment

• razor78016
                    • May 2011

Did you take a "before" pic of stock springer set up?

Comment

• doom
                      • Dec 2010

I love that you cut up a long springer and made people sad and upset, lol. the fact that some people are offended by your choice of ruining (in there eyes) an original part makes these forks and your bike super bad ass. half the fun of choppers is pissing people off some way or some how. if you can piss off some fellow ccers or bikers then your really doing something right.

Comment

• builditbigger
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by doom
                        I love that you cut up a long springer and made people sad and upset, lol. the fact that some people are offended by your choice of ruining (in there eyes) an original part makes these forks and your bike super bad ass. half the fun of choppers is pissing people off some way or some how. if you can piss off some fellow ccers or bikers then your really doing something right.
                        Thanks doom. I feel like I have given new life to an old unused spinger. I hope after it's complete more people wont even notice or care that I cut up a piece of history!

Here is the before pic

Comment

• razor78016
                          • May 2011

It looks bad ass short or long. That type of front end always looks sharp.

Comment

• livingdeadmc
                            • Apr 2024

I'll try asking here instead if starting a new topic lol.....what's it take to put a springer front end on a an XS? Most of the springer forks I see are for HDs and require one inch bearings...any info would be great! Again ur bike looks rad!

Comment

• builditbigger
                              • Oct 2010

Thanks. I rode it all last summer and glad I never put down any paint. I learned a lot of what I like about it and what I dont like, Many more changes to come! As far as mounting a Harley front end... check out The Chopper Under ground forums. They have a great how to. I really dont like those forums but that one post at the top is a good one. I had a steering stem made to my specs for this build, I needed more length otherwise I would have just figured out the bearing issue. Good luck on your build. Ill post more as more happens! Waitingon a spool hub now!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;