Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegaDON666
    • Jul 2010

Damn pinhole leak!

He guys, so the tank I modified took a hit where I brazed a seam,i filled the tank with vinegar to clean the rust and its leaking in one spot . The tank was just painted,can a radiator shop line the tank and stop the leak or am I fucked?
  • MotoXcycle
    • Sep 2010

Red Kote

Originally posted by MegaDON666
    He guys, so the tank I modified took a hit where I brazed a seam,i filled the tank with vinegar to clean the rust and its leaking in one spot . The tank was just painted,can a radiator shop line the tank and stop the leak or am I fucked?
    Seal the tank with Red Kote, it will never leak again.

Fausto

Comment

• Tito
      • May 2010

If it's clean inside, you have to wait at least 30 days after paint to apply redkote. You can buy it on your own and do it. The ham-fisted monkeys at a radiator shop could make it worse.

Comment

• pop
        • Apr 2011

ive seen tanks that looked like swiss cheese be sealed up with red kote. top of the line stuff

Comment

• CreatureFucker
          • Dec 2010

You should be able to fill the leak no problem. Search around for what you want to use on it and roll with it.

Comment

• MegaDON666
            • Jul 2010

I just painted the tank....nothing special, just my first paint job, ill wait until the week of Born Free to line it, most of the options were basically strip the tank and start over to resolder the area. Ill try the red kote.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• jrjonez
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by pop
              ive seen tanks that looked like swiss cheese be sealed up with red kote. top of the line stuff
              Not to jump on some ones thread. I got a tank had to modify to hit and it has a few pinholes that wont seal. Needs to be cleaned out as well. Plus may have to do some more cutting and welding so want to seal it good once and be done!!!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;