Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UNKLian
    • Dec 2010

From the Lowbrow blog:

Kyle ran 115.77 mph for a qualifying run in the APS-PG 650 c.c. class.
    We have to do our record runs in the morning if all is successful that will make
    three world records for the Lowbrow team this week. And it's Kyle's birthday to boot.

Comment

• Moparkevin
      • Jan 2011

Killing it! That's great to hear. Good luck and safety to ya

Comment

• UNKLian
        • Dec 2010

Kyle backed up his record run, and is looking for more speed.

Comment

• UNKLian
          • Dec 2010

Kyle just posted on facebook:

Speed Week last day update- I qualified last night over 117mph to up the record I set but this morning we had 12 mph head winds and some rain and my backup run was only enough to average out to 116.53. I Still raised the record but not by much. I am still stoked this was an amazing year, and honestly we did better than we expected!

I did do one last run on the long course a few minutes ago with a couple on board cameras so there will be some ad footage coming! Cheers Kyle

Comment

• jstein
            • Nov 2009

Way to go Kyle cant wait to see some video of your run.

Comment

• Hoofhearted
              • Dec 2009

I want to add my congratulations too. People think its a case of show up and set a record. I got to watch Kyle (and Tyler) bustin' their buns in impound working on their machines for the back up run and then working to improve their records. It ain't easy and congratulations is a small word in relation to their efforts. I like WOOHOO!!!! and see you next year.

Comment

• skinner
                • Apr 2010

very cool guys I was wondering how many bikes in your class and if Big D cycle was there and what Wes did
                Looks like fun

Comment

• Blacktopbandit
                  • Aug 2010

Congrats

Congratulations to both you and your bro. Very impressive results and you guys have set the new bar. Hope to see you out there in the next couple of years.

Comment

• Hoofhearted
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by skinner
                    very cool guys I was wondering how many bikes in your class and if Big D cycle was there and what Wes did
                    Looks like fun
                    Land speed racing is one of those events where it doesn't matter how many are entered in your class. You are racing against a record speed or if the class is open you are racing to see how fast you can set a record. You aren't racing head to head. Which in one respect is good and in another respect its bad. Head to head you just have to beat the other guy to win. In LSR you are trying to beat a record speed. It doesn't fall off or break down or have a tough time tuning. Its just there, staring you in the face and sometimes laughing at you. It can be a tough bastard at times.

I saw Wes and I believe he had magneto trouble. I'm open to correction on that.

But we had a great time.

By weslake at 2011-08-21[/IMG]

Comment

• LowbrowCustoms
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by Hoofhearted
                      Land speed racing is one of those events where it doesn't matter how many are entered in your class. You are racing against a record speed or if the class is open you are racing to see how fast you can set a record. You aren't racing head to head. Which in one respect is good and in another respect its bad. Head to head you just have to beat the other guy to win. In LSR you are trying to beat a record speed. It doesn't fall off or break down or have a tough time tuning. Its just there, staring you in the face and sometimes laughing at you. It can be a tough bastard at times.

But we had a great time.

By weslake at 2011-08-21[/IMG]
                      It also helps to be just a bit crazy, right Bill? hahah your rig would be a scary ride I think!

Comment

• LowbrowCustoms
                        • May 2010

Kyle_malinky_bonneville_speed_week_2011_3

Kyle_malinky_bonneville_speed_week_2011_5

Kyle_malinky_bonneville_speed_week_2011_2

Kyle_malinky_bonneville_speed_week_2011

Just a few pictures of the bikes in impound at the top, and a couple of me taking off the line before getting into my race tuck. My best run of the week was 17.75, thats more than 12mph faster than last year! I think I have proven that even if my bike is too pretty top be a race bike it is still a race bike, and now a world record holder!
                        record_certification_Bonneville_speed_week_2011
                        Here are my record certification sheet, the first one I qualified for on my birthday, then I raised it a hair at the end of the week. It should have been faster but we had rain, lightning and a 12mph headwind during the last days backup runs.
                        Kyle_malinky_bonneville_speed_week_2011_4

These two shots were on the record back up friday, it was drizzling, you can from the tracks the salt was wet and check out the clouds in the distance. As I was making the run a giant lightning strike touched down dead ahead of me (many miles I am sure) but it was one of the coolest sights!
                        Kyle_malinky_bonneville_speed_week_2011_6
                        We had a photographer filming and taking photos the whole week so we will have more soon~!

Comment

• UNKLian
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Hoofhearted

]

I saw him post that somewhere.

Comment

• Hoofhearted
                            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by LowbrowCustoms
                            It also helps to be just a bit crazy, right Bill? hahah your rig would be a scary ride I think!
                            It helps a whole lot!! But no crazier than you tucking your ams INSIDE your fairing!!

It was a slow Bonneville. I was aiming for 130 but the fastest run was 122. So like you last year i now have some "unfinished business" to take care of next year.

Those are great photos btw. Especially the photo of the records certs!! And yes those bikes are waaaay too pretty to take on the salt. But they are racers and record holding racers at that!! Congrats again.

Veronica took this shot on Tues. morning (I think). Getting set up for a record return run. One of my favorite shots of the week.

[/IMG]

P.S. You going back next year? Hope so.
                            Last edited by Hoofhearted; 08-31-2011, 11:35 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;