• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • manser
    • Mar 2011

WARNING! Custom Chopperwerks

I don't know if this is the right forum, but feel free to move it, mods

Custom Chopperwerks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last year I decided to get a set of forwards for my RoadStar. I really liked the looks of the ones from Custom Chopperwerks, so I ordered a set. On the website it said to give details via PayPal about which make, year and model bike it is for, and so I did. I paid 9th of August, and on the 16th of Sep the forwards arrived. That was quite some time, even when I'm over here in Denmark. I really like them, but there was no adapters. So I got a mail where I was told that they would be sent shortly, and I would not be charged for them.... I ordered a set of forwards, paid for them, and then I'm being told that I didn't have to pay for the brackets that will make it fit the bike it was ordered for? thank you SO much - how very nice of you! I think I already did that, when I ordered a set for a RoadStar, and paid what I was told to pay....
    But I haven't seen the adapters yet....
    I bought it on a website - Gripthis - which apparantly is run by Bob's (the owner of Custom Chopperwerks) wife. I've been asking for my adapters once a month or so, and each time I got a song and a dance about how busy Bob was, producing big orders for Harley Davidson, and other important customers. In the end I got an email from Bob himself, giving me same story about how busy he was, and how thankful I should be not having to pay for the adapters I already paid for..... And then he gave a time limit, that he would send them within - which is long gone, and I haven't seen the adapters yet....
    After posting this, I doubt I will ever see those adapters, but to be honest I doubt I would anyway. I just want you all to know the kind of customer service they deliver
  • Zooligan
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by manser
    I don't know if this is the right forum, but feel free to move it, mods

Custom Chopperwerks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After posting this, I doubt I will ever see those adapters, but to be honest I doubt I would anyway. I just want you all to know the kind of customer service they deliver
    Maybe they just spelled your address wrong. I mean, look how they spelled "Chopperworks"...
    Last edited by Zooligan; 05-16-2011, 1:13 PM.

Comment

• manser
      • Mar 2011

Yeah that could be the problem

Comment

• chopperwerks1
        • Mar 2012

Manser,

You've posted this fabricated claim here and on Club Chopper. You aren't entitled to any adapters.

First, by your own admission you bought a set of forward controls from a Custom ChopperWerks dealer "Grip This" which you admit. Grip This is a separate business from Custom ChopperWerks and is owned by my ex-wife whom you mention in your post. She's a very honest person I might add.

You did not purchase the forward controls from Custom ChopperWerks. Let me see if I understand your logic. If someone buys a motorcycle from a Harley Davidson dealer, that person then goes to another motorcycle business and orders a part but refuses to pay for it and that motorcycle business won't give it to you without paying for the part, using your logic that's the fault of Harley Davidson according to you. Sorry, but your logic is flawed.

When you ordered your forward controls you were charged for the forward controls ONLY. Since your bike is a metric bike it's requires adapters. You refused to order and pay the $89.00 for the adapters from Grip This because you felt you could make them cheaper. You claimed you had a buddy who owned a machine shop which you admitted on Club Chopper. So you never paid for the adapters and Grip This is not about to give them to you for free.

Long after your purchase, you contacted me via email commenting on how high a quality the forward controls you purchased were. You stated you were very happy with them. You inquired when you would receive your adapters. At the time you contacted me I was NOT AWARE YOU HAD NOT PAID FOR ANY ADAPTERS. I explained to you we were out of them at the time but would be machining them in the future. You contacted me via email again and I gave the same response.

I then contacted Grip This and was informed that you had NOT PAID for the adapters. I that point I did quit responding to your emails.

Custom ChopperWerks does not sell retail. It sells it's products through dealers such as Orange County Choppers. As a matter of fact our products were featured on the "American Chopper" T.V. program.

Manser, you post this garbage on several forums regarding Custom ChopperWerks when by your own admission you didn't purchase the forward controls from Custom ChopperWerks. The fact you refused to pay for the adapters and didn't get them is your fault. You believe these adapters should be given to you free. Maybe they do that in Denmark but it doesn't work that way here in the U.S.A.

As for the remark you made of shipping time of 4 weeks from the time you ordered to arriving in Denmark that's pretty fast delivery considering the package had to pass through customs of both the U.S. and Denmark.

The bottom line here is you aren't entitled to a set of adapters at this point. Since you've made this false claim in numerous places I wouldn't allow my dealers to sell the adapters to you at any price.
        All the problems you claim you have have been self inflicted. Thank you.

Custom ChopperWerks, Inc.
        Last edited by chopperwerks1; 03-13-2012, 9:09 AM.

Comment

• Hooligan80
          • Jul 2010

This is aimed at Chopperwerks1: If you sell a product and state that if they send the year make and model the product is supposed to fit, that you will send the product that fits said year, make and model bike, but when you send the product (In this case, forward controls) and they don't fit like you said they will, and then agree to send adapters so they will fit, then that's on your head, not the customers. As for your business with OCC and American Choppers, I hate to inform you of the following: NO ONE HERE GIVES A SHIT BECAUSE THEIR BIKES ARE PILES OF SHIT, so that's not saying much for your business. If you don't sell retail, then why the hell is your product, which I will now call a shitty product due to the fact that it doesn't fit as claimed by your company that it would, being sold on a website to the mass public? The means your company sells retail. Now, if you fail to mention that your forward controls will not fit a metric bike without adapters in any ad that features your product (Which a product manufacturer is accountable for doing), then the issue falls with your company. I could go on and on, but I figure you're probably just an asshole since the first names you dropped were Orange County Choppers and American Chopper, and those guys are assholes that make shitty showroom pieces that never last on the road, and also another company that doesn't honor their own warranty, and I doubt at this point you'll even make the deal right and don't give a shit about your customers. So, you'll never get my business, and I doubt you'll ever get anyone else's business on here either. Sounds like you got fucked over by your ex wife (Since you are divorced now) and basically decided to say fuck any business deals she had, even if they represented your company through your [products being sold through her.

Respectfully,

Go fuck yourself

P.S.: Welcome to the site, you should have read around before you dropped the OCC and American Choppers bomb.

Comment

• Hooligan80
            • Jul 2010

Also, shipping time from US to Denmark in 4 weeks isn't unreasonable, since I've received stuff from friends in Japan within 3 weeks, and stuff from Wales within 2 weeks, and I'm in California. Maybe your too busy dealing with Harley and OCC to give a shit about the normal working man.

Comment

• ridemore16
              • Oct 2009

Wow. What an introductory post!

Comment

• felon
                • Oct 2011

boom!

Comment

• Blackbetty
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Hooligan80

Respectfully,

Go fuck yourself

Comment

• brach77
                    • Oct 2011

hahahahahahahaha name dropping asshat!!!!!!

Comment

• jonnyrtn
                      • Aug 2009

Gotta agree. If a business asks me my info on my bike and sends me a part that DOES NOT FIT. I am gonna try to get the parts to MAKE IT FIT for free cause that is what I ordered and paid for. As far as the OCC and Harley factory.... HA HA HA ..... wrong site to brag about supplying those guys. You did not help your case Chopperwerks by dropping those names around here.

Comment

• 2stroketim
                        • Jan 2012

2stroketim says -
                        And to think - - - my old bro just bought a Roadstar, actually. And, because he's a big fucker, needs some better controls.

We prolly won't be buying from this dude. It's amazing how far someone will go due to their ego....I don't give a fuck who this dude is making parts for. He shoulda bit the fuckin bullet, made the adapters, and asked the OP to tell his friends. Dude just fucked himself over a 90$ part.

Bad business mang, bad business.

Comment

• AngryJohnny
                          • Jul 2011

Since you've made this false claim in numerous places I wouldn't allow my dealers to sell the adapters to you at any price.
                          To Choppwerwerks1:

I have no way of knowing the accuracy of either side's statements, so I won't jump in between the two of you on that arguement. I will even stay out of the arguement as to whether or not you stated prior to the sale whether or not the part would fit without adapters, or whether or not they were included in the price.

However, if you sold the guy a product that won't fit on his bike, but refuse to even allow any of your dealers to sell him the additional adapters to make it fit, then you need to let him return the product for his money back.

It doesn't matter if you like the guy or not. You either allow him to return the product for his money back, allow him to purchase purchase the additional product that will make it fit, or you are nothing more than a fraud, and you deserve to be called out as such.

Comment

• SleezyRider
                            • Dec 2011

Hey, show some amount of respect for this businessman trying to maintain a professional image- kidding, fuck this guy. send him the adapters, don't be a douche canoe, occ has built maybe ONE really nice bike, and it's only because ONE of their employees has some taste and took over the build. They douched up a panhead, nuff said, Chopperwerks is a stupid name. you are a Hipstercrite, I'm sure, suck it, fuck you, all that jazz

Comment

• SleezyRider
                              • Dec 2011

Oh, and I will drop a name. 2stroketim made me a sweet hat. I get it today, pictures will ensue

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;