Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flattrackhooligan
    • Apr 2024

I went camping up in the foothills for Labor Day weekend. I even packed a pot and pan.

Comment

• pedrodeleon
      • Feb 2012

Loaded up for a 10 day trip last June

loadedup

Comment

• Dumbphuqjim
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by rus
        ive always wished i could be that dude. im all fucking 'high maintenance' needing a pillow an shit.
        The Skateboard is a nice touch.

Comment

• andri
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by pedrodeleon
          Loaded up for a 10 day trip last June

loadedup
          What kinda bag is it you have on the back? I have been wanting something similar for a while now.

Comment

• rustrocket84
            • Aug 2009

For anybody looking for a new tent or something for camping Poler is having a sale. It's 20% off everything. www.polerstuff.com I think Billdozer has a Poler tent. I've seen some of their stuff and it's super nice. Now I have to decide what tent to buy.

Comment

• Jetblack
              • Apr 2024

I like to travel light, but I also respect the motto of: It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

I like the built in garage tent, if you're meandering around the site away from camp, you can lock up your bike in it, with a little lock running through the zipper holes. Then you don't have to worry about some Curious George retard fucking with your shit...one of those out of sight out of mind things.

Comment

• nunez8853
                • Apr 2024

Originally posted by andri
                What kinda bag is it you have on the back? I have been wanting something similar for a while now.
                dude thats a sea bag, standard issue USN those things are amazing. My pops had some and i had one when I shipped to boot but they took it from me because I got sent home on medical discharge.

any military surplus store and you can get your hands on one

Comment

• Randeezy868
                  • Mar 2010

I get out on a lot trips where were camping at one spot for the weekend. For me I have to make room for a fold out chair. Nothing like sitting around a campfire... on the ground. Doesnt take up too much space really. Sleeping bag, tent, chair, and a bag for tools/clothes/food or whatever. I pretty much take the same stuff if im going for two days or if im going for a week.

Comment

• MetalKing00
                    • Sep 2012

Another thing thsts often overlooked on long trips is a pillow. I spent a year and a half camping and my pillow and camp hammock were my two favorite things. A rolled up jacket just sucks after a few days. Real pillows are kinda bulky, but worth it.
                    Another good thing to have is some of that box wine stuff. Gets you drunk, then the bladder can be used as a canteen or inflated for use as a small pillow. Put a shirt around it and you're ready.

Comment

• andri
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by nunez8853
                      dude thats a sea bag, standard issue USN those things are amazing. My pops had some and i had one when I shipped to boot but they took it from me because I got sent home on medical discharge.

any military surplus store and you can get your hands on one

Thanks, I'll be on the look-out

Comment

• MetalKing00
                        • Sep 2012

Sea bags are money. I'm using one on this trip . The only thing that kinda sucks about em is that since they only open on the end, to get something from the bottom you either gotta pull shit out or dig around in it till you feel what you're lookin for. I want to get mine modified with a heavy duty zipper down the side.

Comment

• sociallydistorted
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MetalKing00
                          Sea bags are money. I'm using one on this trip . The only thing that kinda sucks about em is that since they only open on the end, to get something from the bottom you either gotta pull shit out or dig around in it till you feel what you're lookin for. I want to get mine modified with a heavy duty zipper down the side.
                          I took mine to a tailor and had them put a heavy duty zipper down the side, exactly like you mentioned. It works perfectly and the cost was a whole $10.00.

Comment

• MetalKing00
                            • Sep 2012

Nice, I'm gonna have to do that soon. Only thing I'm thinking is that it'll be another point for possible failure. They're pretty much bombproof the way they come, but I don't thik I've ever had a zipper that didn't fail eventually. Of course you could just puta new one in when it wears out..

Comment

• MetalKing00
                              • Sep 2012

Here's another thing to think about. From what I've read on here it's mostly been about taking trips, like, there and back. So you can pick and choose the things you bring. If you bring too much, it ain't that bad, if you forget something, you probably won't have to go too long without it. But what if your trip was for an indefinite period? This is my second time getting a bike, quitting my job and leaving to just wander around. Everything I own fits in a sea bag. If you could only pack one bag, what shit would you bring.

Here's my list. I chose to bring some thing
                              s that aren't necessary, but they're the only nice things I have and I didn't want to leave them.

Sleeping bag and pad
                              Pillow
                              A few jackets
                              Sks
                              Revolver
                              Pool cue
                              A few tools
                              Sarape
                              Clothes
                              Some rain gear
                              Rubber boots
                              Little computer
                              Phone
                              2 knives
                              Fire kit
                              Lockpicks
                              Flask
                              Paracord

I think that's about it. There's probably a few other little things. I've notice that most of my stuff isn't really useful, but it makes living on a bike more fun and a little more like home.

Comment

• ThePete
                                • Nov 2011

Last camping trip I did I definitely felt like I packed too much stuff but when I thought about it the only things I really didn't need was the bottle of hooch and the meat products in the little soft sided cooler. Pretty much everything else had to come or needed to come in the even of kind of thing (tools, duct tape 550 cord etc). I think the key is distribution, I had everything in an internal frame pack strapped to my sissy bar it made the bike a bit top heavy but nothing scary. I should have swapped my 5.56 ammo can saddle bags out for the bigger 25mm ammo cans (more space lower on the bike vs the top heavy pack) and tossed some stuff up front off the fork/bars. I'm even toying with the idea of some front wheel panniers like some of the touring cyclists use when they pedal cross country but that might just be too geeky even for me, but if I get the 25mm cans the 5.56 ones will be available or it.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;