Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePete
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by jbone357
    There are serveral camp hammocks that are rated to +400lbs and pack small.Google camp hammocks or check out hammockforrums.com there is a wealth of info on there.
    Will do Jbone, I'm just tired of ending up flat on my ass in the dirt after catostrophic failure. Last one I had was rated at 300lbs but my knife or something snagged the nylon and it ripped upen like a bag of Funions in front of a fat kid.

Comment

• IvanRoachCoach
      • Aug 2011

"...ripped upen like a bag of Funions in front of a fat kid"

Jesus, I think I just shit myself a little bit from laughing so hard at that.

Comment

• rustrocket84
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ThePete
        Will do Jbone, I'm just tired of ending up flat on my ass in the dirt after catostrophic failure. Last one I had was rated at 300lbs but my knife or something snagged the nylon and it ripped upen like a bag of Funions in front of a fat kid.
        I have an ENO Singe Rest and I really like it. Feels pretty durable and is rated at 400 pounds. Squishes down to the size of a softball. If you are heading up to the Hazzard Escape I'll have it there and unless it's raining really hard I'll be using it.

Comment

• rustrocket84
          • Aug 2009

and I've spent many nights in it wearing my jeans with at least one pocket clip of some kind in them with no problem what so ever. http://www.rei.com/product/754769/en...lenest-hammock

Comment

• ThePete
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by rustrocket84
            I have an ENO Singe Rest and I really like it. Feels pretty durable and is rated at 400 pounds. Squishes down to the size of a softball. If you are heading up to the Hazzard Escape I'll have it there and unless it's raining really hard I'll be using it.
            Unfortunately the Hazzard Escape falls on my wife's birthday or something like that. I don't remember the date of the ride off the top of my head, I just remember when it was posted up face palming and cursing the gods because I knew it was something I couldn't get out of.

Comment

• Sharky
              • Mar 2010

I'm all about my comforts when camping, But....Really???

Comment

• rooster52478
                • Aug 2010

At least you'd stay warmer for a bit until the bike cools off.

Comment

• Sharky
                  • Mar 2010

Now this looks like a great idea.

Comment

• IvanRoachCoach
                    • Aug 2011

I'm trying to keep my gear low-tech, low-buck & multi-purpose.
                    Just added a second-hand G.I. poncho liner for use as an extra tent floor cover/sleeping bag layer/what-not.
                    (something I've been meaning to do forever)

Unfortunately, with the sleeping bag, sleeping mat, backpack & tent --- I may have to end up getting a bigger motorcycle just to lug all this SHIT around on.
                    The camping gods SURELY hate ironhead pilots...

Comment

• kingdeadbeat
                      • Aug 2009

Don't overload your bike or you may potentially pull some accidental wheelies, and in turn wet any pussy that may have seen the aforementioned chopper daddy stunt move!!! jkjkjkjk

On a serious note, sleep gear,cooking shit(if needed), lighting, and some tools...pack smart/light/and small....DEADBEAT crew keeps it simple

Comment

• jorgea
                        • Apr 2024

Camping

Thanks for sharing your camping list here at http://www.chopcult.com

Comment

• IvanRoachCoach
                          • Aug 2011

Shit on a stick!
                          That Evo Sporty yanking wheelies is actually loaded down HEAVIER than my IH.

Comment

• surfbum
                            • Aug 2011

That is a righteous pic

Comment

• HRK123
                              • Mar 2012

Went camping at Burlingame state park last month. Could probably get away with half the amount of shit I took with me, wasn't sure if the weather would hold out though.

Comment

• shitbike
                                • Aug 2011

Here's some photos of the trip a buddy and I took to bonneville for speedweek last august. Rained HARD Friday and turned everything into a soupy, muddy mess, but it was still worth it. I'll be back next year for sure.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;