Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldNbold
    • Oct 2014

I just worked my way through this thread and really enjoyed it. I stole some pretty darn good ideas.

Comment

• mantree
      • May 2015

as for the coffee conundrum i have used the tea bag style and they work but if you want good coffee they sell insulated single serving french presses and all you need is coffee and hot water.

Comment

• cisco
        • Aug 2012

This is a great thread. Thanks to everyone. I motorcycle camped twice this year and the tips really helped.
        1st went to a vintage motorbike rally here in Pars Ontario Canada. Then this past wknd went to another BSA Owners Club (who knew they even existed) and had a fun time.

Paris rally used a tarp.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	smaller1824.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	1284120

BSA meet I brought a $38. Craigslist tent.......38 is a good luck number to Chinese so she wanted that. 4 man but need it cuz my size and air pad fits diagonally along with all the other crap. Oh my fuel cel holds 'me fuel'... blueberry tequila.

Comment

• cisco
          • Aug 2012

Name:	smaller181.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	1284121

Name:	smaller1826.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	1284122

Glad for the tall sissy bar. Became a nice backrest with all the soft stuff put behind my back.

Comment

• mcclane
            • Jan 2013

so i went on a weekend trip with a buddy, it was fun as hell...

photo 6ECE6133-BA4F-458D-907D-563F67FAD3B1_zpsea9f4pzb.jpg

photo B8360567-D6DE-43AE-B745-57090BA32548_zps89usdvlg.jpg

photo CDE08706-C238-4A1B-B336-E4019367B525_zps74gk9oip.jpg

photo 79B29666-CFB8-4FE9-8B6E-14D630518C42_zpsjt8cemv4.jpg

photo 035D2FD6-7886-4F29-8512-F56EDC76E2C6_zps9ldeoxhl.jpg

photo EF6A65AD-B2AC-4A1A-AD5A-CBF179F80655_zpskpf7qpew.jpg

photo 73FE0609-5C07-4EE7-8410-9A0B7037AF8D_zps9dup2rr3.jpg

photo 2902A246-47D7-49D9-9BD0-2695F4888CCE_zpsjjnwupdc.jpg

photo CCE712C9-9281-49C1-B199-E3391499F610.png_zps7ifeulia.jpeg

photo EBA6A86E-FCE7-4196-80DD-07DBB3C0683E_zpscmd4vh9e.jpg

photo 227B35C7-14DE-4BF9-B19B-AE95852BD02C_zpssktjledu.jpg

photo 39DE1298-B10D-4844-8EF4-5D1BD8CA1AE9_zpsfedbfykk.jpg

photo 24ECFC34-7B17-4C8B-A6A0-C446758C72E9_zpstzxkumr3.jpg

photo E5E53D6B-32F4-4E3A-9DBC-B837297C3092_zpspsmcesyu.jpg

photo 0DF14DB0-1F91-4F5B-BF84-507A2D31AC6A_zpsrtlrarwq.jpg

photo 21C7CDDE-2B0F-4811-B6EB-0BAE491AA3C6_zpsevj42jhf.jpg

photo A8FB6A2A-DA8B-4C35-8DF2-7923C0AC4FFA_zps25nuakw9.jpg

photo 862C8EDA-B40E-4A99-905A-7A4E32D439DD_zpsmmrzb8us.jpg

photo 5FA8CFA0-330A-4CD6-9861-22158B35A1E8_zps2z46aw0d.jpg

photo B9ABE3FF-4B51-47EF-B457-CBC74948C144_zpsomeppfxz.jpg

photo CD9A5C00-065E-48E0-8472-CA4224D88CC6.png_zpssvj1ecow.jpeg

Comment

• cisco
              • Aug 2012

Haha! Good times! Great build you have there. Specially luv the tail light and what looks like some kinda custom blat pipe. Bet no other bike sounds like that one. Any vids to hear how she sounds?

Comment

• Magnificentbastard
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by mcclane
                so i went on a weekend trip with a buddy, it was fun as hell...
                Dude... is that in Germany?
                If so how the fuck did you not get pulled over by the cops? I wanted to take a trip to my parents in stuttgart but everybody adviced me not to because I wouldn't even get over the boarder with a bike without mirrors indicators and no baffles.

Fucking gnarly bike btw!

Comment

• mcclane
                  • Jan 2013

Yeah thanks guys...

Cisco there are some Short Clips on instagram #DieKawa

Magnificentbastard: your friends are absolutely right; german cops and laws are really mean and some day i definatly will have to pay for my ignorant and outlawish behavior. But damn; i don't want to live in a World where you get fucked up for every stupid Little thing just because it's fun. No way; i ride it like i've fucking built it. Thats it ✌🏻️😉

Comment

• Pendulum
                    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by mcclane
                    Yeah thanks guys...

Cisco there are some Short Clips on instagram #DieKawa

Magnificentbastard: your friends are absolutely right; german cops and laws are really mean and some day i definatly will have to pay for my ignorant and outlawish behavior. But damn; i don't want to live in a World where you get fucked up for every stupid Little thing just because it's fun. No way; i ride it like i've fucking built it. Thats it ✌��️��
                    Found a Patriot. Come on home, brother. We'll have Coors, BBQ, and an American flag waiting for ya.

Comment

• mcclane
                      • Jan 2013

Haha thats the best comment i ever read. And man, you're so damn right. Love the whole kustom kulture you have, and i think that really separates the USA from the every other Country in the world. There is no Second place in this world which understands the whole thing of what we are doing not even nearly that good as you do, wether it's cars or bikes or whatever , just because you got the Stones rolling. Thanks for that guys.

Comment

• seaking
                        • Jul 2013

Any you dudes break out the gear this year? I hate camping. Always miserable sleeping on the ground, so I bought a cheap hammock and a sleeping bag from wal-mart. My sub-zero bag rolled out of my dad's popup on the road and someone was fast enough to snatch it in the span of five minutes it was on the roadside. So a fifty degree bag and two pair long grundies was what I had, and I stuffed hand-warmers in my feet, legs, armpits, and taped one to my belly. My back froze but everything else was OK, even hot! It's hard to tour on the cheap, even KOA was $27 for the night and I didn't want to pay that. Next time I'll get a space blanket to lay on and keep the heat in the hammock. Possibly a tarp or a mosquito net.

I packed:

Two pair winter gloves, one gets wet.
                        Mosquito gas stove, small pot/fork/spoon
                        Cup
                        Full rain gear, snagged cheap at walmart. Threw the pants out when I slid across the pavement in Lexington.
                        Two full hunting packs (of twelve?) hand-warmers, used both full packs. Temps were maybe above 55, usually 48-55F
                        Dinty-Moore beef stew from gas stations
                        6 pack of beer
                        1 pint whisky (didn't drink the whole thing in 5 days)
                        1 pack earplugs
                        Maps of each state (you'll lose service or a charge at some point)
                        Two sets of thermal underwear (top/bottom)
                        1 pair jeans.
                        1 hoody.
                        1 tshirt.
                        Newspapers dry your boots/clothing when wet.
                        Cover your leathers/boots, smother them, in mink oil before you leave so that they repel water.
                        1 roll duct tape for taping tattered rain gear and cuffs of arms to prevent water infiltration.
                        1 pair sunglasses.

This poor bastard was camping next door and started a fire after two hours asleep, freezing temps with no blankets/bag on the floor of his tent--14 hours straight on the road the prior day riding we went and checked out wheels through time. He rode the entire FL panhandle and out to Baton Rouge before we ran into each other in Asheville, NC--kind of an odd dude but nice to meet someone crazy as me, I rode 12 hours the day prior in a rainstorm and lowsided in Lexington, KY; I think fatigue stopped me from controlling my power on slick roads. That and the S is too low, my feeler pegs are non-existent after a season of riding so I upgraded:

Comment

• Braaap
                          • May 2013

Originally posted by seaking
                          Any you dudes break out the gear this year? I hate camping. Always miserable sleeping on the ground, so I bought a cheap hammock and a sleeping bag from wal-mart. My sub-zero bag rolled out of my dad's popup on the road and someone was fast enough to snatch it in the span of five minutes it was on the roadside. So a fifty degree bag and two pair long grundies was what I had, and I stuffed hand-warmers in my feet, legs, armpits, and taped one to my belly. My back froze but everything else was OK, even hot! It's hard to tour on the cheap, even KOA was $27 for the night and I didn't want to pay that. Next time I'll get a space blanket to lay on and keep the heat in the hammock. Possibly a tarp or a mosquito net.

I packed:

Two pair winter gloves, one gets wet.
                          Mosquito gas stove, small pot/fork/spoon
                          Cup
                          Full rain gear, snagged cheap at walmart. Threw the pants out when I slid across the pavement in Lexington.
                          Two full hunting packs (of twelve?) hand-warmers, used both full packs. Temps were maybe above 55, usually 48-55F
                          Dinty-Moore beef stew from gas stations
                          6 pack of beer
                          1 pint whisky (didn't drink the whole thing in 5 days)
                          1 pack earplugs
                          Maps of each state (you'll lose service or a charge at some point)
                          Two sets of thermal underwear (top/bottom)
                          1 pair jeans.
                          1 hoody.
                          1 tshirt.
                          Newspapers dry your boots/clothing when wet.
                          Cover your leathers/boots, smother them, in mink oil before you leave so that they repel water.
                          1 roll duct tape for taping tattered rain gear and cuffs of arms to prevent water infiltration.
                          1 pair sunglasses.

This poor bastard was camping next door and started a fire after two hours asleep, freezing temps with no blankets/bag on the floor of his tent--14 hours straight on the road the prior day riding we went and checked out wheels through time. He rode the entire FL panhandle and out to Baton Rouge before we ran into each other in Asheville, NC--kind of an odd dude but nice to meet someone crazy as me, I rode 12 hours the day prior in a rainstorm and lowsided in Lexington, KY; I think fatigue stopped me from controlling my power on slick roads. That and the S is too low, my feeler pegs are non-existent after a season of riding so I upgraded:

You need a sleeping pad to insulate your body sleeping on the ground, or in a hammock.

Sick looking bike.

Comment

• seaking
                            • Jul 2013

Thanks! It's a bad bitch, it'll nip at the heels of an FJ09, my buddy wheelies EVERY. TAKEOFF. Like "hey dude you didn't have one stop where you didn't wheelie out of it" he just laughs. No remorse. He'd be better off with a unicycle--he's all ready fractured one fork lower "mount", whatever (they're inverted forks).

I just prefer packing light, the sleeping pad wouldn't take up much room but it's gonna slip down while I'm sleeping and feel like a sewn-on insulator would be better. Usually when I'm packing I'll get everything packed, pull it apart and re-organize it like tetris and pull one or two items out--then you're prepared, but not unencumbered. I still end up picking up shit on the road, like that 6-pack of beer.

Comment

• Braaap
                              • May 2013

Originally posted by seaking
                              Thanks! It's a bad bitch, it'll nip at the heels of an FJ09, my buddy wheelies EVERY. TAKEOFF. Like "hey dude you didn't have one stop where you didn't wheelie out of it" he just laughs. No remorse. He'd be better off with a unicycle--he's all ready fractured one fork lower "mount", whatever (they're inverted forks).

I just prefer packing light, the sleeping pad wouldn't take up much room but it's gonna slip down while I'm sleeping and feel like a sewn-on insulator would be better. Usually when I'm packing I'll get everything packed, pull it apart and re-organize it like tetris and pull one or two items out--then you're prepared, but not unencumbered. I still end up picking up shit on the road, like that 6-pack of beer.
                              There are some pretty cool integrated systems that use a sleeve on the underside of the sleeping bag to prevent that slipping. Check out Nemo and Big Agnes... I always kept my sleeping pad rolled up on the side of my backpack on the sissy, or strapped to the pack just behind my lumbar area, so I can lean back on the pad a little. I've slept in snow caves with nothing but a sleeping bag and pad, totally fine.

Comment

• Anthiron
                                • Mar 2016

Hammocks are where it's at. Been using them for years either with or without the bike. Its my number one camping choice.
                                I have been known to sleep on the ground under a tarp too.

Always pays to have a first aid kit. Mine always contains minimum of 2 big compression bandages for snake bites. (Australia has a lot of snakes)

Tool kit containing everything I need to remove either wheel, remove and install anything I might need to, puncture kit and CO2 inflator, zip ties, duct tape, bailing wire, loctite.

I always have a good book. Even if I don't read it while camping it is handy to have something to do if you get stuck somewhere etc.

I use a Trangia to cook and eat out of because i can use it over a fire or burn metho or pretty much anything. If your jet boil fuel runs out then you are screwed. I pack a brew kit in the trangia and carry a bottle of fuel which changes in size depending on how many times I will need the stove.

Roll your spare shirts, jocks and socks up in a sock roll like this to save space and make a change of clothes easy to find. https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2014/0...e-simple-ball/
                                usually one pair of jeans (Worn) and a pair of shorts if it is summer.

I've wired a usb charger to my sportster and will do the same to my shovel when its on the road. Just use an anderson plug to connect it when you need it.
                                Running a single small bag on the left side which has a spare fuel bottle (Made by La Rosa) and a Sweat Shop industries Rambo duffell bag on my sissy bar. I can go for weeks on this setup. heaps of space. Everything is packed in waterproof roll sacks with like items so its simple to find things. Use different colour bags to seperate toiletries from phone chargers and stuff if you are into that.

Couple of pictures.

Nicko

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;