Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justinspace
    • Jan 2010

i wrap bailing wire around my kickstart lever. last year it saved us when drews battery took a dump. made jumper cables with it. just dont touch the two together...

and tyvec house wrap is pretyy cool, my kids made sleeping bags out of it in boyscouts. you can wash them to soften up the material. and if you know a siding guy you can score it for free...
    i thought about a small pup tent out of the stuff but haven goten that big of a hanakerin to sew that stuff up..

550 cord keychains are cool too.
    This hand made item is 3.0 inches long from loop to button, and made from 550 military parachute cord. The button is black and is from the ACU\/BDU. If you are looking for another size, please message me and I can make one for you to your specifications

or you can leave the tent at home, heres how i pass out...

Comment

• gyro
      • Oct 2010

heres mine packed up for a trip. Colorado is hard to pack for when riding in the mountains cause you never know what you get as far as weather goes so I brought everything.
      Attached Files

Comment

• no1
        • Sep 2009

My recent trip

Last edited by no1; 01-14-2011, 3:50 PM.

Comment

• Deadly0001
          • Sep 2010

My list of camping necessities

I love camping but never camped out on a motorcycle until I went to the Slab City Riot 2. You take for granted the amount of space you have on a truck/car than you do on a motorcycle. anyway. this is my list:

1. One-man/ two-man tent purchased at Big 5 sporting goods on sale for approximately 30 dollars (weighs about 3.5 pounds only)

2. a 6' x 8' tarp (to lay on the group under tent in case ground is wet or to cover tent to prevent rain from wetting your tent). Believe me it comes in handy.

3. Wool blanket or a mexican blanket (sarape) it comes in handy for the cold weather.

4. mummy sleeping bag (very compact and light) but warm and comfortable.

5. Military mess kit (plate, cup and utensils) you can purchase at military surplus.

6. mini flash light and glow sticks. come in handy at night so you can locate your tent in the dark.

7. toilet paper (very important unless you want to use leaves or tree branches, not recommended) baby wipes for a quick shower, you can get them at any dollar tree or 99 cent stores.

8. Breakfast bars, again very handy in case you get hungry and can't start a fire to cook. can be found at any dollar tree.

9. nylon paracord, you would be surprised how many times you wish you carried rope for tying down tent, etc.

10. Cellphone, very important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Basic survival kit including canteen with water, first aid and medication. (believe me, i had a kidney transplant and i must take meds for life. medic alert bracelet or custom dogtags with medical info such as blood type, alergies, in case you need emergency medical treatment.[/SIZE]
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Deadly0001; 01-17-2011, 12:24 PM. Reason: font too big

Comment

• Deadly0001
            • Sep 2010

nice video for your information

Comment

• deadman13
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by 198iron
              solar showers roll up tight and you can fillem up anywhere, one hour in the sun and you got a warm shower. Comes in handy when picking up on the local hoodrats
              that for you or the hoodrats?

Comment

• SeaChicken
                • Oct 2010

I haven't done any camping on my bike yet, but I will probably take a 3 day back pack with my gear and a tarp. I have done plenty of long hiking trips, camping, and hunting growing up in the northwest and if it doesn't fit on my back I don't take it.

Comment

• rustrocket84
                  • Aug 2009

That alcohol can thing was cool, but I think I'd cut my hand shortly before I figure out that I don't have any rubbing alcohol with me. On the flip side a can of Sterno is easy to pack and will do the same thing. I prefer a can opener and a metal spork to go along with a can of beans or some kind of Chef Boyardee pasta stuff (no heat needed).

Comment

• choppercharlie
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MileHighMurdercycle

I carry a tent, beer, a pop-up canopy, ice chest, folding chairs, beer, portable tunes (car stereo), beer, tools, and beer..... Ha ha.... What a pussy....
                    Well, the rest of us love ya for it.

Comment

• longbikelonnie
                      • Dec 2010

If i were you i would go over to the iamdonwood blog spot and get yourself one o his amazing bed rolls. They will last forever and they are water proof and rugged as hell.
                      iamdonwood.blogspot.com/
                      just my 2 cents

Comment

• gyro
                        • Oct 2010

baby wipes are a must. and I would recomend a few of those clif bars or something like that they dont take much room and will hold you over till you can get somewhere to eat. also I like the quick disconnect power source for cell phone charger I got to try to set one of them up.

Comment

• choppercharlie
                          • Jan 2010

Condoms.

Comment

• billdozer
                            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by justbrian
                            Not to pile on with "you forgots", but the one thing I would never go camp without that's not on your list is a decent compact first aid kit. A little burn relief cream, asprin, antihistamine, tweezers, bandaids, gauze, etc. can make life a lot more bearable. I've got a little REI kit that's great.
                            Good point on this. I bring a reduced kit generally or throw a big kit in if we have a chase truck. Never hurts to have a SAM splint and some butterflies too, I've used 'em both on trips, luckily on others.

Comment

• choppercharlie
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by billdozer
                              Good point on this. I bring a reduced kit generally or throw a big kit in if we have a chase truck. Never hurts to have a SAM splint and some butterflies too, I've used 'em both on trips, luckily on others.
                              Fuck chase trucks!

Comment

• Deadly0001
                                • Sep 2010

how bout a credit card. charge it!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;