Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brooklynbomber
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by IvanRoachCoach
    While I can appreciate the Thermarest's superior quality, I'm on a budget & my trusty G.I. foam mat roll will have to do.
    While I hate the idea of a garbage bag flapping around in the breeze, I may have to go that route unless I can find a narrow enough duffel.
    The mat rolls down to 24" long X 6" around.
    your trip is going to be annoying enough if your riding around in the rain. a trash bag keeping your shit dry should be the last of your worries. Ideally they are packed away if you know the weather is clear.

Comment

• shitbike
      • Aug 2011

Some pics of a recent trip in northern Idaho:

Comment

• brooklynbomber
        • Sep 2011

Fuck yeah dude. Great shots. Rad sissy bars too.

Comment

• Trigger
          • Jan 2012

Not sure if this is considered spamming or not. Please delete if it is.

I was invited to be a member of a website that has killer deals on camping and other outdoor crap. They have some light weight sleeping bags for 50% off right now. The premise of the site is they only have these deals for a few days then they rotate to something else.

If you are interested give me a PM.

Comment

• MegaMike
            • Mar 2012

Born Free Camping... Debating on taking my tent, or just tarp it? Since I do not have reservations, I have a feeling I might be riding a while to find a spot.

Comment

• Motorradfahrer
              • Aug 2009

Just bring your sleeping bag and find a snuggle buddy!

Comment

• IvanRoachCoach
                • Aug 2011

This is video from our last Florida Bastards group ride.
                As loaded down as my bike is (the black ironhead with TALL brass risers), I was staying at a motel --- I can't imagine how much shit I'll have to lug with me when I rough it later this year.

Comment

• Isgro
                  • Aug 2009

Here's my setup. I've got the cargo net from a 2004 Isuzu Trooper that I wrap everything in. I've got my tent, a compact sleeping bag in a 10L dry bag, some clothes in a 30L dry bag (not full), a pair of shoes, my Thermarest Neo-Air, rain gear, and a small bag with toiletry stuff, phone charger and utensils. It all gets strapped down to the bike with tension straps. I hook the front hooks onto the edge of the seat and I've got loops tied to the frame under the seat where I hook to in the back.

Camp setup last weekend in Vermont at the Wicked Pilgrim Run...

Comment

• Jesse13
                    • Nov 2010

Anyone have any suggestions on a good tent ,1-2 man . I don't wanna spend a ton of dough , But i want something that will last more then a few trips . And something that packs up small . I have bought walmart tents in the past but they only last one or 2 trips before i chuck it !

Thanks for any help ,

Comment

• ThePete
                      • Nov 2011

I've had good luck with Eureka tents, I've got a 2 man I've been using for about 10+ years off and on. My advise is to take a look at Campmor or one of the other discount sporting good stores that sells actual mountaineering and hiking gear. Big 5, Walmart, and most other department store tents are garbage. Eureka makes the tents the Marines use so you know they're going to be pretty decent tents (but not totally grunt proof). There are some others out there that are good but its all up to what you want to pay.

1 - Light Weight
                      2 - Strong
                      3- Inexpensive

Now choose 2.

Comment

• MegaMike
                        • Mar 2012

I just picked up a 2 person tent (Passage 2) from REI yesterday. $120. There is a sale until the 8th. Good deal. Great tent.

Comment

• rustrocket84
                          • Aug 2009

Not sure what your price range is, but www.tarptent.com has some sweet super light, small tents that are awesome. I've been drooling over the contrail model for quite some time now. A friend has one that he backpacks with and loves it. My favorite is a Northface Peregrine. Sierra Trading Post has them http://www.sierratradingpost.com/per...-face~p~88230/ I've had this tent for over ten years and it's still hands down the best tent I own.

Comment

• Jesse13
                            • Nov 2010

COOL thanks guy's ! Im gonna check it out now !

Comment

• interstatejoe
                              • Jul 2011

Check REI, I picked up a 2 person tent for 99 bucks. Its more like 1 person plus room for your gear but it packs up super small.

BCFFBC

Comment

• rustrocket84
                                • Aug 2009

correction sierra trading post is sold out

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;