Clear All
  • Loaf
    • Dec 2009

Packed for the Dixie Round Up.

Check out my blog:

Comment

• edward
      • Aug 2009

if your trip has perfect sleeping and riding weather camping is relatively simple. but....if you're on the road for a few days it's likely you'll need some stuff. rain gear, a good tent and bag take up space. Soaking clothes, cold nights and the like suck. long story short space is your friend so i added some.

another benefit is the ability to carry important stuff once the camp is set up.

Comment

• nglshbiker
        • Aug 2009

Nice!!!! - looking up the Touratech site now - thank you!

Originally posted by edward
        if your trip has perfect sleeping and riding weather camping is relatively simple. but....if you're on the road for a few days it's likely you'll need some stuff. rain gear, a good tent and bag take up space. Soaking clothes, cold nights and the like suck. long story short space is your friend so i added some.

another benefit is the ability to carry important stuff once the camp is set up.

Comment

• Stabler
          • Jan 2011

Love the priorities in the Touratech. Could've been me.

Comment

• TyroninFXR
            • Sep 2011

Nice Edward, functional and looks great.

Comment

• Hutch
              • Sep 2009

Took my first camping trip on my bike this weekend, it was only one night, but it was kind of a test run for Memorial Day weekend when I'm out for 4 or 5 days. I had so much fun and can't wait to do it again.

Comment

• rooster52478
                • Aug 2010

I'll be going on my first motorcycle camping trip where we haven't had a chase truck for gear. It's kind of last minute so I don't have a chance to order a small 1 man tent. Looks like I'll be taking a tarp and and air mattress. Hopefully with enough beer I'll get at least a little bit of good sleep.

Comment

• ThePete
                  • Nov 2011

I think I need to pull all the gear I have out of my AMAL cans and fit it up to the bike. Gotta double check everything to make sure I've still got what I think I have. Dumb ass old man said he'd clear out my storage locker when he sent me some stuff when I was overseas so I could stop paying for a locker when I only had a few things in it. I lost a lot of good gear, titanium MSR stove & cook set, $3800 mountain bike, BOB trailer, $2500 worth of dive gear, a crap load of pro-gear I got before going into the military that I was given for product testing from some good companies (Gregory, Keilty, Lowe Alpine, Scuba Pro, Bontrager, Ritchey etc) full Park Tools master mechanics set and a Sega Genisis.

Didn't even give me a proper apology. Fuck it, I'd even take him on a fly fishing trip if I think it would patch things up, but its always excuses.

Sent from your prison purse.

Comment

• KurseD
                    • Apr 2010

Not my video, but there are many of these "Bottle Stoves" out there, and lots of info on making them. I've got a case we're emptying out now to make our own. When I test them out, I'll post up more on my gear.

Comment

• Townson
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by dazegoneby
                      exactly how i do it when no tent is around,oil on head, well bike marking it,s territory hahaha
                      better hope a rattlesnake doesn't crawl under there with you lol

Comment

• googoomuck123
                        • Feb 2011

Turned 21 in December and decided to take my first trip through the states. Solo'd from Vancouver, BC down to Hermosa beach, California, then back. Took hwy 101 & 1 both ways, camping along the way.

Things that i will leave at home next time.
                        * Small camping cookware, takes up too much room. 1 metal mug would do just fine.
                        * Extra clothes, ended up wearing the same shit every single day anyways.
                        * Turn signals, put them on for a little extra safety since ive never ridden in the states before, never used them once.

Imprtant things not to forget at home.
                        *Mexiblanket saved my back, small scout tarp rolled inside, reversed when it rained.
                        *Small scout tarp, kept the torrential rains in oregon from absolutley soaking through my tent.
                        *Axe, state parks charge about 5 - 7$ for a tiny bundle of about 1.5 hours of firewood.
                        *Bubble shield, Never had one and just bandana'd the whole way, goggles in the rain. Came back with a nasty little case of windburn/sunburn on the exposed parts of my face.
                        *Good rain gear, I had a walmart yellow top/bottom that sucked ass, spent 2 fucking freezing wet days riding though orgeon soaked to the bone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bike trip & mexico_0025.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	1255229

Name:	bike trip & mexico_0006.jpg
Size:	302.2 KB
ID:	1255230

Name:	bike trip & mexico_0024.jpg
Size:	278.6 KB
ID:	1255231
                        Last edited by googoomuck123; 05-24-2012, 2:03 PM.

Comment

• IvanRoachCoach
                          • Aug 2011

For a COMPLETE & compact kitchen --- not just a "cooking set" --- you can't beat the Swedish military military mess kits made by Trangia and SVEA.
                          They come with (and break down into) a simple Trangia burner (uses denatured, or even rubbing, alcohol), windscreen with built-in & folding pot-stand legs, large pot, large pan & fuel bottle.
                          The curved rod that holds the whole thing together is attached to the large pan & is actually a bail/handle if you want to hang it over a fire to simmer.
                          You can still fit a scouring pad/Scotch-Brite for clean-ups, a large clotch napkin, a fire-starting kit, utensils & a Ziploc bag full of your favorite condiments into it.
                          The whole thing fits perfectly into a military surplus 2-quart canteen cover.

Comment

• ThePete
                            • Nov 2011

Now thats a cool little kit, I think I may have to pick one of those up sometime.

Comment

• rustrocket84
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by googoomuck123
                              Turned 21 in December and decided to take my first trip through the states. Solo'd from Vancouver, BC down to Hermosa beach, California, then back. Took hwy 101 & 1 both ways, camping along the way.

Things that i will leave at home next time.
                              * Small camping cookware, takes up too much room. 1 metal mug would do just fine.
                              * Extra clothes, ended up wearing the same shit every single day anyways.
                              * Turn signals, put them on for a little extra safety since ive never ridden in the states before, never used them once.

Imprtant things not to forget at home.
                              *Mexiblanket saved my back, small scout tarp rolled inside, reversed when it rained.
                              *Small scout tarp, kept the torrential rains in oregon from absolutley soaking through my tent.
                              *Axe, state parks charge about 5 - 7$ for a tiny bundle of about 1.5 hours of firewood.
                              *Bubble shield, Never had one and just bandana'd the whole way, goggles in the rain. Came back with a nasty little case of windburn/sunburn on the exposed parts of my face.
                              *Good rain gear, I had a walmart yellow top/bottom that sucked ass, spent 2 fucking freezing wet days riding though orgeon soaked to the bone.

[ATTACH]26413[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26414[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26415[/ATTACH]

I never thought of covering my bike at night. I've had some shitty rains, but I'm definitely going to take this and run with it. Frog Togg's rain suits are thin and easily packed down and do a damn good job keeping you dry. I carry a can of sterno or my jetboil system.

Comment

• KurseD
                                • Apr 2010

Tour Pack = Jumbo Cooler from Wal Mart @ $18

It's lined with plastic so should be pretty water tight, if not I'll trash bag it. Also has a hard plastic internal box.

Still figuring out the straps

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;