Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gigastatt
    • Aug 2009

Magoo, the copper tank was nice as it was hand built and polished. However, I could never wrap my head around the the way it looked on the backbone. This new Aluminum tank captures the essence of the rest of the machine and blends in rather than looking like a piece of jewelry in the middle of the bike. Nice choice changing it up. I am anxious to see the paint scheme pay homage to the race car as that funny car was one of my favorites growing up. Tim

Comment

• NeoDutch
      • Aug 2009

Huge improvement over the copper one.

Comment

• buddha000
        • Jul 2011

The Cole Foster tank is amazing, because Mr. Foster is an artiste. But I think the copper tank was more suited to the bike build as a whole. The swooping lines of the profile, the transition between the tank and the seat and the overhead shape all integrated well with the bike. I still want to see the copper tank with some paint to neutralize some of the "blinginess" of the shine. But then again so much on this bike is cool, retro-like and shiny... My vote is still with t he copper tank.

Comment

• Helwade
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by buddha000
          The Cole Foster tank is amazing, because Mr. Foster is an artiste. But I think the copper tank was more suited to the bike build as a whole. The swooping lines of the profile, the transition between the tank and the seat and the overhead shape all integrated well with the bike. I still want to see the copper tank with some paint to neutralize some of the "blinginess" of the shine. But then again so much on this bike is cool, retro-like and shiny... My vote is still with t he copper tank.
          If selecting the tank for my custom motorcycle were a democratic process, you would be in the minority, Buddha. Sorry!

EVERYONE who has seen the bike live with both tanks installed has preferred the alloy tank.

The copper tank hangs with pride in my area of the Biltwell shop, just waiting for a bike that makes better sense for its steam punk styling. I loved that tank, but it was too showy and thematic for what is essentially an Evo chopper. I think the copper tank belongs on a knucklehead. something I will NEVER own.

Thanks to everyone for weighing in.

Josh starts paint late May… stay tuned.

Comment

• Flatheadsoup
            • Feb 2011

I miss the Copper tank already...

Comment

• Helwade
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Flatheadsoup
              I miss the Copper tank already...
              For teary eyed romantics and lovers of all things handcrafted and original, the copper tank on SpartanKiller is for sale, with all proceeds going to fallen comrade and tank's builder Jason Wilson.

Place your bid on this tread.

Bidding starts at $400, no reserve.

High bid listed by midnight April 25 gets the goods.

Free Freight to CONUS

No international bids accepted.

Let the auction begin.

Last edited by Helwade; 04-10-2013, 8:11 AM.

Comment

• djmfnk
                • Aug 2009

if i had 400 in my bank account id be all over this. i love jason. hes a good dude, and a great kisser.

Comment

• Beardedrev
                  • Jun 2012

I'll start the opening bid at $450

Comment

• capionmc
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Helwade
                    For teary eyed romantics and lovers of all things handcrafted and original, the copper tank on SpartanKiller is for sale, with all proceeds going to fallen comrade and tank's builder Jason Wilson.

Place your bid on this tread.

Bidding starts at $400, no reserve.

High bid listed by midnight April 25 gets the goods.

Free Freight to CONUS

No international bids accepted.

Let the auction begin.

I would sell my kids for that tank! Thankfully it's not available outside the USA! I hope the lucky guy pays a shed load for it.

Comment

• Helwade
                      • Feb 2013

Bump. Come on guys… this is for a good cause.

Comment

• Helwade
                        • Feb 2013

This took six months longer than it should have, but I blame no one by myself for my suckness.

Two bro's who earned massive props for their respective contribution to my never ending SpartanKiller's metamorphosis are Cole Foster and Pete at Hot Dog Kustoms.

Cole as you know graciously blasted out the alloy tank shown elsewhere on this thread, and Pete laid the '78 Mongoose funnycar-inspired paint scheme featured in the photos that follow.

When I return from my Christmas holiday in Asia on 12/26, I'll shine up this turd and roll it out at the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona, CA, early February 2014.

I'm bothering to enter my first bike show with this unit on pressure from Duane Ballard, who always likes going to these sorts of things. He's an old model builder from back in the day, so posing next to silly sets is part of his DNA.

I can picture some smoky angel hair rolling off the back tire like some sort of crazy back show at the drag races…

Thanks again to everyone who helped me get this bitch looking tight and tidy.

Love,

Harold

Comment

• seaking
                          • Jul 2013

Man this bike sucks, it's just....so.....nineties. Yellow plug wires? pheh.

Fuck this bike is nice, great to see it back up. great job.

Comment

• Motorradfahrer
                            • Aug 2009

Wow! The paint looks great! Please roll this thing outside during the Biltwell garage sale in January. I'd love to see it up close.

Comment

• planksta
                              • Oct 2013

Looks like a blast to ride, awesome bike!

Comment

• ARBY
                                • Apr 2024

Nice job. A lot of very fine work went into that.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;