Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doom
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ibuiltmine
    did you get a title with it for the 300 bucks? just curios.
    I only paid $250 and yes. That was with a title. Wouldnt have bought it without one for that price.

Comment

• ibuiltmine
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by doom
      I only paid $250 and yes. That was with a title. Wouldnt have bought it without one for that price.
      Nice! Gonna be a fun project!

Comment

• TheJoe
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by doom
        well I have done alot of cleaning and quite a bit of painting. Still not much to show for it though since everything is in boxes. After painting the frame I decided to go ahead and bob the rear and get rid of the passenger peg mounts. figured since the old ladys all prego and shit she wont be on the bike for a long time so fuckem. Looks better with out them. Bike should start coming together fast once parts come in.
        I made it a point to get my wife over 100 mph on the back of my bike while she was pregnant. My Pa pulled that shit on a dirt road with no hands with my pregnant mom on the back, and look at me now; must've stuck, I guess.

Comment

• doom
          • Dec 2010

well I didnt get much more done, atleast not worth a picture. Painted the oil bag, cleaned the rims and dropped off the hubs, rims and spokes to my dads for him to lace. And I ordered some shit from cyclex, cb750 supply and ebaby. Also headed to my local shop www.spikesshineshop.com to get a few discontinued parts of a parts bike and shoot the shit. Should look more like a bike here right quick.

Anyone know if a cb350 tank will fit on a cb750 frame??

Comment

• ibuiltmine
            • Jun 2010

cb350 to cb750 I think it would be close. I stepped out and looked at my 350 and my 750 frames. but I dont have any stock tanks. they look close, even though the 350 has the stamped backbone and the 750 is tube. I dont htink the mounts will line up though. will have to move them a bit.

Comment

• doom
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ibuiltmine
              cb350 to cb750 I think it would be close. I stepped out and looked at my 350 and my 750 frames. but I dont have any stock tanks. they look close, even though the 350 has the stamped backbone and the 750 is tube. I dont htink the mounts will line up though. will have to move them a bit.
              Thanks for the info. might try a 500 4 tank. looking for a quick fit. I just hate the size and shape of the 78 750 tank. worst case scenerio the shop has a 74 tank that is nice that looks better then the 78 but its still big.

Comment

• GCLE
                • May 2011

Are you using the stock handlebar with risers? What about using a dead blow and "adjusting" the tank to work or do what you want it to do?
                Attached Files

Comment

• doom
                  • Dec 2010

Stock tank has a dent at the back of the filler flap. Cant use a hammer to adjust that lol. Also cant fill it because its also setting the flap crooked.

For bars i just bought a set of 7/8 moto bars without a crossbar on ebay for next to nothing.

Comment

• Joneo
                    • Apr 2024

cb 750

I had two of thesebikes over the years,{sohc}both where reliable and bullit proof,couldnt get either one to die,,,,hahaha realy I ran the piss,out of them,one thing learned, if you run like 10 over front end on stock frame with no rake(sudo chop)it will want to drop you on your side ,in curves,,,made it WAY to top heavy ,,,also the both of those would run all day on reg gas,,,my trump dosent like the piss gas has turned into,,also hide 2,3 toggles in line, that way without the proper CODEno one could figure out how to get it started,,,gear it up for highway,, drop few teeth off rear sprocket will let it cruise highway speed without turning high rpms,,,my sudo chop had drag bike gears ,,,real fast up to 65 then at 70 was wound up tight due to gearing,,,also recomend kirker 4into1 pipes makes big difference,drags with baffles look cool but the kirker makes that 4 sing,,,get it dialed in and it ought to last a long time,,,,hope the prior mechanic didnt leave any more surprises for you,,my 2 cents
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-24-2011, 9:40 AM.

Comment

• doom
                      • Dec 2010

you wanna know whats worse then wrestling a cb750 motor into the frame by yourself?? Realizing after its in your dad never finished polishing the valve cover so you forgot to install it.

Comment

• livingdeadmc
                        • Apr 2024

Ewww that sucks...my boy and I did his 500/4 and it took the two if us a bit to do it....I couldn't imagine a larger motor and by myself...fuck that! Can't wait to see ur ride tho...

Comment

• pinpush
                          • Dec 2010

those motors are hellish to get out by yourself, I yanked mine the other week at about 3 am by myself...... next time I'll do it with a friend.

Comment

• ClassicCust0ms
                            • May 2011

Originally posted by pinpush
                            those motors are hellish to get out by yourself, I yanked mine the other week at about 3 am by myself...... next time I'll do it with a friend.

you forgot to say nohomo

Comment

• livingdeadmc
                              • Apr 2024

Originally posted by ClassicCust0ms
                              you forgot to say nohomo
                              Bahahahahaha!!!!!!

Comment

• doom
                                • Dec 2010

well outta cash and short on time. I guess she will get the full chopper treatment and have to wait till next year to hit the road.

Well the time has come to throw in the proverbial towel on my bike build. If you happened to come across my build thread on chopcult.com e...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;