CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ibuiltmine View Post
    cb350 to cb750 I think it would be close. I stepped out and looked at my 350 and my 750 frames. but I dont have any stock tanks. they look close, even though the 350 has the stamped backbone and the 750 is tube. I dont htink the mounts will line up though. will have to move them a bit.
    Thanks for the info. might try a 500 4 tank. looking for a quick fit. I just hate the size and shape of the 78 750 tank. worst case scenerio the shop has a 74 tank that is nice that looks better then the 78 but its still big.

Get Adobe Flash player

Are you using the stock handlebar with risers? What about using a dead blow and "adjusting" the tank to work or do what you want it to do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cb  750.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Stock tank has a dent at the back of the filler flap. Cant use a hammer to adjust that lol. Also cant fill it because its also setting the flap crooked.

For bars i just bought a set of 7/8 moto bars without a crossbar on ebay for next to nothing.

Joneo

Default cb 750

I had two of thesebikes over the years,{sohc}both where reliable and bullit proof,couldnt get either one to die,,,,hahaha realy I ran the piss,out of them,one thing learned, if you run like 10 over front end on stock frame with no rake(sudo chop)it will want to drop you on your side ,in curves,,,made it WAY to top heavy ,,,also the both of those would run all day on reg gas,,,my trump dosent like the piss gas has turned into,,also hide 2,3 toggles in line, that way without the proper CODEno one could figure out how to get it started,,,gear it up for highway,, drop few teeth off rear sprocket will let it cruise highway speed without turning high rpms,,,my sudo chop had drag bike gears ,,,real fast up to 65 then at 70 was wound up tight due to gearing,,,also recomend kirker 4into1 pipes makes big difference,drags with baffles look cool but the kirker makes that 4 sing,,,get it dialed in and it ought to last a long time,,,,hope the prior mechanic didnt leave any more surprises for you,,my 2 cents
    Last edited by Joneo; 05-24-2011 at 9:40 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

you wanna know whats worse then wrestling a cb750 motor into the frame by yourself?? Realizing after its in your dad never finished polishing the valve cover so you forgot to install it.

livingdeadmc

Ewww that sucks...my boy and I did his 500/4 and it took the two if us a bit to do it....I couldn't imagine a larger motor and by myself...fuck that! Can't wait to see ur ride tho...

Get Adobe Flash player

those motors are hellish to get out by yourself, I yanked mine the other week at about 3 am by myself...... next time I'll do it with a friend.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by pinpush View Post
    those motors are hellish to get out by yourself, I yanked mine the other week at about 3 am by myself...... next time I'll do it with a friend.

you forgot to say nohomo

livingdeadmc

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicCust0ms View Post
    you forgot to say nohomo
    Bahahahahaha!!!!!!

Get Adobe Flash player

well outta cash and short on time. I guess she will get the full chopper treatment and have to wait till next year to hit the road.

http://fromohiowithhate.blogspot.com...-in-towel.html

Get Adobe Flash player

sorry to hear you ran out before you were done but now I'm sure you'll get her done nice and right!

Share This