CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default i have some 78 gs550 questions

Hi guys, Im relatively new to this scene so please forgive any stupid questions. I have a 78 suzuki gs550, Bought it stock but now any old jap bike purist would probably crucify me if they saw it. Anyways I have a few questions...

I bought a tail/brake light license plate bracket from road 6 customs and im having trouble wiring it. The stock wires going to the tail are black brown and white. The wires on the light are black blue and purple. Black is ground, i know that, and im pretty sure blue goes to white. But when all 3 wires are connected the light is at the birghtest, both filaments are burning. This is only supposed to happen when the brake is being engaged, but im not pulling any levers, sooo any ideas? Anyone know where to find a good wiring diagram?

Also, I put pod filters on and now when i crack the throttle it bogs, can this be fixed with a synch, or do I need to change jets, I already cleaned the carbs. What size should I go to?

Any help with the questions would be greatly appreciated, my buddy who was helping me just started working full time at a harley dealership so Im pretty much on my own.

Get Adobe Flash player

From your bike wiring harness B/W is ground, Brown is the running lite, white is your brake switch- with the ground wires attatched and the power on, touch the brown wire from the bike to each of the remaining wires on the lite to see which is the brightest, this will tell you which of the wires from the lite is the brake side, then wire your brown wire to the dimmer wire of the two, that will be your running/tail lite, then hook the white wire from the bike to the other lite wire this will be your brake lite, if they still both light up then you have a possible ground some where or one of you brake switches are hung up or bad.

As far as the pod filters go you'll have to go up 4-6 sizes on the jets, can't really tell ya which size to get because each bike is different in that way.

hopefully this helps ya some.

Get Adobe Flash player

Here's a link to a site that will help you tremendously.
    http://www.thegsresources.com/
    They don't like us chopping up their bikes though, so don't expect a warm welcome. They do have almost all the information you could ever need.

Get Adobe Flash player

yea I just went an searched their forums, I still couldnt find what jet size I need to go up to, any ideas? and is it just the main jets, or all of them that need to be changed? thanks

Get Adobe Flash player

Did you ever track down what size jets you need? What size did you use and where did you get them?

Share This