Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McGreggerson
    • Apr 2011

'79 kz1000 build

Back awhile ago i traded a modified moped (not kidding) for a partially started bobbed '79 kz1000 LTD.

I didnt do anything with it at first except make sure the motor was in decent condition before heading back to school. Living in the dorms didnt leave me anywhere to keep the bike, so it stayed at my parents place. after i get back for the summer i'm getting started on it again. glad to find a forum that doesnt hate on someone chopping up a kz, caught alot of flak on kzrider at first.

As you can see from the pictures, its in kinda rough shape. Its cleaner now, these are from the day i put it in the garage after picking it up.

Plans are currently to get it rolling and running, put a new tank on it after replacing the missing frame bar. i'm assuming thats a pretty critical part that shouldnt be left out. pipes are going to get a black exhaust wrap, new wiring, headlight, taillight, solo seat, bars, etc.

this coming winter will hopefully see more extreme frame chopping, possibly a hard-tail mod, small sissy-bar to strap shit to, lower style stance etc. i'm definitely keeping the current wheels and brakes, that engine is just too powerful to lose any braking power. i'm down with spool fronts, just want to be able to stop this beast.

• turtlem1969
    • Sep 2010

You have a lot of nerve posting a kz1000 build in the xs650 forum.

all joking aside, glad to see someone doing a larger 4 banger, you planning on stretching it any and making it long and lean or going more of the brat style with it?

Comment

• McGreggerson
      • Apr 2011

it'll probably look "brat-y" at first, but final plans are still in the works. might get a mild stretch if i hard-tail it. i'm still working out what it will look like when finished, if ever finished. for starts i'm putting a set of mild pull-back bars on it, almost like drags, but with 2"rise and 2" pullback (i think). I wont be able to start on it until after finals, so for now i'm stuck at school wishing i could wrench on it.

Comment

• rigatoni
        • Feb 2011

Hahahaha yeah whats up with the last couple weeks being ALL XS posts?! where da kwaks and hondas at?! Stoked on your KZ 1000
        Check out this video of some kz1000's in the first mad max movie

Comment

• mlc216
          • Apr 2024

Originally posted by rigatoni
          Hahahaha yeah whats up with the last couple weeks being ALL XS posts?! where da kwaks and hondas at?! Stoked on your KZ 1000
          Check out this video of some kz1000's in the first mad max movie
          http://youtu.be/JQCqyrWoIEs
          HEY I take offense to that! I posted my suzuki build and nobody cares! haha

All joking aside, kz's are awesome. Especially 1000's!!! I think I'm gonna build a large displacement 4 cyl next so I'll have something to hit the interstate on. Good luck and keep us updated!

Comment

• Brandon
            • Aug 2009

KZ1000's suck... Nope not really. I love mine and most harleys cant touch me. Good luck in school and on your build

Photobucket

Comment

• McGreggerson
              • Apr 2011

thanks everybody. I saw brandons kwak and really liked the look of it, though my own ideas are slowly developing into exactly what i want to do. The only thing settled thus far is at its finality it will have a white upholstered seat. its just something i've done to every bike i build.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;