X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FUJay1313
    • Nov 2009

71 CB500 F.U. Style Project.....Brat,Rat,Cafe,,F**K U!~

Ok guys, first Ill just say "Hey"

The short of it is... I just traded some parts from a old build to start this new one.
    It's a 72 CB500k (f?) -- it's a 4... So I now am a proud owner of a 75 550 rolling frame
    and a 90% there cb500 engine... Not a bad trade for old parts an a .22 rifle.

But my big thing is I've never build a four. Just twins, Triumph 650 & a HD iron head 900.
    So I know in my mind I can do it... But what the he'll have I gotten my self into...??

I'll do my best not to rant or whine.. But if I am just tell me to "shut the fuck up"..

[B"]This is all snagged from the SOHC.net Forum"[/B]"The purist were pissing me off!!"
  • FUJay1313
    • Nov 2009

Second post.........

Sounds like a good deal, but do you have a title? That can be a nightmare depending on the state requirements A four cylinder is not difficult, need an extra hand when you put the cylinders over the pistons. And that can be eliminated by using blocks to hold the pistons steady. Download the manual from this site and with your experience you should be fine.

K or F, if it has 4 into 1 it is an F, 4 into 4 would be the K. That is unless the someone changed the exhaust.

I'm lucky enough that in GA if it's 20yrs or older.. No title needed.. But whn it's time to tag her a (bill of sale) will work.. And if I want I can get a salvage title made up for her.. But Ill come that bridge later..

As for the manuals... Hell yes! Got em.. An whoever put them up is my new best friend..

Also the one good thing about Atlanta, we have more then a few cycle gurus.. That I have access to pick there brains, but this build is all me.. Scared but willful...

And last, I have no pipes, so for now it's a 72 CB500...

Comment

• FUJay1313
      • Nov 2009

3rd post..............

The 500 is a K, it's the 550 that has both a K & a F model.

MJ

Well by that, the 500 engines a K & the badge on the 550 frame says K so I guess it's a K..!
      ((glad that's all cleared up))

The K was just the designation for the type of pipes an tank were on it, Right??

Comment

• FUJay1313
        • Nov 2009

4th post..........

What are your plans for her?

Not totally sure... I'm thinking street tracker.... I'm also diggin the brat style coming out of Japan....
        My back is too shot out so a "cafe" might off the table...

( I have NO real idea why Im moving this shit over here,,, It just feels more like home! )

Comment

• NHMike
          • Apr 2024

This shit is fucking freaking me out man. Are you talking to yourself??

Comment

• WarGhost
            • Oct 2009

^ That was fucking hilarious! What is this? I don't understand. His questions/musings from another forum copied over?

Comment

• Hooligan80
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by WarGhost
              ^ That was fucking hilarious! What is this? I don't understand. His questions/musings from another forum copied over?
              Exactly what he did. He copied both his responses as well as the other forum members questions and answers to him from his thread at the SOHC.net forum.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;